FM 2020

ajwffc

Anyone know how to upload something to the steam workshop? I downloaded a database I mostly liked the look of there. Has the following changes

827849910_customdatabse.thumb.png.344305d8abea7539d848d96c1e1b2416.png

However I've opened the file up in the editor and made some amendments. Absolutely nobody will be surprised to know that the changes I made were binning the idea of Celtic B and Rangers B in the Scottish Premiership so I removed them and moved Ayr and Morton up from Champ to Prem (they'll both be singing my praises with that enormous TV money increase!) , Edinburgh and Queens Park up from League 1 to Champ and added Bonnyrigg and Auchinleck into League 1. I'm assuming anyone that would want to try a save on this databse wouldn't want Old Firm B in Scotland either so trying to get the one with my changes uploaded.

Don't know whether to start as one of the Old Firm in England or a Scottish team in the new and improved league setup. Probably end up doing both 😂

Edited by C. Muir

Lost the League 1 title in the penultimate game of the season, then lost in the play-offs to Airdrie. Caley Thistle job came up though, so a move up North it is, both geographically, and in the league tables. Caley have just finished bottom of the Premiership, so a rebuilding job on my hands, but should be fun.

2 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Lost the League 1 title in the penultimate game of the season, then lost in the play-offs to Airdrie. Caley Thistle job came up though, so a move up North it is, both geographically, and in the league tables. Caley have just finished bottom of the Premiership, so a rebuilding job on my hands, but should be fun.

7-0 win away at Queen of the South in my 2nd game in charge. 😎

Thought I would give the odd update on my save, I’m playing as Celtic, when I started this save it was an edited database with a British cup added to the usual competitions. In the year 2031/32 season now, Domestically has been fairly plain sailing. I’ve  won majority of the cups and won every league title. I tend to field a weakened team in the betfred cup up to the final or semi if it’s Rangers hence the odd loss. January window about to slam shut and as it stands I’m 16 points clear of hearts with a game in hand so the league is wrapped up again this year, Rangers are currently in 5th place 6 points behind 4th place Hamilton with two games in hand. This season is the first time Scotland has two group stage entrants in the champions league so Hearts or Hibs look like will battle that one out. Motherwell and Dundee United look like they will battle out 11th and 12th, Falkirk in 10th are 11 points clear already.  Rangers in 5th and Falkirk in 10th are only separated by 7 points. 

I’m going for three in a row in the champions league after basically flopping every year before hand and then it just clicked and started smashing the big teams fairly easily. Every major club lowballing for my regens and unsettling them. 4/5 of them want to leave to play for Arsenal who aren’t even in the champions league 🤷🏻‍♂️

Further down the Scottish leagues looks like Dundee might finally get out of the championship. 7 points clear of Ross County and St Johnstone with 22 games played for everyone. At the other end Raith look gone already 11 points behind Inverness Caley. Queen’s Park punching above their weight in 8th in the Championship. 

league 1 looks wrapped up by Brechin, 9 points clear of Stenny and 14 clear of Airdrie in third. Would need a massive collapse to not win it. Ayr, Morton and Qos all in mid table in this division. Montrose cut loose at the bottom with Arbroath in second bottom currently. 

league 2 is by far the tightest division in the country. Peterhead a point clear of East Kilbride and 5 clear of East fife. Annan are fourth with Dumbarton in 5th but only 9 behind the leaders. Stirling bottom just now and in line for the play off. 

if anyone wants a screenshot of their club let me know. 

finally a little screenshot of the lowest position I’ve ever seen Rangers on this game. They have improved since this was taken but still struggling to get European football. 

C8208BFC-AEBC-467E-95DF-EEE5CBCBC2F8.jpeg

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 12:13, C. Muir said:

Anyone know how to upload something to the steam workshop? I downloaded a database I mostly liked the look of there. Has the following changes

827849910_customdatabse.thumb.png.344305d8abea7539d848d96c1e1b2416.png

However I've opened the file up in the editor and made some amendments. Absolutely nobody will be surprised to know that the changes I made were binning the idea of Celtic B and Rangers B in the Scottish Premiership so I removed them and moved Ayr and Morton up from Champ to Prem (they'll both be singing my praises with that enormous TV money increase!) , Edinburgh and Queens Park up from League 1 to Champ and added Bonnyrigg and Auchinleck into League 1. I'm assuming anyone that would want to try a save on this databse wouldn't want Old Firm B in Scotland either so trying to get the one with my changes uploaded.

Don't know whether to start as one of the Old Firm in England or a Scottish team in the new and improved league setup. Probably end up doing both 😂

Gives you the option when saving editor data. Down on the bottom right somewhere.

Season completed and the last piece of news that has just come through is that Stendel has just been sacked as Chelsea manager. Finished a respectable third in the league and was well clear of fourth. Bit of a shock, wonder where he will end up next, knowing Fm probably Elgin. 

I am in financial turmoil, £77 million in debt and close to doing a Rangers, lost £120 million this season. Board still gave me £30 million to spend in the summer so I spent that immediately on a Bosnian regen from Dinamo who looks a 40 goal a season at this level. 

Won the domestic treble and set a new points record for the Premiership, 110 (36 wins and 2 draws). My aim is to win all 38 games which was close considering I drew two home games, a 0-0 v hibs and a 1-1 with hearts where they scored in stoppage time. 

I was trying to do three in a row in the champions league but that was a disaster and after winning home and away against Chelsea I topped the group with 16 points (draw with Seville away). 
Drew Bayern and took a lead at half time only to collapse and lose 3-1. Couldn’t break them down at home and they scored after 30 mins which basically ended it. Lost the game 1-0 and sulked my way to end of the season. 

Dundee have done it, no promotion since the start of the game, they tried to chuck it but Ross county and Cowdenbeath just didn’t get enough points at the end. Dundee didn’t win from match day 31 to match day 35 but won the last two against Ross County and Livingston to win by 8 points. 
At the other end Raith were down a long way out and made no gain from Xmas onwards. Queen’s Park won the play off final against Morton 5-0 on agg. 

League 1 stayed the same at the top with Brechin winning the league and Stenny second but no promotion from the play offs for anyone. At the bottom Arbroath finished bottom after throwing away a lead on the final day. Montrose winning 3-0 to arbroaths 1-1 was enough to see them finish bottom. They actually entered the last day 1 goal apart. Montrose went down via the play offs losing out to Elgin in the semis who then lost to east fife. Edinburgh City finished bottom but managed to stave off relegation by beating Brora 4-2 on agg. 

rest of the premiership...

So I got the amount of champions leagues spots wrong in earlier post, now the top 6 get European spots with the introduction of the Euro cup II. We have 2 of those available to 6th and 5th. A euro cup group stage goes to 4th place, 3rd place is rewarded with a 3rd round best placed qualifying round entry, and 2nd and 1st are straight in to the group stage. Hearts finished second on goals scored from Hibs. They finished 14 points clear of Rangers in fourth, Falkirk 5th and Hamilton 6th although St Mirren finished with 5 points more than Accies. Partick also got more points than them down in 8th. But they get the European spot and will play European football for a second consecutive season. 

At the bottom Motherwell lost the battle and went down, Dundee United finished 11th and played Ross County in the final. First leg was a 1-0 away win for United and set them up to stay up and have another derby in the top flight. A comfortable 3-0 home win secured their premiership status. 

Edited by Broony88

1 hour ago, Broony88 said:

I am in financial turmoil, £77 million in debt and close to doing a Rangers, lost £120 million this season.

Tbf I think it's impossible to actually bankrupt clubs in FM, so at the stage you're at you would be aswell just going baws oot until you reach the trigger figure that brings about a takeover.

Debt will then disappear. 

One thing I'm not keen about on FM, think some careers would be more exciting if there was a genuine risk the club could vanish from the game.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf I think it's impossible to actually bankrupt clubs in FM, so at the stage you're at you would be aswell just going baws oot until you reach the trigger figure that brings about a takeover.

Debt will then disappear. 

One thing I'm not keen about on FM, think some careers would be more exciting if there was a genuine risk the club could vanish from the game.

I always go on holiday between end of season and 9th June til the window opens. So I had my Champions league seeding money and sponsorships I am now only £20 million in debt and they have increased the transfer money percentage to 30%. Little do they know I’m not selling anyone unless a crazy bid comes in. Yeah I have seen teams go into administration but never go bust. 

I spotted a wonderkid who I thought would be a great addition to my team and sorted a deal of £10m, unfortunately only had a budget of £6.5m however the bank had a healthy balance of £35m so I thought the board won't see an issue with it given how good this player is going to be. Ploughed ahead to the board meeting, didn't grant it on first request so I went full throttle position is untenable if you don't sign him thinking he's better than anything we have and I have quite a healthy support from them and the supporters. Next thing I know request rejected, I get sacked. Went in to view the squad to see how results had plummeted lo and behold there he is in the squad, having been signed in the deal I agreed. Typical Sunderland. 

Like Broony I've also started one as Celtic but in the database I posted at the top of this page (with my amendments under too) where them and Rangers are in the English Championship.

As you'll see in that post, the budget is very generous for that level (more a top half Prem club IMO) but I decided to keep that budget for the Premier League and went with no signings. That is until the first game of the league season where, when picking my matchday squad, I was informed I needed at least 7 players trained in England (as I'm an English club now my own youth players count) and had to call up Kundai Benyu from the u19s to sit on the bench :lol:  So in came Ben Brereton on loan from Blackburn to provide further backup to Edouard and Griffiths. But if I get a couple of "homegrown" injuries then I'm just flinging reserves/u19s in the match day squad to make up the numbers. Something that'll need addressed either in January or the summer ahead of the Premier League, assuming I get there.

Played up till end of November so far. August was patchy (fine at home, awful away). But hitting strides now the form since the beginning of September reading P15 W12 D2 L1. That included a derby triumph at Ibrox.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a5d86411032bf67093b7972b635cc24a.png

Carabao Cup has been good to me.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8656660850b8c497e5df681be19b40da.png

Can't be too far off Evertons strongest team either and although Arsenal made changes it was still a strong side.

Spoiler

image.png.91caf063abcdc6585e07a22c2e53ff64.png

Spoiler

image.png.48f81084927e2bccb73e5fc2466de422.png

Quarter final line up gave me a good laugh.

Spoiler

image.png.00693373cdaf4e8cd8e92974117b72dd.png

Really good chance of silverware here if Man U can get knocked out.

League table looking like this. A slight bug about this database is fixtures being generated for international weekends so I keep having to request postponment of my games that land on they weekends as I have far too many players missing. Hence the games in hand.

Spoiler

image.png.87b6a0f3f24d99523cd53c03a3f51fdf.png

Edited by C. Muir

Won the league with Caley in my first season there. Form dropped off massively after pumping Hearts 4-0 at Tynecastle in the cup, but got the job done in the end.

Drew Rangers in the semi's and I've just lost the tie 9-0.  NINE. They just scored with every attack. They were awarded 3 penalties, and I got 2 men sent off. What a crock of ****ing shite.

10 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Stendel has just got the Bayern job, this game is high. St Mirren are in the champions league too. 

Sounds more like a bad acid trip than just a high tbh :lol:

29 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Stendel has just got the Bayern job, this game is high. St Mirren are in the champions league too. 

Boy I know had a long term Morton save where they were unquestionable the best team in the world with ten Champions League titles in a row.

The last three of them he beat St. Mirren in the final.

Another pal had a similar save where, even after 40odd years with Morton and ruling the world, he never played a single competitive game v St. Mirren who languished in the seaside leagues for decades.

Dunno which one would be my real world preference.

7 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Boy I know had a long term Morton save where they were unquestionable the best team in the world with ten Champions League titles in a row.

The last three of them he beat St. Mirren in the final.

Another pal had a similar save where, even after 40odd years with Morton and ruling the world, he never played a single competitive game v St. Mirren who languished in the seaside leagues for decades.

Dunno which one would be my real world preference.

Has to be scudding them constantly, not playing them would be shit after a while. I beat Rangers 6-0 at Ibrox and I think I could hear my laptop boooing. 

Season 2024/25 (2nd season with Caley) didn't go to plan at all. Relegated on the last day, but got to the League Cup final, losing to Dundee. Highlight of the season was beating Dundee 5-0. Low point, bar the final, was losing 8-1 to Rangers. 

Scotland is 6th in the coefficient table, and Celtic and Rangers teams are just ridiculously strong. Rangers also beat Hearts 8-0 so it's not just me that gets pumped off them!

Started to rebuild with Caley in the Championship, but before pre-season started, I was offered the St Johnstone gig. Another crack at the top flight for me. One major signing I've made, a 35 year old Pierre Emerick Aubameyang. 😂

Hoping this spell in the Premiership is better than my season with Caley. Mon the Perth Saints!