Jump to content
Burnie_man

Highland Pyramid

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Brora are claiming to be enthusiastic this year.

Image result for mick mccarthy gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Interesting thread on FitbaNorth about talks between the SFA and reps from NCL and NJ clubs.

http://www.fitbanorth.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8427

Its now buried way back in the Junior Football Future thread, but a poster supporting Montrose Roselea said they had already had a meeting earlier this month I believe. That's not been mentioned on fitbanorth yet, so now i'm wondering if it happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:
3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Interesting thread on FitbaNorth about talks between the SFA and reps from NCL and NJ clubs.
http://www.fitbanorth.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8427

fitbanorth is members only for viewing. Can you possibly post a rough summary of the key points?

It would be quicker for you to sign up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:
3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Interesting thread on FitbaNorth about talks between the SFA and reps from NCL and NJ clubs.
http://www.fitbanorth.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8427

fitbanorth is members only for viewing. Can you possibly post a rough summary of the key points?

This was the opening post. Everything else has been the usual pyramid chat where people debate their preferences for how it would work.

From Soupie on FitbaNorth.

Quote

n the past we've had rumours about things like "SHFL2" and "SPFL League 3", but I've heard on the grapevine that the SFA are having a meeting next month with the clubs from the North Region Juniors and the North Caledonian League about integrating their setups into the pyramid.

The suggestion at the moment is that the winners of the North Region Superleague and the North Caledonian League would face each other in a play-off to win promotion to the Highland League, subject to winning clubs having the necessary licensing - and presumably facing off against the bottom SHFL club to secure the promotion too.

Apparently there is strong support from both the NCL and the NRJs, so this could actually happen. The SFA are obviously keen to expand the pyramid, so it will be interesting to wee how the SHFL reacts to this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

This was the opening post. Everything else has been the usual pyramid chat where people debate their preferences for how it would work.

From Soupie on FitbaNorth.

 

Well informed post from @NiallFH too.

image.thumb.png.b6e8b0d2866cd710ae3ef80f1ed80f1f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what was renewed the Highland Pyramid talk briefly in the Junior football, what is the future thread.

On 17/01/2020 at 10:48, tellyboy said:

I believe that there was a meeting between the North Region JFA and the Highland League last week re the Pyramid. No details but understand it is a case of agree or be left to graze on your own. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Interesting thread on FitbaNorth about talks between the SFA and reps from NCL and NJ clubs.
http://www.fitbanorth.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8427

fitbanorth is members only for viewing. Can you possibly post a rough summary of the key points?

A rough summary is it's quite easy to sign up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of interest i looked into travel from Shetland to watch the nearest highland league team. 

Friday 5pm Ferry from Lerwick to Kirkwall 5.5 hours then overnight stay on Northlink Ferry in Stromness then arrive Scrabster 10.30am travel to Wick. 

On the way back 7pm Ferry Scrabster to Stromness arrive 8.30pm travel to Kirkwall, catch overnight Ferry 11.45pm Arrive Lerwick 7.30am Sunday Morning. 

Ferry Costs

Seats only £44.38 return

Sleeping Pod Seat £80.38 return

Cheapest cabin Exclusive use , £109.98 Return

Plus ticket, booze, grub, buses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

Just out of interest i looked into travel from Shetland to watch the nearest highland league team. 

Friday 5pm Ferry from Lerwick to Kirkwall 5.5 hours then overnight stay on Northlink Ferry in Stromness then arrive Scrabster 10.30am travel to Wick. 

On the way back 7pm Ferry Scrabster to Stromness arrive 8.30pm travel to Kirkwall, catch overnight Ferry 11.45pm Arrive Lerwick 7.30am Sunday Morning. 

Ferry Costs

Seats only £44.38 return

Sleeping Pod Seat £80.38 return

Cheapest cabin Exclusive use , £109.98 Return

Plus ticket, booze, grub, buses. 

The rugby authorities manage to subsidise island travel, right down to school level, and often by air. No reason why football couldn't do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The rugby authorities manage to subsidise island travel, right down to school level, and often by air. No reason why football couldn't do the same.

You mean subsidise the teams ? 

From a Shetland based fans perspective the only viable team to go watch would be Wick Academy as you could catch the ferry links and could be back home for Sunday.

Edited by SJP79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SJP79 said:

You mean subsidise the teams ? 

From a fans perspective the only viable team to go watch would be Wick Academy as you could catch the ferry links and could be back home for Sunday.

It would only be one away trip a year for mainland team supporters, I'd be well up for an Orkney trip, even by air if I was short of time. The Highland League doesn't have that many travelling supporters anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As people have mentioned sensible thing to do is to have two (or three) Tier 6 HL Feeders

Opt A: NCL, North Super, Tayside Super

Opt B: NCL + Nairn and a New Superduper NE League

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just out of interest i looked into travel from Shetland to watch the nearest highland league team. 

Friday 5pm Ferry from Lerwick to Kirkwall 5.5 hours then overnight stay on Northlink Ferry in Stromness then arrive Scrabster 10.30am travel to Wick. 

On the way back 7pm Ferry Scrabster to Stromness arrive 8.30pm travel to Kirkwall, catch overnight Ferry 11.45pm Arrive Lerwick 7.30am Sunday Morning. 

Ferry Costs : 

Seats only £44.38 return

Sleeping Pod Seat £80.38 return

Cheapest cabin Exclusive use , £109.98 Return

Plus ticket, booze, grub, buses. 

Cheaper than a match ticket for Chelsea, probably.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Cheaper than a match ticket for Chelsea, probably.

 

And not as much travelling...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The rugby authorities manage to subsidise island travel, right down to school level, and often by air. No reason why football couldn't do the same.

There is some subsidy for the adult rugby teams, but the main reason island teams can compete is player registration is much laxer in rugby than football. The island clubs (and many others) often bulk out their team when off the islands with players from the mainland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

There is some subsidy for the adult rugby teams, but the main reason island teams can compete is player registration is much laxer in rugby than football. The island clubs (and many others) often bulk out their team when off the islands with players from the mainland.

Maybe so, but the subsidies don't only apply to adult teams. Some info here.

https://www.scottishrugby.org/clubs-and-schools/support-for-clubs/club-competitions

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...