FM 2020

ajwffc

Seeing that SI are now reviewing the issues surrounding underperforming strikers which appears to essentially be down to a lack of movement, coupled with wingers/fullbacks who hit the by line and shoot from stupid angles instead of crossing.

Keeping my main save on hold for a few days until match engine issues are fixed.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Seeing that SI are now reviewing the issues surrounding underperforming strikers which appears to essentially be down to a lack of movement, coupled with wingers/fullbacks who hit the by line and shoot from stupid angles instead of crossing.

Keeping my main save on hold for a few days until match engine issues are fixed.

Wasnt some of the big changes this year more intelligent player movement and better decision making?

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah struggling with this a bit as well. Striker hasn't scored for 5 games and only makes about 5 passes a game so is barely getting a touch of the ball. Think the ME is actually alright though.

Judging by what I'm reading here I was wise to hold off on buying this for a few weeks. I'm also enjoying my FM2019 save where I started at Sunderland and went to Lazio, it's 2021 and I signed Martin Odegaard, Davide Zappacosta, and Edinson Cavani on free transfers as well as picking up Sandro Tonali, Luke Shaw, and a surprisingly good for Serie A level Jarrod Bowen

43 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Yeah struggling with this a bit as well. Striker hasn't scored for 5 games and only makes about 5 passes a game so is barely getting a touch of the ball. Think the ME is actually alright though.

Overall its not too bad the match engine but this is quite a poor one. It's not quite game breaking but it is highly frustrating that you know every time the ball comes into the box via a wide player, it's going to be a dig regardless of where from. 

On 15/11/2019 at 15:38, RandomGuy. said:
Spoiler

Season 2 ended with a 6th placed finish. Celtic ended up fucking miles ahead of everyone, then Hearts, Rangers and Aberdeen in their wee group. I sort of stayed in touch with Motherwell but they absolutely fucking humped me after the split (Turnbull double and Long (fake shock)).

Spunking my Drey Wright money all over the shop. Lewis Strapp was signed for £30k in January to provide cover for Tanser as Booth was out my thoughts. Tanser then got injured for 7 months in February. 

Summer window was a busy one. Parish, Booth, and Liam Craig all left at their contracts end. Craig has returned as U18 manager. Murray Davidson joined Falkirk for £40k, and Ross Callachan joined QPR for £40k.

In came Scott Fox on a free as back up. Brian Easton returns for £30k, provides cover as a CB and covers LB while Tanser is injured. Nicky Devlin signed for £60k to, finally, give me a RB who isnt on loan from Celtic, got a quality young RB coming through who's about ready, but he'll be gone soon I fear, his agent is already playing up. Midfield saw Gary Dicker come in for nothing and a tiny wage. Finally gives me DM back up and can play centrally too. Scott Martin signed from Hamilton for £130k, in game hes incredibly all round and I love a CM who just bustles about, so his physicals make it worth it. Alan Forrest also joined for £100k from Sampdoria, he'd been dreadful on loan at United the previous season so his value dipped, worth a gamble to compete with Kennedy, Williams and O'Halloran. 

Squad looks alright for another top half push I think. Two players for every position which is the dream...

Reveal hidden contents

GK - Clark/Fox

RB - Devlin/Bollan (regen)

CB - Kerr/Alfie Jones/Gordon/Easton

LB - Tanser/Strapp

DM - Jamie Bowden/Gary Dicker

RM - George Williams/Michael O'Halloran 

CM - Jason Holt/Ali McCann/Scott Martin/David Wotherspoon 

LM - Matty Kennedy/Alan Forrest

ST - Lyndon Dykes/Stevie May/Callum Hendry

Season 3 started alright. 12 points after 11 games. 7 clear of 11th, but 6 off 6th. 

My signings have been a bit of a disaster really. Nicky Devlin has been awful, and I've chucked in my 18yo wonderkid instead already. Scott Martin can barely get a game either and is awful whenever he does, while Gary Dickers physical have absolutely bombed after an injury so hes virtually useless unless hes just camped in midfield. Brian Easton has been the best, solid enough whenever hes put in the team, while Alan Forrest has 4 goals from 11 games, but two were penalties. 

Neither Dykes or May are looking like hitting the double figures theyve both managed for me previously. Should be fine from relegation as the bottom two sides are woeful, but wont be higher than 8th.

On 20/11/2019 at 14:09, lowenan said:

How far down does the Scottish non league system go?

You maybe know, but this is the guy who usually mods the Scottish pyramid into the game...

Be worth keeping an eye on his twitter to see what stage hes at with it.

On 22/11/2019 at 11:42, djchapsticks said:

Is this definitely being looked at? Have yet to start a game and am quite happy to hold off for a few more days until this is sorted.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Is this definitely being looked at? Have yet to start a game and am quite happy to hold off for a few more days until this is sorted.

Yeah, they've tagged it as under review in the bugs forum and one of the Dev team have said they are now very aware of it.

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Not surprised. Between Tait and Chris Long they are almost unbeatable. Long has broken 15+ goals every season I’ve seen at a canter.

Long is valued at £10m in my save :lol:

Starting to get a bit fed up of the sheer number of sendings off in this game. Even when I've set the instructions to "Stay On Feet", I'll end up with around 10 red cards a season from two footed lunges about 25 minutes into the game.

Even from players like Meshino, who I doubt has ever tackled anycunt in his life.

The penalties and rate at which they are missed both continue to be ridiculous. Any tackle in the box, regardless of if the ball is won or not, results in a penalty.

6 in the one game, here, 50% conversion rate.

image.png.74c504068b43f9283a7a36a15bbba099.png

We've been awarded 22 penalties in 28 games so far this season.

image.png

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

The penalties and rate at which they are missed both continue to be ridiculous. Any tackle in the box, regardless of if the ball is won or not, results in a penalty.

6 in the one game, here, 50% conversion rate.

image.png.74c504068b43f9283a7a36a15bbba099.png

We've been awarded 22 penalties in 28 games so far this season.

image.png

And only 5 matches later - the 4 games in between Ross county and Hibs also featured 3 penalties.

image.png.0a0d32bc36bee9bafdd3dfc59f8212de.png

Absolutely nonsensical.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

And only 5 matches later - the 4 games in between Ross county and Hibs also featured 3 penalties.

image.png.0a0d32bc36bee9bafdd3dfc59f8212de.png

Absolutely nonsensical.

Id be reporting that as a bug, they claimed they'd sorted it in the last patch.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Id be reporting that as a bug, they claimed they'd sorted it in the last patch.

I have done on their forums. Someone had already reported it a couple of days ago and they asked for further updates if this is happening in Scottish leagues, so I've added this and uploaded a save of the County match for them to look at.

Thing is, most of them are absolutely clean tackles resulting in penalties.