FM 2020

ajwffc

On 25/03/2020 at 23:13, C. Muir said:

Had a wee look at the photos on steam, looks decent. Why are Formartine and Leith in the Championship and Albion and Annan in league 1 though?

I have remembered why they are in the leagues they are in now lol

I've only uploaded it in the last week so the pics are from the start of the 3rd season so Annan and Albion must have been relegated 

Decided to take the reigns at Chelsea - just for the free week on Steam to see how far i could take them.
Haven't played in over ten years. Forgot when you go a big club how easy it is to sign any play for any wage - is what it is and just carried on. some of the money in the newest season 2024/2025 is wild. Man City spent £500million - £200mil of that on Porto defender Luis.

First season - won nothing - Liverpool just far too strong.
Second season - Won the league on last day from Liverpool.
Third Season - Won Champions League (after being 4-0 down after 136 minutes of football against Juventus in the semis ???) Liverpool won the League.
4th Season - Won the league
Last season - Won the League & Champions League.

Squad: Youngest 20 - Oldest 30

Andre Onana - Kepa

Reece James (c) Fikayo Tomori, Jean-Clair Todibo, Ethan Ampadu, Ian Maatsen & Stephen Fisher (regen)

Billy Gilmour, Mateo Kovacic, Hamed Traore junior, Dani Olmo, Kai Havertz, Eduardo Camanviga, Hakim Ziyech

Christian Pulisic, Callum Hudson Odoi, Jadon Sancho, Diego Jota, Timo Werner

Play a 4-3-2-1 Christmas tree formation in league and Europe. Cups it reverts to 4-2-3-1.

the wages are killer - I've found after one year new signings look for a massive pay increase. Kai Havertz was the biggest scandal - Signed for £200k p/w - then requested after 9 months for new deal (on a 4 year deal already) to go to£575k and after 5 international apps to go to £650k.

the moral of this long winded pish story - don't go a big club - its boring.

Just lost 1-0 at home to Airdrie to hand them further initiative when a win would've put me top but table still remains tight with a few games to go. Got Cunningham back on loan too on January deadline day but to be honest I've not really needed him and he's been in and out the side. Just got excited when I saw he was available after his contribution last season.

144290334_tableapr2021.thumb.png.ab4e142f6187a30500c8a877a1decc46.png

Edited by C. Muir

Remarkable. Airdrie have absolutely shat the bed and lost 1 and drawn 2 of their last 3 (against 6th, 10th and 9th in the league) leaving it a final day shootout between Raith Rovers and I for the title. I've won my 3 games but needed a last gasp winner at Inverness. Avoid defeat and the title is Clyde's but a Raith win would see them pip me on goal difference. Airdrie are still in with a tiny, tiny shout, but need Raith to beat me coupled with winning their own game by a cricket score.

1803383338_finalgamescenario.png.56004fdc9f3e0773dd7b540819d46225.png

Edited by C. Muir

Got the title after a 3-1 win over Raith who join me in the Championship after beating QOS in the play offs. Dunfermline won the championship so might give me a chance to get Lang again but Accies are in the division after failing to get promoted back to the top flight so can't see them giving me Cunningham, who hit some form in the last few games for me after me changing formation again.

In other news, there was a big shock in the Scottish Cup as Dundee (who finished 6th in the Championship :lol:) beat Hearts in the final. Celtics 5 trebles in a row quest was ended by Ayr in the 5th round who beat them 2-1 thanks to a double from Rangers loanee Dapo Mebude. Quite amused at the thought of the reaction to that or similar happening in reality.

Edited by C. Muir

End of September I'm sitting a fairly respectable 6th in the Championship so far. Good home form is keeping my head above the water, away forms been garbage with 4 defeats from 4 without even scoring.

Highlight of the summer business was Craig Brysons return. He is retiring at the end of the current season so only got him playing for a year but signed as a player/coach so at least will still be at the club when he retires. Managed to get Lang back on loan as predicted after Dunfermlines promotion. Hylton so far looks a decent addition as a strike partner for Goodwillie. Pleased I've managed to keep the best of the squad together too, Lamont being the only one slipping through my fingers after, yes, Dunfermline met his release clause. Some Australian clubs were a bawhair away from meeting McStay's too but managed to get him on a new contract without a release clause this time. A few fringe players were released too (including Love and McNiff which was a hard thing to do!).

823733461_season3inandout.thumb.png.1375e39183b97740079abc1a744b363f.png

142069222_betfredcupseason3.thumb.png.d32df92a4ebcf38d857d796558e32f98.png

1576946494_season3resultstillsep.thumb.png.8f8264009de9b5577b52e56589c5daff.png

Edited by C. Muir

It's 2022-23 and I am still managing Cove Rangers.  We have gotten 2 promotions in 3 years and now find ourselves in the Championship.  Despite still being part time and having the 9th biggest wage bill I have them still in the playoff hunt with 8 to go.  Just beat big spending Dunfermline (largest wage bill and have Barrie Mackay as a backup) 1-0 to stay 5 points clear.  Here is the table, spare a thought for Airdrie who are doing a Brechin.  

image.png.8e0b2c1ddae423124d860c6f6b0f9ed4.png

Despite having a small budget I was still able to recruit a decent mix of veterans and good young players released from Premiership sides, here is my squad, Was hoping Ally Roy would be a good strike option but he turned out to be pretty shite

image.thumb.png.31dfd5a3d3f0c47325f91f5bd96df5c2.png

Got a decent run in, with 5 of 8 games being at home, that Hamilton game could determine whether or not I make the playoffs.  Let's see how we do!

image.png.7101771e6a7fe125b361bab651767eb7.png

Whelp, no Premiership for Cove.  First leg started brightly, 3-1 up at half time but shat it in the second half.  Still only one down going into the second leg but conceded early.  Got an equalizer but my young Right Back, Nathan Patterson who I had gotten from Sevco on a free was sent off and I conceded again

image.png.14200969524732b985e721535576b9b7.png

Cove adventure has run it's course, I have been offered a new adventure, Hibs!  

Here is what I have to work with squad wise.  I'm also getting my first taste of European football as Hibs were fourth last season, lets see how this goes shall we!

image.thumb.png.b37aed1c93c80077db75b982c678f4d9.png

6 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Cove adventure has run it's course, I have been offered a new adventure, Hibs!  

Here is what I have to work with squad wise.  I'm also getting my first taste of European football as Hibs were fourth last season, lets see how this goes shall we!

image.thumb.png.b37aed1c93c80077db75b982c678f4d9.png

Hoping you get rid of the snake Kamberi upfront. 

57 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hoping you get rid of the snake Kamberi upfront. 

Still have him but he's been punted to backup by the 1,1 million signing of this Australian regen from Melbourne City.  So far he has scored twice (both against St. Johnstone) 

image.thumb.png.441c7b9513717ba87cc0a80c4f61cee5.png

Have made a bright start so far, getting into the Group Stage of Europa League II and 2 wins and 2 draws.

image.png.e0430a1fe59bb16c8c30bbb28a7a130e.png

Apart from my Australian regen, my best signing has been James Forrest, even at 32 he's still excellent and Celtic are paying a chunk of his wages!  Also got a couple of other prospects as well as Glenn Middleton on a free to serve as a backup option on the left.  

9 competitive games played going into the first International break

image.thumb.png.49aaf9c235628c401d9877be02bbf4f8.png

Got the Motherwell job in my save after guiding Cowdenbeath to League 1. However, my trial has obviously ran out. I'll need to wait until I get a proper gaming motherboard before I buy the game proper because the laptop I have just now is utter garbage. 

Sometimes this game throws up some crazy results.  This Europa Leauge II thing is going pretty well so far, here is my second group stage result 

image.png.f7f03581d2bf1b2cda8a649a6810fc5c.png

Meanwhile this result was part of a 3 game run that included league wins over Sevco and Aberdeen at home leaving me level on points at the top going into the second International Break.  I also beat Sevco at Ibrox on penalties in the league cup, setting up a Semi-Final against St. Mirren.  

image.png.3fccf172ef58550739ff9d769a9df0c7.png

Edited by senorsoupe

Into January and here's the state of play. I ended up on really good unbeaten run which has been followed up by a really shite winless run. Happy enough with 5th at this stage though and still in the play off hunt.

875264418_oct-janseason3.thumb.png.844040f61c22ccb97f6c4cb292a60fcd.png

378863530_tablejan2022.png.46bad768d11568a31199220b437d177e.png

First signing of the new window has been a popular one due to previous succesful loan spells. They were asking for £300k at the beginning of his season but with his contract running down managed to get him for a very small fraction of that now.

cunningham.png.fb0f38ff97ef8c0db94ae2393f579958.png