FM 2020

ajwffc

8 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Won't be getting this until the Stadia pack is confirmed price-wise. 

Sounds like (except for Chapsticks) the usual starting problem of the team having 0 chemistry and trying to play a thousand friendly matches before the campaign starts to try improve the teamwork and tactics scores? 

Yeah, to be fair, I ended up with a pretty nifty tactic in FM19. Now usually it doesn't transfer over just so smoothly but I've done so to try it and it's worked pretty well.

Managed to scrabble some money via getting new contracts for back up players on lower deals, getting young players loaned out with contributions and persuading St Mirren to loan Callachan (not sure why I extended his deal tbh, made sense at the time) and pay all his wages.

Why did I do all this?

Lyndon Dykes fell out with Tommy Wright, who's now Livingston manager, and was transfer listed. Signed him for a monumental £1k fee, £850 a week wages.

Just glorious. He now plays the opening hour, smashing into c***s, then May hobbles on for the final 30 minutes to take advantage. Since he joined just before deadline day, 4 games, 3 wins and a draw, 8 goals scored in that time.

Delightful.

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

How are you consistently so shite at this game?

655310132_LadbrokesPremiership_Stages.thumb.png.634e0d2adc519a1cde888fb6a27c4709.png

Was away to respond about how great I'm currently doing, then I realised how pathetic it would be to be gloating about being 6th after 9 games :lol:

Celtic, btw, are fucking mental. Think they've won around 3 games by over 5 goals. I played them on opening day and lost 2-0 with just 2 shots on target, as it turns out thats almost the best any team has done against them. They sold Edouard for over £20m and spent a combined £55m this Summer...

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 hours ago, TavTastic said:

Managed to sign Stuart Armstrong on loan for Rangers :lol: £20k p/w wages ain't bad - just an extra £10k after terminating Andy King's loan.

Thinking Real Sociedad for when the full game comes out. Never really did Spain before.

Aye transfers are a bit off just now, should be patched for release day. You can get Hickey from Hearts for £80k if you're smart enough.

There doesn't seem to be any way to extend the loan of a player who has signed a PCA. For example, I've signed Ross Munro to join at the end of the season on a free; he was on loan at us for the first part of the season - but it's now January and he's due to return to Ross County and I can't offer to extend the loan, it just comes up saying he's already agreed a contract.

Seriously, anyone who is playing as a Premiership team outwith the Old Firm get this boy on a year's loan in season one. He's only valued at about 500k at start of the game and Norwich don't want a fee, just his wages of £2k per week.

I love FM for just spending ages poring over players I've legit never heard of and giving them a shot. I don't even know if this boy is rated in real life.

Check how much that value has risen after 16 games and a call up.  Look at those stats.

image.thumb.png.3baa987d483399f48633e8c4582b496e.png

Edited by djchapsticks

50 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Is there anyone to report to RE: Vaclav Hladky's stats? I think they're pretty low for one of the best goalies in our league..

His kicking and passing as a 12 is hilarious. He's the best in our team with the ball at his feet.

Reflexes should be better than 13 as well but not much else to argue in there in terms of goalkeeping stats.

His mentals are ridiculously low, though.

image.png.a2406a7c3e9190fc36788a8d771f4de1.png

Finished 2nd in my first season at Hearts and won the Scottish Cup.

I managed to win every game against Celtic in all competitions and appear to have struck gold since changing to a 541 with wingbacks and inverted wingers. It's a shame I didn't switch to that tactic sooner, as I could have had a proper tilt at the title.

Alan Forrest was my top scorer with 20 league goals and was the highest scoring Scotsman in the Premiership. He still missed out on Steve Clarke's squad for the Euros.

I managed to get 10million for Hickey in January and am trying to gradually replace the older members of the squad such as Berra, Whelan and Naismith. Those three have at least another good season in them though, and are still good options to have if I want to do well in the Europa League and challenge for the domestic trophies.

Is Chris Long of Motherwell a monster striker for anyone else? Top scored in season one, and had 16 by the winter break in season two. I've no idea how to stop him.

Celtics GD by the winter break is +57, only one loss and one draw so far, they are absolutely obscene.

I got my Brexit too. For work permits foreign players have to earn at least £8k a week, and U23 players have to earn at least £3k a week.

My top earner is £2.7k a week, and its projected my budget will drop, so I'm literally unable to sign any non British players.

23 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

His kicking and passing as a 12 is hilarious. He's the best in our team with the ball at his feet.

Reflexes should be better than 13 as well but not much else to argue in there in terms of goalkeeping stats.

His mentals are ridiculously low, though.

image.png.a2406a7c3e9190fc36788a8d771f4de1.png

Yeah his kicking, passing and reflexes need to be higher.

his mental are laughable.

needs fixed before full release imo

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Chris Long of Motherwell a monster striker for anyone else? Top scored in season one, and had 16 by the winter break in season two. I've no idea how to stop him.

Celtics GD by the winter break is +57, only one loss and one draw so far, they are absolutely obscene.

I got my Brexit too. For work permits foreign players have to earn at least £8k a week, and U23 players have to earn at least £3k a week.

My top earner is £2.7k a week, and its projected my budget will drop, so I'm literally unable to sign any non British players.

This was my Brexit as well. It's a pain in the hole that this is a thing as in Scottish terms, it is limiting you to other Scottish and Irish players mainly as most players in England lower leagues want stupid wages.

Isn't happening until December 2020 though so I'll be stockpiling foreign players in the summer window. I somehow managed to sign Allan from Liverpool on a PCA for St. Mirren. Feck knows how I pulled that one off. 

Also signed Efe Ambrose for shits and giggles. 

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

Yeah his kicking, passing and reflexes need to be higher.

his mental are laughable.

needs fixed before full release imo

Attributes cant go up without some coming down. From the looks of things hes almost identical to Zander Clark, think Clark has better kicking and communication, Hladky far better at one on ones and better positioning, in terms of key attributes. Hladky also gets points taken up by being far better at Passing.

It looks like, points wise, hes rated as better than Clark. In terms of starting keepers, I think only Forster, McGregor and Lewis start off better. Are you expecting him to be better than that?

Be worth checking his CA once the Editor comes out, but I'd be surprised if he wasnt fairly high up.

FWIW in my save he left you on a PCA, hes now at Blackburn in the Championship, and has conceded 34 goals in 30 games. I dont think he needs boosted 😂

Edited by RandomGuy.

Irritating that I have achieved a top six finish in season 1 as St. Mirren and the board straight away change my performance from an A+ (avoid relegation) to a C- (top six finish).

Surely that's a bug that current season objectives are being changed mid season before the campaign is over.

Season 2 going well, in a 3 way battle for 6th. Dykes and May causing issues and I've found a great mix in midfield.

Lost Drey Wright on January deadline day, got £1.7m from Birmingham. Hadnt planned it so didnt have a replacement planned, gambled on former Saint George William's for £250k.

5 games, 5 goals, 3 assists...

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Spam_Valley said:

No. But i am expecting his starting attributes to be relative to the player in 'real life' and i don't think they're correct.

But that's my point, in relation to the league his overall ability is right. If you're wanting certain specific attributes higher, then others will have to be lowered.

Is there any word on a release date on Stadia? Im sure I read it was due to be one of the launch titles but then the release date announcements for FM said Stadia TBC. 
Pretty sure that unless you've pre-ordered you wont get access until next year anyway
19th of November is the release date for Stadia with FM still one of the launch titles.