Highland Pyramid

Burnie_man

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

So have I got this right:

* if 3 are licensed all participate... if 1 are licensed all participate... if 0 are licensed all participate... but if 2 are licensed only they participate, and the other must sit out?

* in scenario where 1 are licensed it doesn't matter how they do they still go up (e.g. say got Golspie, Hermes, Carnoustie: it doesn't matter if Hermes and Carnoustie paste Golspie, they go up as only they are licensed)?

They don't go up they go to the playoff with the bottom club in the HFL.

I think the rest is correct.

3 licensed - all 3 play = fine

0 licensed - all 3 play = bit weird but essentially fine

2 licensed - 2 play = makes sense would be weird if the non licensed champion won the competition 

1 licensed - all 3 play = stupid. Licensed championing finishing third but still going into playoff is daft.

I guess in the scenario with 2 clubs they don't want the hassle of trying to work out who is champion is if 2 clubs both end up equal on all counts which is forseeable in a 3 team format.

Same could happen where all 3 involved but there is no alternative 

Of course, playoff for a playoff up north, not automatic promotion. Agree some of it's a bit odd.

Is it all 1 competition e.g. do suspensions in 'tier 6' stage (whether it matters or not) carry into tie v HL #18?

14 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

* if 3 are licensed all participate... if 1 are licensed all participate... if 0 are licensed all participate... but if 2 are licensed only they participate, and the other must sit out?

* in scenario where 1 are licensed it doesn't matter how they do they still go up (e.g. say got Golspie, Hermes, Carnoustie: it doesn't matter if Hermes and Carnoustie paste Golspie, they go up as only they are licensed)?

Surely they would be ineligible for the play off and the highest licensed team would take their place?

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Surely they would be ineligible for the play off and the highest licensed team would take their place?

No. Its only highest placed team in each league that are eligible for the playoff.

I haven't read the LL rules but they seem to be happy they can declare a champion who finishes second or third 

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

No. Its only highest placed team in each league that are eligible for the playoff.

I haven't read the LL rules but they seem to be happy they can declare a champion who finishes second or third 

They will have updated them for this season. They've not bothered to publish them online though. Probably because the rule would get picked apart.

23 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

* if 3 are licensed all participate... if 1 are licensed all participate... if 0 are licensed all participate... but if 2 are licensed only they participate, and the other mut sit out?

Exactly as it should be.  So get licensed, and be eligible for promotion to the HFL.