Montrose vs Dumbarton

All set up for another tight game. Much like last season, Montrose appear to have a problem putting the ball in the net, which bodes well given we've got the worst defensive record in the league.  Their record of 3 defeats and a draw is probably masking some of their credible performances and I don't expect much difference from the very good side we met last year.

For the Sons, we're absolutely buzzing off the back of two fairly unexpected wins and in Isaac Layne we have an in form striker who is finding the net. You've got to hope we can carry on the momentum and pick up more points here, I'd be happy with a point tbh. Only change I would make from Saturday is Carswell in for Langan, but again I'd be happy for the same team to start again.

Oh aye, one final pertinent point to make here:

Tumilty > Ballantyne

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

If we could have next to no chat on this thread until late Friday that would be great, as that seems to have worked In  our favour in the last two games.

Right Mo fans - let's get chatting.

After a very difficult start to the season we have to start picking up points. 3 out of our first 4 games have been against the 3 full time teams in the league.
We've got a very important September in front of us. All the teams we are playing will be those who could be scrapping at the wrong end of the table come May.

Am confident we will get our first win of the season.We are not playing that bad at all,hopefully have Terry Masson back and start with Blair Lyon.Dumbarton have had 2 good wins and went be no pushover but have a funny feeling we might nick this one.

A very difficult start yes but when the fixtures came out i fully expected to be near the bottom of the league. You are right though if we don't start picking up points we will risk being left behind. Dumbarton have had a good start and will feel as if they can come and win however i fully expect this game to be our first win. SP will get the team pumped up and even though we havent taken points from the last three games we should have taken confidence in the way we have played. Overall we have been solid at the back and played some decent stuff going forward.

My preferred team for this game would be:

Lennox

Webby  Matty  Kerr  Dillo  Cammy

Padge        Masson (if fit)

Milne

Skelly       Lyons

Edited by GableEnder21

I’d take a point here. Keep the momentum going. Montrose were a well drilled team last season and I’m sure they’ll pick up atlas the season develops; and we have some really failing particularly at the back that shouldn’t be overlooked, despite the confidence two wins on the trot will inevitably bring.

I’ve not seen Tumilty yet but assume he’ll be a starter so hopefully that bolsters the back line. I’m also assuming Carsy will be back in for this which if the case will be a big boost.

1-1 draw with big Layne hitting the winner on his way to the golden boot.