Weddings

Got married in 2018 and was surprisingly not really nervous at all. As others say, groom speech is pretty easy and you just have to be complimentary.

However, I'm Best Man at mate's wedding next month. Definitely feel more pressure to be funny. Think will mainly be slagging off the groom and his Mum....

9 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Got married in 2018 and was surprisingly not really nervous at all. As others say, groom speech is pretty easy and you just have to be complimentary.

However, I'm Best Man at mate's wedding next month. Definitely feel more pressure to be funny. Think will mainly be slagging off the groom and his Mum....

I’ve got a best man speech coming up in a few months too. I don’t have a bloody clue what to say in it.

17 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’ve got a best man speech coming up in a few months too. I don’t have a bloody clue what to say in it.

I’ve been reliably informed that the best man speech should last only as long as it takes the groom to make love. Wouldn’t it be terrible if I sat down now

I can see a few of the groom’s work colleagues here today and I’ve been told that they all think he’s a God at work. He’s rarely seen and if he does any work it’s a miracle 

I prepared a few lines earlier. Unfortunately xxxxx snorted them all.

I got married for the second time last summer and these were some of the jokes my son used in his best man speech. The lines joke went down the best and had folk in hysterics. It was aimed at my daughter / his sister. Even she was in hysterics at it. 

On 08/05/2022 at 12:04, A96 said:

Tip for any bloke having to make a speech at the wedding......... Do not , under any circumstances (and even if the bridesmaid is an absolute munter , straight out of the Horrific Nightclub Photos thread) do this Brucie expression after saying how lovely the bridesmaid looks.

I’m best man at a wedding in July. Both bridesmaids are men. Gonna be some first dance.

I wonder who'll be best man at Levi Bellfield's wedding?

Coincidentally I was watching an Amazon Prime series “The World’s Most Evil Killers” and last night was about Bellfield.

On 12/05/2022 at 19:41, mathematics said:

I’m best man at a wedding in July. Both bridesmaids are men. Gonna be some first dance.

Gay Gordons ?

Edited by A96

36 minutes ago, HK Hibee said:

Being asked to be best man and give a speech is very much like being asked to make love to the queen….it is undoubtedly a great honour but it’s not something you are looking forward to

4bnpqwyl5oq51.png