Cove Rangers v Queen's Park

I can only see a home win here , I imagine Cove will be tough to beat at home this season but Queen's Park look improved side this season , its the away form on interested to see from Cove , it's a lot of travelling up And down , fine margins between  most sides in this division 

Spoiler

I’d like Queens Park to win . Don’t like the feeling of a side just coming up to the league and running away with it lol . Think it will be tough for teams to stop them scoring tho but they do like a team still in progress at the back . Will be interesting game if Queens Park have the confidence with the ball 

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

It took them 3 seasons to win the 3rd Division -  our record was won 4, drawn 4, lost 4

Treated the Auld Da to him being the MotM sponsor for the 3-2 win at Hampden. Had a blether with Billy Stark that day up in the lounge, just agreed his terms. MotM was a big laddie at the back, Reilly was his name. Wonder what happened to him.

I could be steaming, and I definitely am as I started drinking on the 7:41 from Queen Street, but I don't think that QP deserved that. Cove played the conditions well and we sat back and let them do what they want. QP were poor today but I wasn't overly impressed with Cove, first goal was a shiter but they took the other two well. At Hampden I think we could take them. 

Great away day though, plenty of pinting locations and the fanzone is a good area too. Beer garden isn't ready yet but when it is it has great potential. 

Convincing 3-0 win today in blustery conditions. Thought Fyvie was great in the middle of the park and finished his goal really well. Masson worked hard and put in another good performance.

Queens Park fans were in good voice. Loudest away fans yet. 

Be interesting to see how we go in the cup next week.

I’d like to see Thompson and Clark in the team for the next game. Clark was fantastic in the cup and was unfortunate to lose his place because he was injured for the first league game. 

Would be tempted to maybe look in the loan market for a striker, we need to be more ruthless in front of goal 

Think we need any further additions to the squad ?

65% possession from Cove. Can't recall anything close to that before. We huffed and puffed and every one was willing but countless poor short passes and the wind lottery meant we gave away possession far too much. Rangers toiled with the wind too in the second but our high pressing start, which was working, wasn't sustained and all but disappeared after the second goal.

Both wing pairings were dysfunctional again and we were outmuscled all over the park in all positions bar defence. It's deja vu for Mark but Cove had the strength but much more guile than any of last year's top four. First goal was fluky but it was in the right area to be lucky. Second and third both fast and direct with great finishes. Better team won. We're definitely going to struggle unless someone turns up for goalscorer.

No such concerns for the singing section though. What appeared to be an oversized bus shelter in fact turned out to be a loudhailer. Almost as good as TNS.

MotM: Jamieson