FM 2020

ajwffc

1 hour ago, Connor1874 said:

So, as above, I went for FM20 in the end, and have been playing for a few hours, and I'm struggling a bit. Worst part is, I don't know if it's my tactics, or my team.

I loaded the tactic I use on FM19, which worked a treat most of the time. It's a counter press tactic which led to 15+ shots and 55%+ possession most games, but it's not getting me results. Was trying to think who to start with, and my girlfriend shouted out Stoke randomly, so I thought why not. I know they haven't had the best of seasons so maybe the team are just shite, but maybe my tactic isn't really functional in 20.

Stats wise, I'm dominating some games, but can't score for toffee.

Stoke are a shite team to manage, same issues as Sunderland. Theres hidden stats behind clubs that make them inconsistent etc., that you can see through the editor, and I think both those clubs have some form of Editor hex on them. 

You pretty much to empty the club, start again, and spend a few seasons evening that out, from my experience of them. Makes a great challenge tbf.

Edited by RandomGuy.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Stoke are a shite team to manage, same issues as Sunderland. Theres hidden stats behind clubs that make them inconsistent etc., that you can see through the editor, and I think both those clubs have some form of Editor hex on them. 

You pretty much to empty the club, start again, and spend a few seasons evening that out, from my experience of them. Makes a great challenge tbf.

Aye that sounds pretty spot on to be honest. I started one with Sunderland on 19, and it was the only club I think my trusted tactics failed miserably at.

I tried to get players off the wage bill at Stoke, but the problem was trying to get clubs to pay these players wages. Squad was far too big, and some very mediocre players on stupid wages. 

Experimented by looking at Steam and found a preset tactic with rave reviews, yet I still couldn't buy a win. Gives me some reassurance that it wasn't me. 😂

5 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Aye that sounds pretty spot on to be honest. I started one with Sunderland on 19, and it was the only club I think my trusted tactics failed miserably at.

I tried to get players off the wage bill at Stoke, but the problem was trying to get clubs to pay these players wages. Squad was far too big, and some very mediocre players on stupid wages. 

Experimented by looking at Steam and found a preset tactic with rave reviews, yet I still couldn't buy a win. Gives me some reassurance that it wasn't me. 😂

Aye tbf I felt the same with a Sunderland save 😂

Give it a go with a club that were playing decent IRL before January and it should be better.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye tbf I felt the same with a Sunderland save 😂

Give it a go with a club that were playing decent IRL before January and it should be better.

Carried on with my save after getting sacked by Stoke and just took the Stenny job in February. 4-2 win away at Albion in my first game so here's hoping.

3 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Carried on with my save after getting sacked by Stoke and just took the Stenny job in February. 4-2 win away at Albion in my first game so here's hoping.

Best of luck 👍

6 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Enjoy Ryan Blair until he moves on. He's like a cheat code at that level.

On 31/03/2020 at 20:56, C. Muir said:

Got the title after a 3-1 win over Raith who join me in the Championship after beating QOS in the play offs. Dunfermline won the championship so might give me a chance to get Lang again but Accies are in the division after failing to get promoted back to the top flight so can't see them giving me Cunningham, who hit some form in the last few games for me after me changing formation again.

In other news, there was a big shock in the Scottish Cup as Dundee (who finished 6th in the Championship :lol:) beat Hearts in the final. Celtics 5 trebles in a row quest was ended by Ayr in the 5th round who beat them 2-1 thanks to a double from Rangers loanee Dapo Mebude. Quite amused at the thought of the reaction to that or similar happening in reality.

Going back to this save. I just noticed Dundee's Scottish cup winning manager was Jim Duffy :lol: Been their manager since 2020 and I'm in February 2022 - only realised as I play them next game and he's been mouthing off in the media.

2 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Enjoy Ryan Blair until he moves on. He's like a cheat code at that level.

Yeah, he's outstanding at this level. I always play a DM too, so he's like a dream. He's willing to renew his contract, but I can't get close to matching his demands.

4 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Going back to this save. I just noticed Dundee's Scottish cup winning manager was Jim Duffy :lol: Been their manager since 2020 and I'm in February 2022 - only realised as I play them next game and he's been mouthing off in the media.

Season 21/22, Clyde's first in the Championship since the old First Division in 2008/09, ends in a respectable 7th placed finish. Form was pretty poor second half of the season but I was never in any real relegation dangers. Hopefully kick on next season and push for the top half of the league.

1076041807_results2122.thumb.png.c9d1139579e19eb79f37ca8d2afdffc0.png

4791657_finaltable21-22.png.0f37bf13dd5f738a6039ac546fd11a75.png

Now at the end of August in the new season. A fair turnover of players this summer but delighted with some of the names through the door, particularly Vaughan and Hendry who both wanted under £400 p/w, which I thought were steals. Stansfield is a young striker who was attracting interest from the Premier League but available on loan, chanced my arm and got him. Was at Hearts on loan last season so surprised at both him dropping a level and his club allowing him to drop a level from what he was at last season. I already have more than enough options in the forward areas but he will come straight in to the team likely.

Spoiler

1556442385_insseason4.png.fdad2dde7f931e6fa55b0b07027618c3.png

Departures

Spoiler

202604606_outseason4.png.425ea2164191f7c1b885e2511afc077b.png

582971192_outseason4.1.png.443a9333b73372095c9bec7778a225b4.png

Squad now looks like this. 3 players missing are my 3 goalies (David Mitchell, Jamie Sneddon, PJ Morrison). Yes it is pretty big :lol: but happy with it. Will no doubt be trimmed in January once I have a better idea of who won't be involved as much. No way I can keep a squad that size all happy.

Spoiler

2070481071_squadseason4.thumb.png.bf917e2ecf0f2b497e9fae717a386c66.png

Okay start to the campaign so far

Spoiler

6325949_aug2022.thumb.png.71d9b4e5a3f4b683796205fa77ad74cd.png

Solid start to 2025-26 in Hibsverse, sailed through the Europa league playoff with Astana and have won my first group game 3-0 at home against Besiktas.  Also have Krasnodar and Athletic Bilbao in my group but I reckon I stand a solid chance of progressing.  Picked up Simone Scuffet as an upgrade on Scott Bain in goal while my young Italian striker Davide Martino is flying with 6 goals so far.  Have had to rotate through injuries, especially in midfield where at one point 3 of my 4 first team central midfielders were injured so I had to play Herbie Kane plus an academy lad.  Meanwhile Jim Duncanson, the regen I got from Ross County has been moved to left wing where he has played very well and my academy regen Gary Devine continues to improve on the right flank.  

image.thumb.png.ad1cd96d2424c5070ac3a040d560554c.png

Next up is a trip to bottom side Motherwell

image.png.6844677b90a866e7713f47bc3a73b03e.png

Sadly for Raith fans, their European adventure didn't get them to the group stage after they lost 3-0 on aggregate to Espanyol in the Euro Cup II playoff, they did beat Steaua Bucharest and Olimpija Ljubljana though so a good effort all around.  

Edited by senorsoupe

Started a save with Saints, after simming a year to their (what seems to be inevitable FM20) relegation.

Championship season a bit mental, almost nobody wants to join that's good enough to play once you're promoted.

Lewis MacLeod came in for free, and Aaron Doran arrived for £90k. Louis Moult also arrived on loan. 

My issue? May and Moult are my first choice strikers, but both seemingly injured knee ligaments in the first season (Moult was a deadline day panic buy I hadnt actually scouted properly) and both have absolutely no pace now. Sitting 4th going into October, 4 behind leaders ICT.

Moults debut away to Morton last a minute, sent off for a late lunge. We won the game with a last minute Wotherspoon winner.

May came in to the next game, 1-0 away to Dunfermline after half an hour. Bags an equaliser, then steps up to an 85th minute penalty. Misses.

Wotherspoon scores last minute winner 😂

Still in my Cove Rangers game, I'm having a hard time at figuring out how Brexit impacts the transfers.
I currently recruit only English, Welsh or Scottish players cause I can't afford getting foreign player that wouldn't be able to play.
Yet some club recruit foreign players and manage to have them playing for their side despite not having second nationality.
For instance I spotted a hot prospect from Honduras but didn't dare to sign him for those reasons.

If anyone could give me some explanation on how to make it right, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Had a wee look at the Scotland team a few years down the line. Despite only 21 goals in 94 apps in his career to date, Kieron Bowie has 8 in 4 for Scotland :lol:

Chelsea's Aaron Hickey seems to have sorted years of right back problems too.

I'm playing as Scotland manager just now and I'm 3 years in. Keiron Bowie seems to be my first choice striker. He played a season with Fulham before moving to Everton for 8m. Currently on loan in the championship and banging them in. Probably a great signing on loan for a Scottish team first season or two

Had a wee look at the Scotland team a few years down the line. Despite only 21 goals in 94 apps in his career to date, Kieron Bowie has 8 in 4 for Scotland [emoji38]
Chelsea's Aaron Hickey seems to have sorted years of right back problems too.

1 minute ago, dysartrovers said:

I'm playing as Scotland manager just now and I'm 3 years in. Keiron Bowie seems to be my first choice striker. He played a season with Fulham before moving to Everton for 8m. Currently on loan in the championship and banging them in. Probably a great signing on loan for a Scottish team first season or two

Not quite progressed as much in my game. I'm in Oct 2022 and he's still at Fulham but had spells on loan at MK Dons, Sheff Wed and currently Rotherham (all League 1 sides when he was with them)

Working from home today, and my networks are goosed so no work has been done, but I have almost finished the 2020/21 season with Stenhousemuir. Drew far too many games, but started spanking teams for fun in the final dozen or so games. Sadly too far behind Cove to catch them, but got very close. About to do the playoffs now.

1-1 draw at Stranraer was followed by a 4-1 skelping of them at Ochilview, to make it 24 matches unbeaten.

Peterhead awaited in the final. Thought we'd ****ed it by losing 3-0 at Balmoor, but royally pumped them 5-0 at Ochilview. League One awaits.

Mon the Stenny!