Cove Rangers v Queen's Park

good reports on here about the QP fans participation, how many were up? also dons at home will have affected attendance...the cowden anti-cove feelings are really tiresome, what are your criteria for a 'welcome addition to the spfl'?  the pyramid gives well managed, well funded and ambitious teams a chance to break through (if they want it) what are you afraid of?

48 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Your kidding

the ground is horrible, just a flat piece of ground plastered in Hoardings.

if you actually want to see the game, you can pay £2 to sit in the stand with a large group of alcohol fuelled corporates with no clue about football.

i see the crowd was 200 down on when we played them which is strange.

They will win the league as well financed but a welcome addition to the spfl, ? Not for me.

I'm not saying they are a perfect club, but give me choice between watching a game at Central Park or Cove then I'd rather go to go Cove.

3 hours ago, marello said:

the cowden anti-cove feelings are really tiresome, what are your criteria for a 'welcome addition to the spfl'?  the pyramid gives well managed, well funded and ambitious teams a chance to break through (if they want it) what are you afraid of?

They are gutted that almost every club would've rather seen them go at our expense and are struggling to get over that.  

2 hours ago, JT1867 said:

I'm not saying they are a perfect club, but give me choice between watching a game at Central Park or Cove then I'd rather go to go Cove.

Been a bit of a journey for them. Had a wee rummage and their initial consultancy application goes back to May 2011. In 2012 ACC put an application in for some of the land for a new scondary school which now sits to the SW of the stadium. Cove then submitted a new application in March 15 and construction started in Oct 17, open in June 18. They had 3 years of ground sharing between 15-18.   I think AFC were in the mix somewhere too until the council stepped in with the school plan. So fair play to Cove for digging in for 7 years.

Thought it was a bit soulless tbh and wondered if it was a staging post for something bigger when Aberdeen relocate to Westhill but to be fair to them they have catered for fans all round the pitch unlike Fife and Dumbarton which is really poor. The steak pie was lovely and the bus shelters certainly helped the atmosphere 😂 shame the stewards couldn't avoid the dickery. 

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Your kidding

the ground is horrible, just a flat piece of ground plastered in Hoardings.

if you actually want to see the game, you can pay £2 to sit in the stand with a large group of alcohol fuelled corporates with no clue about football.

i see the crowd was 200 down on when we played them which is strange.

They will win the league as well financed but a welcome addition to the spfl, ? Not for me.

The advertising is part and parcel with finance if playing in a ground without a flat playing surface is your thing then perhaps that’s one of the reasons why Cowden have lingered so long in the lower parts of the 2nd division.There shouldn’t be a problem welcoming progressive clubs into the Scottish league it can only enhance our game on all fronts.

10 minutes ago, Toonsers said:

The advertising is part and parcel with finance if playing in a ground without a flat playing surface is your thing then perhaps that’s one of the reasons why Cowden have lingered so long in the lower parts of the 2nd division.There shouldn’t be a problem welcoming progressive clubs into the Scottish league it can only enhance our game on all fronts.

How long do you cosider so long actually is? Genuine question.

8 minutes ago, Toonsers said:

You clearly have very little knowledge of the Scottish lower leagues.

Cove are 100% a welcome addition to the lower leagues though. it still doesn’t mean they haven’t made an arse of their new ground. I’ve been to amateur cup finals and had obscured views. I’ve been to Aberdeen, Hearts and Berwick games there and arrived just before kick off and as such I’ve been unable to get a spot that allows a full view of the pitch. I hope they put some sort of terracing in. A few tonnes of concrete would do.

Allan Park was a better place to watch football and for an overall football experience! I’d say all the bad blood from the play offs is dissipating and we dislike Cove much the same way we dislike the other 8 teams in the league. That’s football. 

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Been a bit of a journey for them. Had a wee rummage and their initial consultancy application goes back to May 2011. In 2012 ACC put an application in for some of the land for a new scondary school which now sits to the SW of the stadium. Cove then submitted a new application in March 15 and construction started in Oct 17, open in June 18. They had 3 years of ground sharing between 15-18.   I think AFC were in the mix somewhere too until the council stepped in with the school plan. So fair play to Cove for digging in for 7 years.

Thought it was a bit soulless tbh and wondered if it was a staging post for something bigger when Aberdeen relocate to Westhill but to be fair to them they have catered for fans all round the pitch unlike Fife and Dumbarton which is really poor. The steak pie was lovely and the bus shelters certainly helped the atmosphere 😂 shame the stewards couldn't avoid the dickery. 

Originally Aberdeen FC had planned to have their new stadium on the other side of the Loch which you might have noticed coming into Cove .

Coves ground was part of the overall plans however as usual the city planners threw out the application for various reasons ( transport links & the area being part of the green belt). AFC then moved their ideas to Westhill where construction is now taking place and ironically the proposed site was instead sold to a house builder who’s planning 1500 homes there instead! ( so much for the green belt argument).

Cove went ahead with their plans to get a new stadium which meets SPFL criteria it’s  currently still ‘work in progress’ with future plans being to improve the current facilities. Yeah it’s not ideal let’s face it we all prefer grass I thought Stirling Albion’s surface looked fantastic , sound/tannoy system inadequate, surface water problem in winter in the standing areas but these along with new stands to replace the bus shelters are all in the pipeline (somewhere).

2 hours ago, onecowden said:

How long do you cosider so long actually is? Genuine question.

As a Cowden fan how long would you consider as being too long? Genuine question too. In answer to your question I’d say that every team looks to have some sort of improvement on the year before ( which to be fair Cowden have done in the last couple of years) and that might be a cup run, league position.

42 minutes ago, Toonsers said:

As a Cowden fan how long would you consider as being too long? Genuine question too. In answer to your question I’d say that every team looks to have some sort of improvement on the year before ( which to be fair Cowden have done in the last couple of years) and that might be a cup run, league position.

We have been in league 2 (this vist)  now for 4 seasons including this season. Hardly a lifetime.  I do concede we have been in the bottom half for three of them (bottom twice). It can hardly be called 'lingering for so long in the lower parts of the second division' as you put it.

Edit to add- I never answered your question so- I wouldn't want to be in the play off to go down ever again. Mid table mediocrity in our current financial state would be acceptable to me at the moment. Anything else is a bonus and we would be overv achieving.

Edited by onecowden

39 minutes ago, onecowden said:

We have been in league 2 (this vist)  now for 4 seasons including this season. Hardly a lifetime.  I do concede we have been in the bottom half for three of them (bottom twice). It can hardly be called 'lingering for so long in the lower parts of the second division' as you put it.

Edit to add- I never answered your question so- I wouldn't want to be in the play off to go down ever again. Mid table mediocrity in our current financial state would be acceptable to me at the moment. Anything else is a bonus and we would be overv achieving.

All the best onecowden I’m an Abbey View lad for my sins but had that blue & white stripped shirt when I was a kid 😊good luck to your team in the future!

22 hours ago, JT1867 said:

Nice tidy wee ground as well - ringed with adverts, the sort of ground we should be aiming for at Lesser.

Really? I wasn't impressed with their ground at all, even more of a wind tunnel than Peterhead, but at least the wee shelters gave us some cover from the conditions and provided an opportunity to make some noise. I think ( and hope ) we can do better with Lesser    

On 01/09/2019 at 01:39, NathanQP said:

Weird complaint on the match report about plastic pitches when we will be playing on one in the near future.

It's just embarrassing. We train on one, our home ground was Airdrie for 14 months, and we have played on numerous plastic pitches across Scotland and beyond for years now,  winning many of these matches.  

Everyone's favourite scribe was also at it during the game on Saturday, delightfully announcing to everyone near him " Oh here comes Alfie on as a sub, at least we'll get a good laugh now" 

Well nobody laughed at his shite patter. Sums him up

Edited by Mick1867

20 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

It's just embarrassing. We train on one, our home ground was Airdrie for 14 months, and we have played on numerous plastic pitches across Scotland and beyond for years now,  winning many of these matches.  

Everyone's favourite scribe was also at it during the game on Saturday, delightfully announcing to everyone near him " Oh here comes Alfie on as a sub, at least we'll get a good laugh now" 

Well nobody laughed at his shite patter. Sums him up

Really? Hopefully he regrets making that comment and learns to hold his weesht in future.

We've all made comments at games we later regret ( I have anyway!) but to have a go at a young player who is new to us ( and has  already shown a fair bit of potential) is not good.