FM 2020

ajwffc

September 2022 and I finally beat Celtic. Was on penalties though, in the Betfred Cup.

They're absolutely insane, and even their second strong can scud me.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

September 2022 and I finally beat Celtic. Was on penalties though, in the Betfred Cup.

They're absolutely insane, and even their second strong can scud me.

Yeah. I got my first win over them recently (in 5th season). Despite me now more or less keeping pace with them over a season, them and Rangers are still giving me a doing on the regular. 

I got a 3-1 against them at Parkhead and I did Rangers 4-1 in Paisley in season two. But apart from that I choke constantly. 

In other news, Motherwell have finally fallen away this season and are struggling in 10th and Aberdeen cut and run on McKenna as they weren't getting their earlier £8m asking price and he was running down his deal, so I managed to get him for 500k at start of 2022/23 which was a steal. Similarly I'm waiting on the same thing happening with Turnbull at Motherwell (they still want 6.5m) but they are not for budging plus he's after a move to England I think. 

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Any updates on those previous striker/penalty issues? I played briefly at the weekend and in a match with Livingston I got 4 penalties and scored 3 of them. Finding FM2020 extremely difficult tbh, can't get any sort of consistency from my teams.

Seems to have ironed out in my Clyde save. In November and only been 4 penalties in games involving me all season. And they looked like pens too, none of this clean get the ball interception that gets penalised.

43 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Seems to have ironed out in my Clyde save. In November and only been 4 penalties in games involving me all season. And they looked like pens too, none of this clean get the ball interception that gets penalised.

Yeah, that's exactly what's happening - slightest of contact and penalty given. Hopefully it'll improve from now on. Still finding the loan market awful as well, clubs wanting full wages paid and even wanting monthly fees for some of them. It's only guys below the level I actually need that I'm capable of loaning in.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Any updates on those previous striker/penalty issues? I played briefly at the weekend and in a match with Livingston I got 4 penalties and scored 3 of them. Finding FM2020 extremely difficult tbh, can't get any sort of consistency from my teams.

Only had about 6 penalties in my hibs save.

32 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yeah, that's exactly what's happening - slightest of contact and penalty given. Hopefully it'll improve from now on. Still finding the loan market awful as well, clubs wanting full wages paid and even wanting monthly fees for some of them. It's only guys below the level I actually need that I'm capable of loaning in.

Found the loan market quite tough in last years too (maybe cause Clyde were in League 2 though!). Found myself signing u23 free agents on non contract terms just to fill my squad.

Just now, C. Muir said:

Found the loan market quite tough in last years too (maybe cause Clyde were in League 2 though!). Found myself signing u23 free agents on non contract terms just to fill my squad.

I found last year that clubs would generally be happy to let youngsters go out for free if it was at a decent enough level for them and it was only the really top youngsters that clubs looked to make money from the move. This year as an example, I tried to get Greg Docherty on loan at Motherwell and they wanted me to pay £8K a week in wages. Madness.

Started a game with Everton. Didn't realise just how old of a squad they have. Plan on revamping them over a couple of seasons. Overspent in my first transfer window to bring the age of the squad down and try and add some talent for the future.

Signed:

Odsonne Edouard  (£11million)
Filip Benkovic (£14.5million)
Sandro Tonali (£20million)
Pontus Dahlberg (Loan) - Back-up keeper.

Also agreed a deal for Kaio Jorge (£7million) & Victor Tsygankov (£17.5million) to join in January.

Sold:

Theo Walcott (£13million)
Oumar Niasse (£4.8million)
Cenk Tosun (£13.5million)
Gylfi Sigurdsson (£35million)
Jonas Lossl (£5million)
Maarten Steklenburg (875k)

Got a whole host of duds that are out on loan at the start of the game that I'll hopefully be able to make a tidy profit on such as Yannick Bolasie, Sandro (Who might make his way into my plans), Cuco Martina, Mo Besic, Luke Garbutt and others.

image.thumb.png.529cd3fb5020125295f9fb40ba8679b0.png

Results haven't been the best. Very inconsistent, but still in the mix for a best of the rest finish.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

They are still there. There's not been an update for about 2 weeks and AFAIK, the developers are acknowledging they are looking at it.

Think it's very dependent on tactics with regards to the number of penalties but no tactic should be broken enough to get to the stage where 3-6 penalties a game is commonplace.

Everyone has gone nuts in 2022/23. Celtic spent £6.5m on Allan Campbell, and Motherwell are spending that money around the league. Rangers signed Da Graca from Juve and hes obliterating the league, Celtic have Maupay who's doing the exact same.

I dont think I spent a fee this Summer, and biggest offer for a non transfer listed player was £50k from Rangers for Ali McCann, 6 hours from the deadline.

Finished my first season as Saints in 4th place with an interesting goal difference😆. Managed to build a decent squad on the back of selling a couple of players and a decent windfall form the Lewis Morgan sale to Southampton via Celtic. Mallan is incredible, i've still no idea how i managed to get a hold of him. 2k a week aswell!

Shoutout to Danny Mullen too who is somewhat of a goal machine for me.

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 19.45.03.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 19.44.52.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 19.44.28.png

Edited by Spam_Valley