FM 2020

ajwffc

On 05/03/2020 at 16:39, C. Muir said:

Been a while since I've played this. Going to go Hearts

Abandoned this idea and decided on Salford City. Already got a decent squad both depth and quality wise (few recognisable names in Darron Gibson, Craig Conway, Richie Towell, Rooney and Wilson from Aberdeen) for that level so only signing so far has been goalie Andy Fisher on loan from Blackburn.

Won my first 3 league games 2-1 against Colchester, Forest Green and Carlisle but out the Carabao with a narrow 1-0 defeat to Stoke.

Lads I'm very much new to this, but i bought fm2020 (touch) and fm2019 (full version).

I've tried quite a lot of teams and i can't get any success at all.

Does anyone have any key tips for me to get a wee bit of basic success for either of these versions?

I used to play fm back in the 90s and then early 00s but it seems it's just got way too hard for me. I'm not sure whether it's the complexity, or whether I'm focusing on less important stuff and ignoring the really good stuff.

Teams I've tried :

Fm2020 touch, spurs, cove rangers, ayr utd, Sunderland

Fm2019, ayr utd,

I just can't get anything working at all.

Lads I'm very much new to this, but i bought fm2020 (touch) and fm2019 (full version).

I've tried quite a lot of teams and i can't get any success at all.

Does anyone have any key tips for me to get a wee bit of basic success for either of these versions?

I used to play fm back in the 90s and then early 00s but it seems it's just got way too hard for me. I'm not sure whether it's the complexity, or whether I'm focusing on less important stuff and ignoring the really good stuff.

Teams I've tried :

Fm2020 touch, spurs, cove rangers, ayr utd, Sunderland

Fm2019, ayr utd,

I just can't get anything working at all.
Google fm tactics and download some that you like the look of. You can tweak them but it might give you a good starting point

3 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Got right back in the mood for this and got a couple of saves going with a couple more planned.

Current:

Liverpool and Trabzonspor 

Planned:

Benfica and Rangers.

Rangers only to see how much progress in Europe can be made 

Big team found.

Nah, only joking. I've actually found myself going teams I dislike in FM quite a few times over the years :lol:

3 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Big team found.

Nah, only joking. I've actually found myself going teams I dislike in FM quite a few times over the years :lol:

I am only doing it in the balance of fairness.

I done the same with Celtic a few years ago and got to the CL quarters a few times but no further.

Always the inevitable draw against a Barcelona or Juventus so no chance of progress.

On 15/03/2020 at 01:51, Lyle Lanley said:

Is this worth starting a new save or have the ME bugs been fixed? 

I'm not seeing the same problems we had at the start any more, but it seems others still aren't happy with how the game is playing. I'm currently about 14 seasons deep in my save and thinking about starting again, it really does get a bit shite once all the existing players fade out and it's filled with regens.

On 09/03/2020 at 14:20, Ludo*1 said:

This is the first save I've played without wingers. Couldn't get them to play well consistently. Play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation largely this year.

Same, I'm struggling to get my wingers to play well to the extent that I've decided to just play without wingers.

I've usually alternated between playing either a 532 or a 442 diamond. My first season at Arsenal was nearly Emery levels of bad as I struggled to implement my favoured 4231.

I'm playing a narrow formation which relies on wing backs.

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson is a must have for LB. Relatively inexpensive (loan first season then free transfer). He's a beast. Will join you and be good enough for your squad anywhere from mid-Scottish Championship to high English Championship and still plays for me as I challenge the OF for the title year in, year out.

Really struggling to get any AMC to play consistently well. Persisted with advanced playmaker in a supporting role but will need to change that. Had loads of talent in that role but none pulled it off.

I think the ME is now 'playable' its just boring to watch and not worth spending any time on thinking intensively about tactics as the game doesn't reflect actual thought.

Much better just downloading a 'working' tactic online and then playing the game as a transfer / line-ups manager rather than a tactics manager. Bit rubbish given what the game should be but still works as a time-sink. SI should still die though.

Still need to look out for best new players, give youngsters playing time etc, which is the joy of FM anyway.

I'm in 2030 and St. Johnstone have now won 6 SPLS in a row, and three consecutive domestic trebles. This is the first season when I'm winning every game by 5 or 6 goals though, other than a pesky 0-0 at Killie in the opening game.

In the FA Cup against a Port Vale side boasting ALOT of players who were originally playing in the Scottish leagues. They are a veritable Who's Who of Scottish diddy players.

I am currently 6-0 up after 40 minutes.

Edit: Make that 7-0.

Edited by The Gypsy King