Cove Rangers v Queen's Park

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

65% possession from Cove. Can't recall anything close to that before. We huffed and puffed and every one was willing but countless poor short passes and the wind lottery meant we gave away possession far too much. Rangers toiled with the wind too in the second but our high pressing start, which was working, wasn't sustained and all but disappeared after the second goal.

Both wing pairings were dysfunctional again and we were outmuscled all over the park in all positions bar defence. It's deja vu for Mark but Cove had the strength but much more guile than any of last year's top four. First goal was fluky but it was in the right area to be lucky. Second and third both fast and direct with great finishes. Better team won. We're definitely going to struggle unless someone turns up for goalscorer.

No such concerns for the singing section though. What appeared to be an oversized bus shelter in fact turned out to be a loudhailer. Almost as good as TNS.

MotM: Jamieson

Singing and support from QP fans was loud and impressive and made for a good atmosphere 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

11 minutes ago, Toonsers said:

Masson has such a great engine, another one of the many Aberdeen shouldn’t have let go....and Harry Milne fantastic

Masson is very good at this level but he’s no where near Aberdeen’s level. Milne has been exceptional for years - should be playing at a higher level. 

25 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Masson is very good at this level but he’s no where near Aberdeen’s level. Milne has been exceptional for years - should be playing at a higher level. 

Perhaps but it does make you wonder about some of the decisions the larger clubs make and I mean that for many of the players at a lower level not just Coves. Some of the ‘big clubs’  signings don’t seem to have the work rate or desire that these players show or the shift they put in.Maybe just by signing for a larger club players think they’ve made it and get lazy ??

11 hours ago, Toonsers said:

Masson has such a great engine, another one of the many Aberdeen shouldn’t have let go....and Harry Milne fantastic

He stood out today and has done all season so far. Links well with Harry who I completely agree is quality. Such an attacking full back who can score goals but can also defend resolutely.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

39 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Best team won . We never really got going and I feel that we showed them too much respect and right from the off looked like we were there for a draw at best. Still on this showing I reckon Cove must be in with a real shout of winning the league.

First and foremost we the fans (of cove) that is are just looking for survival. Secondly we’ve never lost a league match at this ground we totally respect all the big clubs that come visiting including your good club.None of the Cove support think the league is in the bag we’re just doing what we do we’re the under dogs but believe we have something to offer this league. Next week Wales lets hope we can do the division proud.

45 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Weird complaint on the match report about plastic pitches when we will be playing on one in the near future.

The only time you see complaints about plastic pitches is after defeats. We train on one as well.

Already pretty much convinced that Cove will win the title. If they're in any danger of not doing so, I suspect the cheque book will be brought out in January. 

Next two will start to give us a real idea of where we really are as a team. Rovers and Cowdenbeath at home are games you need to be winning if you're going to push for top four. It's been a decent start and not many teams will get anything at Cove. 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Feart was the word in my mind at half-time. No-one wanted to keep the ball. Reality check for Roberts.

I don't think anyone at the Club expects anything other than a hard season. We have recruited well have had a decent start. Cove are the big spenders in the league and it showed in the quality they had yesterday. 

Look at Stirling Albion. They brought in a lot of players, invested a fair amount in their team and sit bottom on no points. I expect their manager is dreading his next talk with the Chairman. The pressure now is enormous with relegation to the Lowland League.

I am an advocate of going professional. It doesn't guarantee success! It brings even more pressure. Oncee done, failure is not an option!

Mark has a one hell of a job to do. He has to keep the Club with no money in the league until such time as we have a fighting chance of competing on equal terms. I'm certain he is well aware of that!

Edited by The man with no name

55 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

I don't think anyone at the Club expects anything other than a hard season. We have recruited well have had a decent start. Cove are the big spenders in the league and it showed in the quality they had yesterday. 

Look at Stirling Albion. They brought in a lot of players, invested a fair amount in their team and sit bottom on no points. I expect their manager is dreading his next talk with the Chairman. The pressure now is enormous with relegation to the Lowland League.

I am an advocate of going professional. It doesn't guarantee success! It brings even more pressure. Oncee done, failure is not an option!

Mark has a one hell of a job to do. He has to keep the Club with no money in the league until such time as we have a fighting chance of competing on equal terms. I'm certain he is well aware of that!

Going professional? Being amateur doesn’t wash anymore and hasn’t done for years.

Mark’s capability and commitment aren’t in question. My belief in him is even stronger than when he took over. Some players however need refocussed.

4 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Not buying this "just looking to survive" from Cove - if they are after anything but first I'd be amazed. 

Nice tidy wee ground as well - ringed with adverts, the sort of ground we should be aiming for at Lesser.

Your kidding

the ground is horrible, just a flat piece of ground plastered in Hoardings.

if you actually want to see the game, you can pay £2 to sit in the stand with a large group of alcohol fuelled corporates with no clue about football.

i see the crowd was 200 down on when we played them which is strange.

They will win the league as well financed but a welcome addition to the spfl, ? Not for me.