FM 2020

ajwffc

Halfway through my first season (2025/26) with Saints and loving it. Going into the winter break sat 3rd, only 5 points off 2nd. A lot of very good youngsters at the club when I signed, including a 19 year old striker called Neil Grant. He scored 19 goals for them last season, and under me has 14 in 21 league games.

5 points clear of 4th placed Motherwell, but 14 points clear of 5th placed Hearts, so European football is surely all but guarenteed. Shite thing is though, as I posted earlier, Scotland were 6th in the co-efficient table and occupied 3 CL spots, but lost a place coming into this season. That would have been amazing, managing Saints in the CL. 

On 28/04/2020 at 09:58, C. Muir said:

Like Broony I've also started one as Celtic but in the database I posted at the top of this page (with my amendments under too) where them and Rangers are in the English Championship.

As you'll see in that post, the budget is very generous for that level (more a top half Prem club IMO) but I decided to keep that budget for the Premier League and went with no signings. That is until the first game of the league season where, when picking my matchday squad, I was informed I needed at least 7 players trained in England (as I'm an English club now my own youth players count) and had to call up Kundai Benyu from the u19s to sit on the bench :lol:  So in came Ben Brereton on loan from Blackburn to provide further backup to Edouard and Griffiths. But if I get a couple of "homegrown" injuries then I'm just flinging reserves/u19s in the match day squad to make up the numbers. Something that'll need addressed either in January or the summer ahead of the Premier League, assuming I get there.

Played up till end of November so far. August was patchy (fine at home, awful away). But hitting strides now the form since the beginning of September reading P15 W12 D2 L1. That included a derby triumph at Ibrox.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.a5d86411032bf67093b7972b635cc24a.png

Carabao Cup has been good to me.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.8656660850b8c497e5df681be19b40da.png

Can't be too far off Evertons strongest team either and although Arsenal made changes it was still a strong side.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.91caf063abcdc6585e07a22c2e53ff64.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.48f81084927e2bccb73e5fc2466de422.png

Quarter final line up gave me a good laugh.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.00693373cdaf4e8cd8e92974117b72dd.png

Really good chance of silverware here if Man U can get knocked out.

League table looking like this. A slight bug about this database is fixtures being generated for international weekends so I keep having to request postponment of my games that land on they weekends as I have far too many players missing. Hence the games in hand.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.87b6a0f3f24d99523cd53c03a3f51fdf.png

Season Complete

Promoted as champions like the aim was at the beginning of the season. Leeds and Fulham gave me a great run for my money but had enough to get over the line. Edouard also won the league golden boot. There will be no Old Firm derbies for at least a season as, same as when they played North of the border, Rangers failed to get out the Championship at the first attempt.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.960c210b117953ba2be49714d2cabddd.png

Both domestic cups saw us have good runs but ultimately disappointing exits, especially with beating better sides in previous rounds of both competitions. Encouraging that I more than competed with a couple of good sides I suppose.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ac30156cd4ed67d76777ffa8aa66d24d.png

January saw one player come in. Centre back signed from Preston for £9 million. His ability isn't actually as good as I thought as I mind him being really good in FM19 but still went for him anyway in the hope that he'll improve.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5dceae6df90b80413b0420276108c8f2.png

2 other players will also be joining when the transfer window opens. A goalie and striker. With Forster only on loan a keeper was an absolute priority and delighted to get who I did for the price I did. I also felt a striker was important as I'm 50/50 on whether to punt Griffiths and not convinced Bayo and Klimala have got it so need quality backup for Edouard. Seems strange the record transfer fee going on someone that will be backup to begin with but confident it'll be an excellent investment over time.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b1f93526c641d2c644204ac398496797.png

Expect a lot more business both in and out too when the window does open. Roll on the PL.

Played a season and a bit since last update. Alloa made it to the premier league it went straight back down with a record low points total. 8 points. Two wins both at home to motherwell and two draws 1-1 at home to Falkirk and 1-1 away to Hamilton. They are now rock bottom of the championship after the first quarter. They have been replaced in the premiership by Cowdenbeath, I had the pleasure of visiting them on the opening day. The flag unfurling was a thing of beauty through the cage. I pumped them 5-0 and sent the blue Brazil fans home thinking they might not beat Alloa’s points total. They could be right as they only have 4 points after 8 games the same as Alloa. Alloa didn’t pick up another point before the split. 

Scottish teams in Champions league are ripping it up, four teams in this seasons competition are Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Hearts. Opening two match days have seen Celtic beat Liverpool 5-3 at home and Seville 3-0 away with Inter Milan the other team. Rangers beat Porto away 1-0 and Man Utd 2-0 at Ibrox and Hamburg still to play. Hearts beat Monaco 4-0 at home and then got a good away point at Feyenoord with Arsenal finishing off that group. Hibs have by far the easiest group they beat Fc Kobenhaven 2-0 at home then went to slovan Liberec and won 5-0 final team in that Group is Real Madrid who actually beat Hibs in the last 16 last season last season. I say beat it was more like an assault, 9-2 on agg. Rangers went out 8-2 on agg to Man City at the same stage. Celtic managed the semis before a 6-0 pumping at Anfield saw them lose 7-4 on agg. St Mirren dropped into UEFA cup and were beaten by Eintracht Frankfurt in the last 16. 

I now have a 33 year old Phil Foden as my only non regen in my squad, Ajer retired after making 472 appearances at the end of the 2033/34 season. I have got the club back on a sound financial footing after doing some wheeling and dealing. My whole starting 11 is 4 and a half stars or 5 which helps domestically, but really want another few champions league wins before I move on club or new save wise. I want to resign and try to get the queen of the south job who are languishing in league 2. That would be a nice way to end the save. 

Noticed a strange transfer this morning, Dunfermline who are 3rd in the championship just paid Aberdeen (9th in premiership) £3 million for a 17 year old regen who on the face of it looks murder.On further investigation they are worth £59 million as a club which is  more than 6/7 premier league sides and 6xthe worth of Killie who are currently in the top 6. Must have a sugar daddy owned but finances just say secure. They produced an absolutely brilliant left back in 2022 who they sold for 2 million back in 2025/26 to Watford. He is now valued at £19.75 million and has 63 caps for Northern Ireland. Now wondering what the f**k my scouts were doing when this guy was under our noses. I’m really invested in this save and I’m not sure if anyone will care or not but think I might post every club in Scotland’s current manager and current position and then best position over the past 16 seasons. More for my self but thought all you fm addicts would be interested...maybe. If anyone wants anything apart from what I said above just ask. 

10 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Noticed a strange transfer this morning, Dunfermline who are 3rd in the championship just paid Aberdeen (9th in premiership) £3 million for a 17 year old regen who on the face of it looks murder.On further investigation they are worth £59 million as a club which is  more than 6/7 premier league sides and 6xthe worth of Killie who are currently in the top 6. Must have a sugar daddy owned but finances just say secure. They produced an absolutely brilliant left back in 2022 who they sold for 2 million back in 2025/26 to Watford. He is now valued at £19.75 million and has 63 caps for Northern Ireland. Now wondering what the f**k my scouts were doing when this guy was under our noses. I’m really invested in this save and I’m not sure if anyone will care or not but think I might post every club in Scotland’s current manager and current position and then best position over the past 16 seasons. More for my self but thought all you fm addicts would be interested...maybe. If anyone wants anything apart from what I said above just ask. 

I'm always interested to see how Clyde are getting on in other saves, paritcularly ones as lengthy as yours!

So will likely do this one division at a time and will start with my club then go alphabetical order. So I’m going to do club name, stadium, avg attendance for 2034/35, finishing position 2034/35, highest finishing position since 2019/20, current top earner and their wage, key player and value, value of club, current manager, notable previous managers if any and notable achievement if any. 

CELTIC

Celtic park 65,161

avg attendance 64,919

2034/35 1st in Premiership

1st in Premiership.

Severi Ala-Hukkala £235,000 a week. 

Yannick Schultze 23 year old German 41 caps/30 goals. £53 million. 

back to back champions league wins 2029/30 and 2030/31. Club world champions 2033 (new format)

estimated value £1.21 billion. 

ABERDEEN

Kingsford Stadium 20,000 

avg attendance 15,519

2034/45 9th in Premiership 

2021/22 4th in premiership 

Lasse Ervesti £16,000

Karl sims £4.4 million 23 year old English left winger. no caps at any level

runners up in one Scottish cup (2020/21) and two betfreds (2022/23 and 2034/35)

manager - Murray Paterson 42 regen manager previously with at Motherwell and Dunfermline. 

notable former managers - where to start... Stuart McCall, Craig Levein, David Hopkin, Gary Holt, Jack Ross,  Paul Gallagher (Ex Preston striker), Steven Jovetic (lasted 201 days), Gary Medel and finally Darren Ferguson. 11 managers in 16 seasons. 

estimated value £57 million.

COWDENBEATH

Central Park 4,309

avg attendance 3,330

2034/35 12th in premiership 

2034/35 12th in premiership

£3,300 Sem de Konig 

Roddy Gray 23 year old striker worth £450k who was capped at under 20 level. Scored 78 goals in 228 games.

The biggest jump in leagues from league 2 to premier league. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

current manager - Steven Jovetic (his 5th Scottish gig)

notable former managers - Mark Wilson and Conor Hourihane did most of the good work gaining promotions. 

estimated value £5.5 million. 

FALKIRK

The Alex Totten stadium 19,513

Avg att 7,491 (moved to new stadium this season, got 16,000 for first game)

2034/3511th in premiership (won playoff)

2031/32 5th in premiership 

£9,500 Alcides Mendez 

Paul Wright attacking midfielder worth £675k  who was capped 33 times for Scotland u21’s scoring 5 times. Came through the Hibs academy and played over 300 times for Hibs. Falkirk signed him for £1.3 million. 

Played in Europe 2032/33 season through league finish. Did the Tunnocks caramel wafer cup and championship double in 2024/25.

current manager - Liam Bramley, strange appointment as this is his first managerial role at the age of 48. Former youth coach at Newcastle and Chelsea. 

notable former managers - Stuart McCall has been here too as has Paul Gallagher and Darren Ferguson, David Bates was sacked last season as was his successor Diego Demme who lasted 133 days. 

estimated value £12.25 million (loan debt £23.5 million) 

HAMILTON

Fountain of Youth stadium 8,754

Avg att 7,601

2034/35 6th in premiership

2030/31 2nd In premiership

Aidan Conroy £9,500

Dylan McAdams 29 year old striker, this is the hero of the accies. Came through the academy and has stayed with them since. 2 caps for Scotland and 1 goal he has done the business for over 10 seasons now. 177 goals in 483 games and worth £8.5 million. 

current manager - Matthew Jones, 54 year old Welshman previously at Swansea and Burton. 

notable former managers - Alex Neil took over from Brian Rice in 2021 and stayed for 10 years. Steven Jovetic took over but only lasted 346 days before being sacked, replaced by Gary Medel who left to take over at reading. 

Their second placed finish brought about champions league football but unfortunately they didn’t make it out the group stage. 

estimated value £24 million ( loan debt £3 million) 

HEARTS 

Tynecastle 20,099

avg att - 20,039

2034/35 4th in premiership 

4x runners up in the premiership 2020/21,21/22,31/32 and 33/34.

Tony Thomas £25,500

Adam Nisbet 24 year old Scottish striker. 14 u21 caps finding the net 6 times. Pretty good all round striker worth £11.25 million. Spend a season on Loan in Bulgaria with Levski. 63 goals in 191 games. 

current manager - 1998 Scottish cup winner as a player Colin Cameron. 62 years old now and previously been with Airdrie, St Johnstone, Motherwell,  St Mirren and Swansea. 

notable former managers - Daniel Stendel lasted 6 years before going to Rangers. Paulo Sousa was replaced by Andre Villas-Boas who was sacked after 1 year, Jovetic was next before John Robertson who lasted 124 days 🤷🏻‍♂️, Alex Neil was only at the club 287 days before leaving. Couple more sackings before Colin Cameron returned. Gave Aberdeen a run for their money with 10 managers. 

Two Scottish cup wins in 2025/26 and 2032/33. A betfred cup in 2022/23.  Runners up in the euro cup II in 2029/30

estimated value £365 million ( loan debt £56 million) 

HIBS 

Easter Road 25,000

avg att - 23,265

2034/35 3rd in premiership. 

2022/23 2nd in premiership. 

£32,000 Fabrice Fabre 

Fabrice Fabre £22 million pound rated centre back, signed from spurs for £10 million after spending last season on loan. 34 caps for France u21’s and looks a nice piece of business. His first spell in Scotland came 5 years earlier when he spent a season on loan in the championship with Queen’s Park. 

current manager - Daniel Farke came straight from Norwich, been here 11 seasons. 

notable former managers - so Dick Campbell replaces Jack Ross early doors and was replaced by Neil Lennon. No strikers were harmed and he was sacked and replaced by a legend of the game in Jurgen  Klinsmann. Farke replaced him and has been there ever since. 

Reached the last 16 of the champions league two years running which has improved finances no end. Runners up in the euro cup in 2032/33 season, and winners of the euro cup II in 2031/32. 
Two betfred cup wins in 2023/24 and 2024/25. Scottish cup winners in 2033/34. 

estimated value £400 million 

KILMARNOCK

Rugby Park 18,128

avg att - 10,067

2034/35 7th in premiership. 

2019/20 4th in premiership. 

Andrew Spickett £6,250.

Adam Hakeem 23 year old English left back, arrived last season on a free from West Brom. Worth £925k. 

current manager - Callum McGregor after a couple of spells as  a youth coach at Aston Villa and Man City took up the Killie job two years ago. 

notable former managers - another absolute mess of a club. David Moyes was first up and lasted 242 days, Graeme “handstands” Murty lasted just over a year, a few managers later including John Robertson he was replaced by Laurent Koscielny who stayed just over a year. Neil Lennon was next but got the chop after 312 days. Two more manager before McGregor makes the Killie manager total to 12. 

won the Scottish cup in 2019/20 and a runner up in the betfred cup in 2026/27 is the best that they have managed . 

estimated value £11 million

MOTHERWELL

Fir Park 13,677

avg att - 10,472

2034/35 10th in premiership 

2026/27 5th in premier league. 

Brad Barlow £5,750

Keith Concannon-Warmer (oooooft). 24 year old £5.5 million rated left midfielder from England, signed on a free from Aston Villa in 2032/33. Can also play left back but doesn’t look up to much. 

current manager - Mark Wilson after some good work at Brechin (15 seasons in the job and left them in the championship) he went to Cowdenbeath where he continued that good work. Left Cowdenbeath to join Motherwell after relegation back to the championship. 

former notable managers - Jim Goodwin replaced Stephen Robinson in 2021 and lasted a couple of seasons. Neil Lennon has a brief spell as did Michael Beale (current assistant to Stevie G). Next up was Peter Grant who got the bullet and was replaced with Colin Cameron. Derek Adams, David Mcracken and Lee Miller also had spells in the job. 

couple of relegations have allowed them to win the championship and challenge cup on two occasions but that aside it’s been a betfred runner up spot in 2024/25 that is the highlight. One venture to Europe off the back of league position but that’s it. 

estimated value £29 million 

PARTICK THISTLE

Firhill 10,102

avg att - 8,938

2034/35 8th in premiership. 

2033/34 6th in premiership 

Sam Burton £6,750

Hamish Henderson £1.7 million rated left midfielder, 16 u21 caps for Scotland with 4 goals. Spent some time with Inverness Caley, Motherwell and Hamilton before ending up at Firhill. 

current manager - Marco Verratti played on until he was 36 and hung up his boots in Spain with Deportivo. First venture in to management. 

notable former managers - Steven Pressley replaced Ian McCall early on. Peter Grant, Gary Holt, Tommy Wright have all been in the dugout. Conor Hourihane also had another successful spell here guiding them to that solid 6th place finish. He is now doing well with Huddersfield in the English championship. 

two challenge cups and a championship title in 2030/31 are the only trophies that have been won. Another club to represent Scotland in Europe. 

estimated value £33 million 

RANGERS 

Ibrox 50,817

avg att 48,917

2034/35 2nd in premiership

10x runner up in the premiership. 

Jakov Miletic £92,000

Tammo Tauer £20.5 million rated centre back. 26 caps for Germany. A £14.5 million pound signing two summers ago from Bayern. He only played 16 games in the league last season. Injury plagued his first season. 

current manager - Julian Nagelsman arrived at Ibrox in April 2034 after spending 14 seasons with RB Leipzig. 

notable former managers - Murty replaced Gerrard for a year before being sacked. He was replaced by Eusebio Di Francesco who lasted almost 5 years. Stendel arrived and had a successful spell and fled for Chelsea. Julen Lopetegui came in before Julian Nagelsmann. 

Between May and August every year social media is rife with statements that 55 is coming but it still hasn’t arrived much to the annoyance of the rangers fans. They have had some success in the cups winning the betfred cup 3 times and the Scottish cup once. No european trophies but have made the last 16 of the champions league twice now which has seen a sharp increase in funds available. 

estimated value £470 million

ST MIRREN 

The Simple Digital Arena 10,000

avg att - 9,317

2034/35 5th in premiership 

2032/33 4th in premiership. 

Domwa Zome £10,000

Kevin Wing is a 24 year old striker from England who was capped at under 19 level. Currently worth £5.25 million he arrived on a free transfer from Crystal Palace. Palace signed him for £4 million from Sunderland back in 2029/30 so they have got a good player for free. 

current manager - Nestor el Maestro 52 year old Serbian,a bit of a journeyman and was reserve manager at Kilmarnock in 2028 before heading south to Morcambe. Arrived at St Mirren via a three year spell in charge of Dundee. 

notable former managers - Paul Lambert  had a 318 day spell after Jim Goodwin was sacked. Jaap Stam came in and was there for two years before being replaced again by the returning Jim Goodwin. He didn’t last a year and was replaced by Phil Neville, Derek Adams was next in the dugout and he would eventually end up at Ross county a remarkable 5 times in his managerial career. Colin Cameron spent a good four and a bit years at the club before joining Hearts. 

estimated value £39million (loan debt £24.5 million)

Last for just now is 

CLYDE

Broadwood 8,086

avg att- 1,000

2034/35 - 6th in League 1

2032/33 10th in championship. 

Anton Hendry £875

Tommy Bassey is a 27 year old striker worth £70k. Has scored 37 goals in 174 career games, started his career down at Millwall. Freed by Inverness Caley he signed for Clyde for their season in the championship but only managed 4 goals  in 35 league games. The following season back in league one he managed 6 in 30 games. I have started the 2035/36 season and he has 3 in 3 so maybe starting to show his worth. 

current manager - Gary MacKenzie just arrived at Xmas last season has been assistant manager more than anything else including a spell at Leeds. This is his first gig as a manager. 

Former notable managers -  Gary Naysmith replaced Danny Lennon on the  9th of March 2023 and stayed for 2 years before leaving for Ayr United. Laurie Ellis was next for just over a year and replaced with ex motherwell manager Stephen Robinson. He stayed for almost 4 years before being sacked and replaced with Ian McCall. Next up was Chris Millar who delivered the title winning season. 

estimated value £250k

Edited by Broony88

• 2 weeks later...

@Broony88

That's superb, cheers for putting all that down.

Enjoyed Jovetics absolutely random, unsuccessful and short, stay at multiple Scottish clubs 😂

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Tempted for a save in the Bundesliga after that league returning today. No idea who to go though. Tend to stick to mostly UK teams on FM saves. Anyone but Bayern Munich anyway

FC Cologne.

5 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Tempted for a save in the Bundesliga after that league returning today. No idea who to go though. Tend to stick to mostly UK teams on FM saves. Anyone but Bayern Munich anyway

Depends what sort of side you're wanting?

Dortmund and Leipzig are both fun squads from the start, but Bayern generally struggle under the AI so dominating can become a bit easy.

Leverkusen are a tier below Dortmund/Leipzig, and those two teams do make good signings and strengthen, so I'd recommend them.

Theres really no bad Bundesliga side to manage though, they all have great finances, facilities and youth players.

48 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Managing in the Conference South. League finished with 42 games played in the first season but now there's a 46 game season.

WTF?!

Does the league not restructure after season one? So there's 24 teams in it, not 22? 

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Does the league not restructure after season one? So there's 24 teams in it, not 22? 

Didn't notice this. So what happened? Two non-league teams promoted?

1 hour ago, Speroni*1 said:

Didn't notice this. So what happened? Two non-league teams promoted?

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/26667/non-league-restructuring-change-2020/

I didnt actually know this btw, just googled it quickly. Had initially assumed it had something to do with the Bury situation as theres a slight tweak to promotions and relegations after this season to make the leagues an even number of teams again.

Edited by C. Muir

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Depends what sort of side you're wanting?

Dortmund and Leipzig are both fun squads from the start, but Bayern generally struggle under the AI so dominating can become a bit easy.

Leverkusen are a tier below Dortmund/Leipzig, and those two teams do make good signings and strengthen, so I'd recommend them.

Theres really no bad Bundesliga side to manage though, they all have great finances, facilities and youth players.

Was thinking Leverkusen or one of the teams that aren't quite as strong now as they used to be like Schalke, Bremen or Wolfsburg. Or even a jaunt into Bundesliga 2 with Stuttgart

1 minute ago, C. Muir said:

Was thinking Leverkusen or one of the teams that aren't quite as strong now as they used to be like Schalke, Bremen or Wolfsburg. Or even a jaunt into Bundesliga 2 with Stuttgart

You mean like FC Cologne?