Highland Pyramid

Burnie_man

It was a relatively close vote. Part of the problem is that while BoD were basically guaranteed their title everything else was largely up in the air.

Other leagues have declared champions with no relegation. Do that in the North would alter the league structure to something to possibly 16-16 instead of 14-9-9 which they seem to prefer the smaller divisions for something to play for.

Then doing promotion and relegation has its problems as 12th and 13th in the Super League are on the same points total with same games played. 13th being a relegation spot.

Null and void seems to the easiest approach to gain a consensus.

BoD seem to be in a bit of a limbo here. The North Juniors screw them again but they don’t want to leave the organisation.

It’s hard to feel sorry for them. They should be chapping at the HL’s door almost constantly but they’re not interested.

5 hours ago, MacGafraidh said:

Should make it a licensing issue if the Highland League has a vacancy and there is a licensed club able to take that vacancy. 

Should the HL not be reducing to 16 like the SFA are wanting them to so there shouldnt be a vacancy if Brora are promoted?

1 minute ago, honestman54 said:

Should the HL not be reducing to 16 like the SFA are wanting them to so there shouldnt be a vacancy if Brora are promoted?

Until there is a system in place below the Highland League it doesn't really have a limit beyond its own 20 teams for a single division.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

BoD seem to be in a bit of a limbo here. The North Juniors screw them again but they don’t want to leave the organisation.

It’s hard to feel sorry for them. They should be chapping at the HL’s door almost constantly but they’re not interested.

They can fix it though as they shouldn’t keep their license if they are not actively seeking pyramid status.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Full article, looks like Fort will have to find their own players next season. 

thu.thumb.JPG.7c4b19c641437df24cbdcfaf19db3fbd.JPG

Edited by welshbairn

I'm not sure how much of a sweetener ICT will be able to offer to the HFL clubs in order for them to accept this. Most of them were against it last time. Perhaps Caley could try the NCL instead...?

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

I'm not sure how much of a sweetener ICT will be able to offer to the HFL clubs in order for them to accept this. Most of them were against it last time. Perhaps Caley could try the NCL instead...?

Yep, There's nothing to be gained for the Aberdeenshire clubs. It adds another long away trip for them and barely any away fans when they play ICT at home.

I'd like to see Christie's evidence for it working hugely well in Spain and Italy. I suspect he's talking out of his (horse's) arse.

14 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Banks o'dee are a very well run junior club always enjoyed my trips to spain park . Can't blame them for not wanting to get properly involved in anything to do with the 'pyramid' up here. 

Wow, another alias, have you not got anything better to do?

The Dee are happy to be big fish in a small pond. They'll have to get involved at some point if they want to keep their licence.

37 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Wow, another alias, have you not got anything better to do?

The Dee are happy to be big fish in a small pond. They'll have to get involved at some point if they want to keep their licence.

Maybe I'm easily amused, and/or too cynical, but I'm finding these one note "mon ra joonyurs!" types actually quite useful in serving to remind us all what progressive clubs are leaving behind. Or at least, hopefully leaving behind. I fear that remains to be seen just yet, the new WOSL is awash with people who haven't grasped that it's a new league yet, and may continue to act accordingly. I do hope not though.

3 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

I'm hoping the NCL refuse the Nairn County colts application.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm hoping the NCL refuse the Nairn County colts application.

NCL has a fairly recent history of reserve sides: Clach, Fort William. ICT have even played their reserves back in the 90s off the top of my head.

It's a tricky one as I don't like the idea of reserve teams playing in the pyramid, but at the kind of level where it's mostly recreational football for the benefit of players, I think that's okay. It's where the NCL wants to fit in with this. If they're serious about being tier 6, then they need to say no.

Just now, Cyclizine said:

NCL has a fairly recent history of reserve sides: Clach, Fort William. ICT have even played their reserves back in the 90s off the top of my head.

It's a tricky one as I don't like the idea of reserve teams playing in the pyramid, but at the kind of level where it's mostly recreational football for the benefit of players, I think that's okay. It's where the NCL wants to fit in with this. If they're serious about being tier 6, then they need to say no.

Thought they just played in the Cups (could well be wrong), which I've no objection to. Just think that leagues should be first teams only. I can understand it when they're struggling to get enough players for winter football though, maybe not so much with the new candidates this year.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Thought they just played in the Cups (could well be wrong), which I've no objection to. Just think that leagues should be first teams only. I can understand it when they're struggling to get enough players for winter football though, maybe not so much with the new candidates this year.

No, they played in the actual league. Looking back, seems ICT reserves won it in 94/95 and 97/98 (with County reserves being champions in 96/97).

The whole league was originally the Highland Reserve League, which is one of the reasons it has this quasi-senior status.

2 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

No, they played in the actual league. Looking back, seems ICT reserves won it in 94/95 and 97/98 (with County reserves being champions in 96/97).

The whole league was originally the Highland Reserve League, which is one of the reasons it has this quasi-senior status.

That explains a lot!