Highland Pyramid

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Athletic are moving to Ardersier. I know that pitch is well used by welfare teams in the summer, so I assume they have decent enough facilities.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/inverness-football-club-announce-they-are-moving-to-ardersie-246439/

Looks like they have changing facilities anyway on Google maps, fair chance of cars and pedestrians getting pinged by the ball in passing, if it's where I think it is. Wonder why they moved from Muir of Ord, maybe the local team is getting going again?

I remember playing on that pitch for Balloch many moons ago.

Halfway through the second half I got an elbow in the dish and my nose burst like a tap. My lovely orange strip was soon mostly red. Ref shrugged his shoulders, and my manager said to just play on. 😄

More detail here about the switch to Ardersier. It seems that Muir of Ord are expanding their youth setup, meaning they will be using their pitch a lot more.

Inverness Athletic switch from Muir of Ord to Ardersier ahead of North Caledonian League kick-off (pressandjournal.co.uk)

6 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

More detail here about the switch to Ardersier. It seems that Muir of Ord are expanding their youth setup, meaning they will be using their pitch a lot more.

Inverness Athletic switch from Muir of Ord to Ardersier ahead of North Caledonian League kick-off (pressandjournal.co.uk)

Ardersier is decent venue for Inverness Athletic, and congratulations to Sandy Stephen, as the club continues to strengthen..

Does anyone know what the age range(s) is for Muir of Ord's youth team(s) ? Return to the NCL in the near future ?

Scourie FC has announced on its' website, that they have signed 27 players for 2021/22 (so far).

Edited by Robert James
typo

With Inverness Athletic announcing, in one of the articles above, that they will be entering their local Under 20's Development League this coming season I wonder if other clubs in the NCL or the North Juniors will also look to join their local Under 20's in the next few seasons?

Maybe, as Robert James hints clubs which have been considering entering the NCL or North Juniors will now do so - as it will mean that they will also be able to expand their present Youth Player Pathway up to Under 20's. Will Muir of Ord be thinking along these lines?

4-0 after half an hour as I mentioned on the North Region thread.

If their chairman wasn't such a shitebag they could be in fucking League Two by now.

11 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Banks o’ Dee thumped Keith 6-1 tonight 

When are they going to grow up and join the highland league?

That means they'd absolutely batter most sides in the Highland League.

Looking at their squad, they don't have any players who's names I recognise.  Possibly Gary McGowan is the ex ICT youngster.  Jamie Watt as well maybe.  Was he a striker in the HL?  Possibly for Cove? Deveronvale?

Edit - When you see a club from Aberdeen battering everyone, you expect them to be a former HL select, but doesn't seem to be the case here.

Edited by TheScarf

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Looking at their squad, they don't have any players who's names I recognise.  Possibly Gary McGowan is the ex ICT youngster.  Jamie Watt as well maybe.  Was he a striker in the HL?  Possibly for Cove? Deveronvale?

Edit - When you see a club from Aberdeen battering everyone, you expect them to be a former HL select, but doesn't seem to be the case here.

From what I hear they probably have the best youth set up in the North.

On 31/07/2021 at 03:09, FairWeatherFan said:

As seen by the creation of the Highland Pyramid play-off the Highland League looks set to be an 18 team league from now on as a minimum.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the format of the Highland play-off, this doesn't appear to be the case. The play-off takes place every year so long as there's an eligible tier 6 champion. So it does nothing to offset any net change the HL has in membership size due to promotion/relegation with the SPFL.

57 minutes ago, Yalay said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding the format of the Highland play-off, this doesn't appear to be the case. The play-off takes place every year so long as there's an eligible tier 6 champion. So it does nothing to offset any net change the HL has in membership size due to promotion/relegation with the SPFL.

I think they're quite flexible between 16 and 20, with 18 as the preferred default. If they went over 20 they might split in 2, under 16 and they'd waver some minimum requirements for a probationary term. Just guessing. 

On 03/08/2021 at 16:51, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Oh, neat. Guess I have something to watch without having to go more than 10 minutes walk, that'll fill the time.

Always wondered about how many windows of the houses opposite the pitch have gotten smashed, I know as kids playing there we took out 1 or 2 in our time.

I think they're quite flexible between 16 and 20, with 18 as the preferred default. If they went over 20 they might split in 2, under 16 and they'd waver some minimum requirements for a probationary term. Just guessing. 

They can't split in two now, that would drop the Tier 6 leagues down to Tier 7. They'd just have to relegate an extra team, something they should be doing anyway.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They can't split in two now, that would drop the Tier 6 leagues down to Tier 7. They'd just have to relegate an extra team, something they should be doing anyway.

There was talk about splitting the HL into 2x10 a few years ago, to fast track a tier 6, and bring in the only 2 licensed teams below. I agree that with tier 6 sorted there's no need, and it was hugely unpopular at the time anyway, outside the geometry obsessed pyramidsta community. The three league tier 6 agreement came out of nowhere, 2 years ago Tayside spokesmen were spitting at the very idea of a Highland League connection, and the North Juniors were totally uninterested, local football for local people..

Edited by welshbairn