FM 2020

ajwffc

On 14/03/2020 at 11:45, pandarilla said:

Lads I'm very much new to this, but i bought fm2020 (touch) and fm2019 (full version).

I've tried quite a lot of teams and i can't get any success at all.

Does anyone have any key tips for me to get a wee bit of basic success for either of these versions?

I used to play fm back in the 90s and then early 00s but it seems it's just got way too hard for me. I'm not sure whether it's the complexity, or whether I'm focusing on less important stuff and ignoring the really good stuff.

Teams I've tried :

Fm2020 touch, spurs, cove rangers, ayr utd, Sunderland

Fm2019, ayr utd,

I just can't get anything working at all.

Liverpool - Gegenpress preset.

If you fail with that then you're cursed.

Worth mentioning it's meant to take 10 games for you to truly judge any tactical changes. Theres no point changing something for one game then completely writing it off. A lot of issues seem to come from changing things too much.

My Leverkusen save almost went well. Took over them near relegation, almost won the league, yet ended up in 7th. Top 8 was split by about 5 points in the end. Main man Kai Havertz refusing to sign a new deal since I'm not in the CL, and his contract expires in the Summer. Have him transfer listed but only getting offers of around £30m up front, and I'd rather just keep him than accept that shite as I'd never replace him for that. Shite state of affairs.

Given the fact I’ll be stuck at home for a few weeks I’ve decided to download this.

Played the last few editions religiously although I didn’t take charge of Ayr in FM19. I’ll be playing pre-February update and punting Jobby early to take the wheel at Somerset.

On 16/03/2020 at 16:01, RandomGuy. said:

Worth mentioning it's meant to take 10 games for you to truly judge any tactical changes. Theres no point changing something for one game then completely writing it off. A lot of issues seem to come from changing things too much.

The only problem I have with this is that a lot of clubs won't give you that sort of time to sort out tactics, they just want results. You could go 10 games with only 1 or 2 wins and need to change tactics, which again takes 10 games to settle in, by which point you could easily have the bullet.

I'm in 2033/34 with my Brighton save, I've won 2 Carabao Cups on the trot now and taken them into Europe each year (and done well), but still when I apply for bigger jobs I'm overlooked. Yet my pal, who has been sat in Scotland with Rangers his entire career gets offered Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal on a regular basis because he "has a track record of winning trophies". I feel the level of achievements should be considered a lot more - taking Brighton to League cup glory and European quarter finals/semis is surely a better achievement than winning league titles in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm in 2033/34 with my Brighton save, I've won 2 Carabao Cups on the trot now and taken them into Europe each year (and done well), but still when I apply for bigger jobs I'm overlooked. Yet my pal, who has been sat in Scotland with Rangers his entire career gets offered Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal on a regular basis because he "has a track record of winning trophies". I feel the level of achievements should be considered a lot more - taking Brighton to League cup glory and European quarter finals/semis is surely a better achievement than winning league titles in Scotland.

Ye say that but I don't see any big clubs going out of their way to lure Sean Dyche any time soon. On ma Six Continents save I purposefully dropped down to a lower level to win some trophies.

On 16/03/2020 at 20:22, Alan Stubbs said:

Trying to decide whether to get this for working from home purposes.

Are half the goals 40 yard worldies like in FM19? It made the last game unplayable for me. 

I played a lot of FM19 and I never had that

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The only problem I have with this is that a lot of clubs won't give you that sort of time to sort out tactics, they just want results. You could go 10 games with only 1 or 2 wins and need to change tactics, which again takes 10 games to settle in, by which point you could easily have the bullet.

Obviously, its difficult if you take over a club mid season but playing lots of friendlies is always a good idea to bed in your tactics.

Just now, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Ye say that but I don't see any big clubs going out of their way to lure Sean Dyche any time soon. On ma Six Continents save I purposefully dropped down to a lower level to win some trophies.

I'm emotionally and physically hurt that you'd compare me to Sean Dyce. I'm much more handsome.

Point taken though, maybe I'll take the PSV job or something and try and piss some titles in Holland.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The 10 game thing is just to truly find out about it, if theres something obviously wrong you change it before then. 

That's what friendlies are for...

Had a pretty good falkirk save going, following @AsimButtHitsASix six continents save I've decided to scrap that and start off unemployed with no coaching badges, applied for numerous jobs over Asia and Africa and the only fellas willing enough to take me were Shanghai Shenxin Football Club, who are struggling financially and predicted to get relegated from the chinese second tier. I seem to have a couple semi decent players but my squads unbalanced.

I've just had a look on wiki and it turns out they dissolved in February 😂.

I'm managing Cove Rangers, season 1 I got promoted, season 2 finished 5th in League One, so far I'm third after 12 games, slow start but switched tactics up and have now won 5 on the trot.  Oh, and this game just happened in my division lol 

image.png.1f5ca2a02e62d2fbee23d94805264f2e.png

I'm managing Cove Rangers, season 1 I got promoted, season 2 finished 5th in League One, so far I'm third after 12 games, slow start but switched tactics up and have now won 5 on the trot.  Oh, and this game just happened in my division lol 
What skin are use using?

14 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Only 81 away fans not good.

Still a fair way off the lowest away support I have seen which is 5 away fans on my Benfica save.

Gil Vicente brought 5 fans to Benfica in the Portuguese Cup.  The stay away travelling fans missed nothing as Vicente lost 3-1.

Liverpool are ridiculously good in my Arsenal save and have an iron death grip on English and European football. They routinely win league games by four or five goals and have a ridiculous goal difference of over 70 in January 2022.

I am embroiled in a title race with them but they have managed to go three points clear of my Arsenal side after beating us 3-0 at Anfield.

They're the only team I've lost to domestically this season as well, as they've beaten me twice.

Title race far from over, but I'd be very surprised if Liverpool drop many points so every game is basically a must-win now.

I've started FM20 Touch with the free period and having a horrendous time. Is there any quick fixes that bring stable outcomes or am i going to have to do the hard work?
I couldn't get going with a decent run either.

I gave up and downloaded fm2019 and I've got a run going now with Sunderland.

On 20/03/2020 at 08:18, Senor Bairn said:

Had a pretty good falkirk save going, following @AsimButtHitsASix six continents save I've decided to scrap that and start off unemployed with no coaching badges, applied for numerous jobs over Asia and Africa and the only fellas willing enough to take me were Shanghai Shenxin Football Club, who are struggling financially and predicted to get relegated from the chinese second tier. I seem to have a couple semi decent players but my squads unbalanced.

I've just had a look on wiki and it turns out they dissolved in February 😂.

After 18 games, 1 win, 2 draws and 15 losses, I was sacked at Shenxin, back to my Falkirk save.

Fairly new to FM and decided to give it a bash to occupy myself for the time being.   Really enjoying it currently, just about to begin my 3rd season with Queen’s Park after narrowly missing out on successive promotions. Got absolutely trounced by Inverness in the play off final, 7-1 on aggregate. Club changed to full time status for the 3rd season so it’s gonna be a big push for the Spl over the next couple years. Alfredo Agyeman and Craig Slater are absolutely bossing it for me with Agyeman scoring 32 goals for me last season, whilst Slater won league 2 player of the year and then followed it up with League 1 player of the year. 
Gets proper addictive to play once you get into it