FM 2020

ajwffc

22 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I know I'm not even halfway through my Six Continents game but I just had a thought for a challenge where I win the Scottish League with all previous Scottish League champions (apart from Third Lanark) and I can't get it out of my mind.

That could be interesting, the toughest one would definitely be Dumbarton

FFS

Frederico Ricci, My Italian Jesse Lingard had 0 goals and 0 assists in 27 competitive games.  During the winter break I play 2 friendlies, one against a Bundesliga side and the other against a 2.Bundesliga side (so decent opposition) and the c**t gets 2 goals and 2 assists.  He had better start producing in the second half of the season

What's FM 20 like these days following updates and patches? I opted for 19 when I got my new laptop in January as there were so many complaints about the game engine on 20 but I believe that's changed?
Being honestly I mostly play the touch version out of convenience anyway. Would probably just spend £20 on the touch version alone, rather than £40 for the full version. I've enjoyed 19 to the point where it's given me a taste for the new ones following years in the dark ages of 07, 08, 09 etc. but daft wee things like EL2 I want to experience.
If you search around you will get the full game for about half that. I paid £19.99 for it from cdkeys or something like that not long ago

Been enjoying a save with Sunderland (the Sunderland Til I Die series made me want to see how easy/difficult it was to get them out of the mess). Had a bit of a struggle and was a game or two away from the sack but look like I'll comfortably get promoted to the Championship after a few January signings. I'll probably get bored of it if/when I get to the Premier League.

Was thinking of messing about with the editor to do some league reconstruction in Scotland (thinking 16-12-12-10). Before I start that ball-ache, are there any decent ones on Steam already?

Edited by LiviLion

Back in Hibsverse it's been a very good second half to the season.  Wins over both Old Firm clubs as well as a win in the Derby has put me comfortably in third place with 7-8 games to go.  

image.png.4efdbb59a71001db9019ff4d7daa14af.png

I've also returned to the Quarter Finals of Europa league II, as have my neighbours.  Here is the Semi-Final draw showing a potential route to the final. 

image.thumb.png.e462ce1e3d0b9b18539e67e43ce0e2f5.png

I beat Krasnodar and Konyaspor in the last two knockout rounds so I fancy my chances against Vitesse.  Hearts knocked out Zorya in the last round so they have a decent shout against AZ also.  On the other side of the draw I gotta hope Leicester are beaten, the games over estimation of English clubs mean they are OP.

54 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Been enjoying a save with Sunderland (the Sunderland Til I Die series made me want to see how easy/difficult it was to get them out of the mess). Had a bit of a struggle and was a game or two away from the sack but look like I'll comfortably get promoted to the Championship after a few January signings. I'll probably get bored of it if/when I get to the Premier League.

Was thinking of messing about with the editor to do some league reconstruction in Scotland (thinking 16-12-12-10). Before I start that ball-ache, are there any decent ones on Steam already?

There's always a few good ones on Steam but I find they're often made by foreigners who don't bother sorting out regionalisation. So you end up with Annan in the Highland League or Lerwick Hotspurs in the SoS. Always annoys me but that's a minor grumble.

9 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Theres one been posted on this thread a couple of times

Wondering if anyone has seen a database anywhere with the full pyramid updated to include the new West of Scotland Football League? Been trying to make one in the editor but I cannae figure out the conferences so hoping someone else has made one.

7 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

Wondering if anyone has seen a database anywhere with the full pyramid updated to include the new West of Scotland Football League? Been trying to make one in the editor but I cannae figure out the conferences so hoping someone else has made one.

Do we even knows who's going to be in the WoS league yet, how many teams in total across the setup, and how the divisions will be divided up? I'm sure I read something about 60 odd clubs getting their applications accepted.

Edited by C. Muir

So a 2-0 win at home in the first let was nearly hibsed in the second leg.  We went 3-1 up at Tynecastle but some late goals meant we only won 5-4 on aggregate.

image.png.c1ed61edcd229459be5c32a3799c57fa.png

Unfortunately English clubs are OP so the final didn't go as well as I would hope

image.png.cdb410e70c802805c2c61e5321923174.png

League went well, comfortably in 3rd, meaning Europa League

Kilmarnock mananged to beat Dunfermline in the playoff final

image.png.cc95100d8ff1856d7ceccde09c136226.png

5 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Do we even knows who's going to be in the WoS league yet, how many teams in total across the setup, and how the divisions will be divided up? I'm sure I read something about 60 odd clubs getting their applications accepted.

Conferences are only lasting a year so yer just as well making it up however you wish. But in order to make conferences you would just make four leagues at the same level and zero promotion spots and add the winners of the EoSFL and SoSFL into a six team play off. I can't think of another way to make it so the four conferences play off then THAT winner goes onto a three way play off.

On 16/04/2020 at 08:21, dysartrovers said:

If you search around you will get the full game for about half that. I paid £19.99 for it from cdkeys or something like that not long ago

Gave in and bought FMT for £21 today, then my mate told me he got the full game on Amazon for £20. 😂 

TBH, I prefer Touch anyway. Haven't got the patience for some stuff on the full version, and even going from FMT 19 to 20, I've noticed a lot of improvements. If there was one thing I'd change about Touch, it's the ability to have custom databases like the Scottish expansion.

So, as above, I went for FM20 in the end, and have been playing for a few hours, and I'm struggling a bit. Worst part is, I don't know if it's my tactics, or my team.

I loaded the tactic I use on FM19, which worked a treat most of the time. It's a counter press tactic which led to 15+ shots and 55%+ possession most games, but it's not getting me results. Was trying to think who to start with, and my girlfriend shouted out Stoke randomly, so I thought why not. I know they haven't had the best of seasons so maybe the team are just shite, but maybe my tactic isn't really functional in 20.

Stats wise, I'm dominating some games, but can't score for toffee.

My attempt at changing the Scottish leagues in the editor led to the program crashing with a "severe error"... so I've given up. Looked on the workshop and found a "WINIS" league set up, Wales (inc. Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham), Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland.

Pumps Livi in with a bunch of diddies but that should just mean a pretty straightforward league win for the first season.

Spoiler

?imw=2048&imh=1152&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett