Weddings

8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

If they are going to weigh in and pay for the wedding I'd be letting them  choose everything down to the colour of the bride's undies! 

Seriously though, It's just a day, a nice suit,  a nice meal, a few hymns, a beer or two and it's over.   

Pish. Both our sets of parents threw us a decent amount of money before our wedding and not only did they have no input, they didn't even make a whisper of wanting any.

It's your day, not anyone else's. It's maybe a big day for your parents too, seeing their kids getting married but f**k running your wedding for other people. They've had their day.

And nae hymns!

Edited by Rugster

19 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Pish. Both our sets of parents threw us a decent amount of money before our wedding and not only did they have no input, they didn't even make a whisper of wanting any.

It's your day, not anyone else's. It's maybe a big day for your parents too, seeing their kids getting married but f**k running your wedding for other people. They've had their day.

And nae hymns!

Pish. 

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Can't agree, I'd be genuinely annoyed if they started insisting on things - I won't ever ask them for money so if they want to put towards it that's their choice.

Agree, f**k the hymns but agree with the rest.

I suppose I was talking from my experience where both sets of parents  paid for everything and didn't have any particular demands so it was a win-win for me.  If they had been different, i might have a different idea. 

I've only ever been to one wedding in my life, and I was 15 at the time. I'm 25 and have been to dozens of funerals, though. Is that an indictment of the type of person I am? 

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

I've only ever been to one wedding in my life, and I was 15 at the time. I'm 25 and have been to dozens of funerals, though. Is that an indictment of the type of person I am? 

Probably means nobody likes you since you can got to funerals without invites, but not weddings.

16 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Probably means nobody likes you since you can got to funerals without invites, but not weddings.

A wedding in a church is a public event, hence the if anyone objects etc.

The reception is private obviously

17 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

2 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

A wedding in a church is a public event, hence the if anyone objects etc.

The reception is private obviously

Well, yes, that's why people who get married in churches are idiots.

Just now, Rugster said:

Well, yes, that's why people who get married in churches are idiots.

true but plenty people do it, I might start going to random weddings hoping to latch on and get some free scran, certinaly beats the sausage rolls served at funerals.

4 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

true but plenty people do it, I might start going to random weddings hoping to latch on and get some free scran, certinaly beats the sausage rolls served at funerals.

Image result for wedding crashers gif

Edited by Rugster

27 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Oh, no, I should've added to save confusion, I have been invited to plenty. 

Getting married in Hungary June 2020. Will be grateful for anyone that ends up coming (NOT a PnB open invite!) so don't want gifts or anything.

Also her mum insists we invite her cousins etc. f**k that, I'm not even inviting most of my own family.
One awkward bit though is inviting one of my half brothers but not the other. I have no ill feeling but he never reaches out see how I am. Ever, for like years. So no invite.