FM 2020

ajwffc

On 25/03/2020 at 16:39, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Speaking of delegation... does anyone do training or do you all pap it to the assistant?

I generally take over individual training but that's it

I leave all training (team and individual training to my assistant. That and opposition instructions.

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

First time I’ve played this in about 25 years. Just plumped for a random League 2 team. Went Cowdenbeath. Any tips on signings, loans etc?

At that level loan signings from championship or top end league 1 sides. Have a trawl through the free agents list too.

I tend to go for small lower league clubs in my saves. I'm currently in my 5th season at Ytterhogdals IK in Sweden (joined half way through the 1st season as I started the game as an unemployed ex-Sunday league player) and I'm yet to spend a penny on transfers!

Managed to take them from the 4th tier to the 2nd tier in that time though!

Complete opposite from real life Falkirk got their 3rd win in 3 games against me to widen the gap but since then I've got it down to 6 points and progessed nicely in the cup. Ayr are 2nd in the Championship and Dundee (who I play at home in the quarter final) are 7th so a real chance to reach Hampden without it being Queens Park away in front of 1,000 folk.

jan-feb.thumb.png.a682564530ca6b9ea60562d19c133b93.png

Also signed Andy Geggan from Ayr just at the end of the January window as he was transfer listed with the asking price being £0 :lol:

Ryotaro Meshino is so good in my Aberdeen career. Ripped me apart basically every game I played against Hearts during his season there. Signed him up on loan for my second season and he has been brilliant for me so far. Ryan Hedges has also been great - 15 goals in his first season and now a double on the opening day at Ibrox against the reigning champions to secure a come-from-behind 2-1 victory. 

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Ryotaro Meshino is so good in my Aberdeen career. Ripped me apart basically every game I played against Hearts during his season there. Signed him up on loan for my second season and he has been brilliant for me so far. Ryan Hedges has also been great - 15 goals in his first season and now a double on the opening day at Ibrox against the reigning champions to secure a come-from-behind 2-1 victory. 

I don't think Rangers have won the title in any season in any of my saves since I started playing FM 20 :lol: Celtic just far too good and only get better when they sell the likes of Ajer and Edouard giving them millions to spend on a rebuild.

Edited by C. Muir

1 minute ago, C. Muir said:

I don't think Rangers have won the title in any season since I started playing FM 20 :lol: Celtic just far too good and only get better when they sell the likes of Ajer and Edouard giving them millions to spend on a rebuild.

They have just sold Edouard and Ajer on mine. I managed to beat Celtic 1-0 away in R4 of the Scottish Cup last season, but then somehow conspired to lose 1-0 to Dundee United in the QFs. 

21 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Complete opposite from real life Falkirk got their 3rd win in 3 games against me to widen the gap but since then I've got it down to 6 points and progessed nicely in the cup. Ayr are 2nd in the Championship and Dundee (who I play at home in the quarter final) are 7th so a real chance to reach Hampden without it being Queens Park away in front of 1,000 folk.

jan-feb.thumb.png.a682564530ca6b9ea60562d19c133b93.png

Also signed Andy Geggan from Ayr just at the end of the January window as he was transfer listed with the asking price being £0 :lol:

13 hours ago, C. Muir said:

HAMPDEN BABY

2 ex Dundee Utd players on the scoresheet too, superb

scqf.thumb.png.fd7e0d2eb96ccee5fe4568fcbf99072d.png

Despite the cup heroics recent league form has been poor. Haven't won at home in 3 and suffered 3 defeats to teams all at the wrong end of the table. Another Goodwillie injury taking it's toll it seems. I did win at Falkirk though, who are also in poor form and only won 1 more game than me in their last 7 so the gap is 4 points going into the final 5 games.

feb-mar.thumb.png.078d1f5d85ecb84a75404daacaba8afc.png

1534160305_martable.png.a1ddca56d9a57b60376bdbd34a5cf7c2.png

League form improved but Falkirk ended up winning the league on goal difference. Now a tough 2 legged play off coming up against Raith Rovers (Partick Thistle v Peterhead the other tie). St Johnstone scored an absolute screamer to beat me in the cup game but in truth I never deserved anything as the team created f**k all the full game. Goodwillie has since picked up another knock which rules him out of the play offs so will do very well to get promoted without him.

286246677_aprmay.thumb.png.f2f940dda5ef5618a88cfdbbf81832ae.png

1625183432_finaltable.png.8cc4b8901ddebe0e6fdabe7a16133135.png

Edited by C. Muir

Sadly wasnt to be in the final but still calling it a successful campaign. Lang, Cunningham and Livingstone have been my most consistent players and are all on loan so that's going to be tough to replace. Got a pleasant surprise in my messages about next seasons initial budgets though. My current wage bill is only 7k p/w with a few players leaving at the end of their contracts too so should have a decent amount to splash about in the summer.

1932332162_playofffinal.thumb.png.fd844e0910697786cf593bd26c3a1a7a.png

1199639250_budgetsnextseason.thumb.png.b17d1c45f0b19a79dc74ea6fb890ca13.png

On 25/03/2020 at 23:13, C. Muir said:

Had a wee look at the photos on steam, looks decent. Why are Formartine and Leith in the Championship and Albion and Annan in league 1 though?

All the leagues were done by reputation, maybe made a lil error when doing it lol

I made this back in November so i couldn't honestly tell you what happened 

So I completed my first full season with Cowdenbeath yesterday. What a season I had. Must have only drawn a few games, won a shittone and lost a shittone near the end to nearly throw away the title! I won it on 66 points, with Edinburgh second on 65 and Brechin 3rd on 64! Absolutely mad.

I managed to find a gem of a striker, 16 years old and scored 15 league goals. Fantastic return. Also got a young boy, Maxwell, on loan from Rangers, a left-back. What a beast and he complimented the wingers already with Cowdenbeath. Morrison, again already at Cowden, was fantastic at DM as well. 

Only played two games in to League 1. Humped both times off pre-season favourites Arbroath and Raith Rovers, 3-0 and 4-1 respectively. I totally dominated both games, having around 58% possession and plenty of chances but couldn't take anything. Lost Maxwell and another boy on loan from Hearts, who would more than do a job in League 1, and it shows. My defence is utter gash. Managed to pump Airdrie and Stranraer in the Betfred Cup and narrowly lost to Motherwell when I really should have drawn. That gave me so much hope but I've been hit with a bang in the League. Not letting it get to me; just have to tighten up in defence and maybe ease off on the total attacking football I like to deploy. 

On 28/03/2020 at 19:50, C. Muir said:

Sadly wasnt to be in the final but still calling it a successful campaign. Lang, Cunningham and Livingstone have been my most consistent players and are all on loan so that's going to be tough to replace. Got a pleasant surprise in my messages about next seasons initial budgets though. My current wage bill is only 7k p/w with a few players leaving at the end of their contracts too so should have a decent amount to splash about in the summer.

1932332162_playofffinal.thumb.png.fd844e0910697786cf593bd26c3a1a7a.png

1199639250_budgetsnextseason.thumb.png.b17d1c45f0b19a79dc74ea6fb890ca13.png

I got a 6k wage budget a week with Cowden in League 1! Be a miracle keeping the total gang I have assembled in the League. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

I got a 6k wage budget a week with Cowden in League 1! Be a miracle keeping the total gang I have assembled in the League. 

I got to the Scottish cup semi final so that's helped for me. I'll not have a run like that every season though so not going crazy.

Going into the new year in season 2 I sit 3rd a bit behind Raith and Airdrie. Managed to make it out my betfred group too but got paired with Celtic who beat me with ease. Was a full house though which is nice. Chanced my arm with another loan bid for Lang which got accepted and Livingstone was a free agent so got him snapped up straight away when I seen that. Liam Burt probably won't be here long as he's far too good for the level but at least I should get a few quid for him after him being a free agent. Few other additions to add some depth to the squad after a number of departures.

1800989398_outseason2.png.016ad8eaf6fea2f1d328edb64dda478e.png

1466978468_inseason2.png.a91c4c88f5f9aaf83113069e322d0b36.png

I also signed Mitch Megginson to play on the left wing. Fantastic addition. Also managed to add Gael Bigarimana on a free from Motherwell. Got young boy Otoo from Celtic in the middle who is a great player. Like I say, think it's my poor recruitment for defence that is screwing me this season (so far). 

Thought I'd chance getting Tom Lang as well but The Pars told me to bolt. I really will be stunned if I manage to finish above 9th. Will keep you up to date with my progress. 

Edited by DAFC.

I signed Rhian Brewster on loan from Liverpool in January 2021 for Aberdeen. He has been unbelievable so far - three hat-tricks, including one in a 3-0 victory against league leaders Celtic, and already at over twenty goals. We're only up to the first game of the split now. Praying he stays fit for the Scottish Cup final against Rangers. 

Edited by DrewDon

47 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I also signed Mitch Megginson to play on the left wing. Fantastic addition. Also managed to add Gael Bigarimana on a free from Motherwell. Got young boy Otoo from Celtic in the middle who is a great player. Like I say, think it's my poor recruitment for defence that is screwing me this season (so far). 

Thought I'd chance getting Tom Lang as well but The Pars told me to bolt. I really will be stunned if I manage to finish above 9th. Will keep you up to date with my progress. 

Megginson has been in and out the team for me but scored in consecutive games recently. I've sinced changed my formation from 4231 to a 442 diamond though so currently he's backup to Goodwillie and Syvertsen up front.