FM 2020

ajwffc

14 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Random things sometimes happen in the FM world

image.png.df1be63f63a9e1d809c4f4f9b838974e.png

In FM19 I discovered Steve Aitken in charge of Fiorentina in around 2030.

Back in Hibsverse, season 2 has not started as well.  Fulham triggered the release clause for my wonderkid Ahmed Magedy, was hoping to replace him with a wonderkid from Motehrwell called Charlie Stewart, offer accepted, contract terms agreed but not completed, only for Tottenham came in on the morning of the transfer deadline day and sign him.  The way of the road Bubbles, the way of the road. 

I ended up having to panic buy a young Romanian named Florin Branet from Steaua Bucharest, also got another left back as it turned out the guy I signed on a free as cover is very bad at defending.  Also Frederico Ricci and Keiran Dowell, bth free transfers have not been very good so far, at least the kid I got from Ross County has scopored some goals, as has Anouar El Mhassani, the winger I got.  

image.thumb.png.7c0f6b50cf137ad214e95bb7ba41a52c.png

On the pitch we are not doing very well, constantly throwing away leads.  In every game but the one we did win, we had the lead and Hibsed it.  Here is the table as of September 20th 2024.

image.png.b068ad5e5b188f80bf15c5971a577399.png

FFS!!!  Two more games where I take the lead only to concede an equalizer, go ahead just before half time against Killie at home only to concede in the second half, then go to Ibrox, take the lead through Stevie Mallan only to concede in second half stoppage time.  5 of my 7 league games have ended 1-1 lol

What's FM 20 like these days following updates and patches? I opted for 19 when I got my new laptop in January as there were so many complaints about the game engine on 20 but I believe that's changed?

Being honestly I mostly play the touch version out of convenience anyway. Would probably just spend £20 on the touch version alone, rather than £40 for the full version. I've enjoyed 19 to the point where it's given me a taste for the new ones following years in the dark ages of 07, 08, 09 etc. but daft wee things like EL2 I want to experience.

On 04/04/2020 at 15:36, Fife Saint said:

Best source for Kit, logos etc? Are they compatible with FM Touch?

What are people finding the best formation, player role setups?

Usually just sortitoutsi, or FM Base will cover you. Not sure about 20, but for 19 the logo packs all worked for Touch. Just put them in the graphics folder.

44 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

What's FM 20 like these days following updates and patches?

All IMO, but before the latest update it was awful. Gameplay was boring and all the players felt the same. All the goals were either set pieces or long shots and it took the fun out it.

Not sure when the update came in as I havent played since January time, but it's better now. Individual players stand out, especially wide players (I have Allan Saint-Maximan on a wing and he genuinely causes chaos on counter attacks with his pace and ability to beat players). Its still not great but it's not so bad that you notice the flaws, if that makes sense.

I think you can still get the demo version so easiest way would be to download that for free. If you enjoy it you should be able to continue the save into the full game, if not then all youve wasted is time.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

All IMO, but before the latest update it was awful. Gameplay was boring and all the players felt the same. All the goals were either set pieces or long shots and it took the fun out it.

Not sure when the update came in as I havent played since January time, but it's better now. Individual players stand out, especially wide players (I have Allan Saint-Maximan on a wing and he genuinely causes chaos on counter attacks with his pace and ability to beat players). Its still not great but it's not so bad that you notice the flaws, if that makes sense.

I think you can still get the demo version so easiest way would be to download that for free. If you enjoy it you should be able to continue the save into the full game, if not then all youve wasted is time.

Perfect might give it a bash later. I've still got a couple of files on 19 which I'd  maybe go back to, but I'd be open to trying out 20. Part of me feels as though it's stupid to fork out for it in April, but then I remember this no ordinary season, and as others said, could this all have an affect on them releasing 21?

Back in Hibsverse my form has been very inconsistent going into the winter break, 1 win 3 draws and a defeat (a 4-1 pasting at Tynecastle, gah) leaves me fifth in the standings.  A lack of a consistent goal scorer has been a problem, however I did give a chance to an 18 year old academy winger named Gary Devine who has been in tremendous form (until he got injured).  Scored on his debut in the Betfred semi-final (which was also his 18th birthday), here is his stats so far

image.png.5113944f9515e1269c5c73171b417102.png

Compare that to the guy I had signed to be my star winger, (and is my biggest wage) Frederico Ricci, posting some very Jesse Lingard-esque stats

image.png.208b7a8e3fe8aca6fcaff490cad7da2a.png

Here is the table

image.png.91724f152689d357705c1f6b88166261.png