FM 2020

ajwffc

3 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Is it tomorrow the full game is out?

3 hours ago, TavTastic said:

Midnight tonight

Worth noting it can sometimes be released earlier (now I've said that, it wont be).

Apologies to @RandomGuy. here.

In amongst a load of Saints tweaks I had discussed with him, as an oversight on my part I didn't update Zander Clark's contract.

I also hold my hands up for not including the updated work from my Hamilton researcher.

Lots of edits with a short deadline and both are administrative cock-ups from me.

11 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

In amongst a load of Saints tweaks I had discussed with him, as an oversight on my part I didn't update Zander Clark's contract.

I also hold my hands up for not including the updated work from my Hamilton researcher.

Lots of edits with a short deadline and both are administrative cock-ups from me.

I see the real life SPFL fixtures aren't in the full game? 

9 hours ago, SGMilne said:

I wouldnt worry, it's a massive job you take on, and Clark is willing to accept a new deal from the very start anyway 👍 the rest seems spot on. 

I'd hold off on any long term saves just now, fwiw. The "Determination", "Consistency" and "Important matches" attributes are all defaulted to "1" if it's not been set to a number in the database. 

Phil Foden the biggest player affected, but the vast majority of younger players in Scotland, maybe even lower league players, will also be hit with this. Means they'll struggle to ever develop, and also struggle to ever hit form. It also seems to affect refs who havent had numbers set, as theres a huge amount of penalties getting awarded.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd hold off on any long term saves just now, fwiw. The "Determination", "Consistency" and "Important matches" attributes are all defaulted to "1" if it's not been set to a number in the database. 

Phil Foden the biggest player affected, but the vast majority of younger players in Scotland, maybe even lower league players, will also be hit with this. Means they'll struggle to ever develop, and also struggle to ever hit form. It also seems to affect refs who havent had numbers set, as theres a huge amount of penalties getting awarded.

Has this been reported to SI?

5 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

Has this been reported to SI?

Yeah, on the forums they say theyve found the issue and are in the process of fixing it, but no timeframes given. 

I think the same issue is affecting refs, who give a huge amount of penalties for not very much.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jesus that's a pretty big bug.

32 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Jesus that's a pretty big bug.

Regens aren't affected, for whatever reason, so it's not completely game breaking, but long term saves could be affected pretty badly. Not sure anyone really knows yet.

People absolutely losing their shit over it on both reddit and the official forums.  Tears and snotters everywhere.  It's been a while since we've had a good old meltdown.

They've acknowledged it, and they'll likely fix it, probably as soon as they have a fix that's reliable enough. 

1 hour ago, forameus said:

People absolutely losing their shit over it on both reddit and the official forums.  Tears and snotters everywhere.  It's been a while since we've had a good old meltdown.

They've acknowledged it, and they'll likely fix it, probably as soon as they have a fix that's reliable enough. 

Tbf theyve been getting reports, and save files, about it for the past fortnight and it's still not been resolved for the release.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf theyve been getting reports, and save files, about it for the past fortnight and it's still not been resolved for the release.

as soon as they have a fix that's reliable enough. 

Comes under that.  The simplest thing isn't always the simplest fix.  And the fact that it is taking them so long to fix, particularly in a very sensitive time, points to it being pretty awkward.  They could probably have chucked a fix out earlier, but if it made things much worse then it's...well, much worse.  I get that it's annoying for people, but it is what it is.  It doesn't really suit SI to have something like this in the game, and it seems they're feverishly trying to fix it today per their posts on the official site.  I've been where they are, fixing things that have far more impact than a game being a bit shit, and it's utterly miserable.  So it gets to me to see people on the official site throw out all kinds of unfounded pish from a position of ignorance.

It's a shite situation, and it shouldn't have happened, but it did.  They'll fix it.