FM 2020

ajwffc

Anyone else noticed that strikers will always, without fail, miss a one-on-one chance? 

Not just my forwards, but every single match I'll play will have one chance where a striker is clean through on goal and he'll always miss. Might just be my game, right enough.

Yeah. Strikers are very poor one on one. 

Other things I've noticed. 

Motherwell are absolutely brilliant. They are currently sitting in 2nd in the league in season two and I'm tucked behind them with Rangers. 

Celtic spent about 100m in pre season and have absolutely mauled everyone so far. Enner Valencia and Nathaniel Clyne are their big signings. 

Stevie Mallan is also an absolute Machine. Hibs are routinely kicking out £10m bids for him. 

1 hour ago, Eckauskas said:

Anyone else noticed that strikers will always, without fail, miss a one-on-one chance? 

Not just my forwards, but every single match I'll play will have one chance where a striker is clean through on goal and he'll always miss. Might just be my game, right enough.

This was noted as a bug and have been fixed, a bit. I've seen two or three over the course of ~10 games. Maybe four or five missed ones though.

Finished my first season a respectable 8th.

Celtic won the league although Rangers ran it close and took it to the second last game both were well ahead of anyone else, then like others Motherwell were ridiculous ran away with third.

Livingston were relegated by game 1 of the split and St Mirren battered Arbroath fs 7-1 in the play offs.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This was noted as a bug and have been fixed, a bit. I've seen two or three over the course of ~10 games. Maybe four or five missed ones though.

Hopefully they do a bit more with it, because I'm still seeing it.

Was the speed issue fixed for the actual game or is it still as bad as folks were saying about the beta?
I like big databases, so I'll stick to 2019 if it means a new laptop.

Still shocking for me. They are just burying their heads under the sand on SI forums about it.

1 fix they did offer of deleting the preferences folder got it a little bit faster.

On 02/11/2019 at 07:58, SGMilne said:

If there are any other data issues that have been spotted, I have a limited window to fix them so please let me know.

Brian Kerr is still Thistle assistant manager on my save, he was punted along with Caldwell. Scally and Archibald are now both assistant managers.

Started out at Man United just to see if I can get used to the game. Finished 6th there. 1 point behind 5th and 4 points behind 4th. Sacked in the summer, fair enough.

Then got my next break, also in the Premier League at recently promoted Nottingham Forest. Team was utter shite and they didn't put me in charge until after the summer transfer window closed so it was always going to be an impossible task. Sacked in about March after being bottom for most of the season. 

Sat out until the summer to see what would come up. I've now taken on the task of trying to get Ipswich Town out of League One. I fear if I make an arse of this, my save will be over as no club will touch me 😂.

I haven't played FM in about 4 years now!

But seeing the success @RandomGuy. is having makes me think its easier this year! Only kidding, but I can't imagine getting back into this and doing careers and stories that last for year after year. Albeit I did have some good ideas for a few if I was going to buy it this year. 

On 16/11/2019 at 22:59, oneteaminglasgow said:

So I've just holidayed through the first season to have a go at the youth academy challenge, and this has happened...

wt3KdMQ.png

Arbroath won the Championship in my first season.

Dick Campbell promptly retired and was replaced by Ian McCall.