Highland Pyramid

Burnie_man

There are lots of demands that aren't visible to people who just come along to a game. Things like floodlights, cover etc. are obviously and quickly spotted. But demands like dressing rooms, toilets and various other things indoors and away from the ground itself won't be quickly noticed by spectators. Hence why just looking at a ground can be very deceiving.

I've been told for example that Broughty, Downfield and North End still need to do quite a lot of work on indoor facilities. Not saying that isn't possible at some point, but I have no idea how long that could take them. Hence why from what I've heard Lochee United and Tayport seem to be the closest based on current facilities and work already in progress.

36 minutes ago, Marten said:

There are lots of demands that aren't visible to people who just come along to a game. Things like floodlights, cover etc. are obviously and quickly spotted. But demands like dressing rooms, toilets and various other things indoors and away from the ground itself won't be quickly noticed by spectators. Hence why just looking at a ground can be very deceiving.

Even clubs ground sharing at licensed grounds haven’t necessarily found getting a license particularly easy.

I guess having the dedicated dressing room and shower and toilet facilities for 4 officials and the stated size of home and away dressing rooms as being for 22 with five showers and two toilets or a toilet and urinal each is what can be problematic with grounds that were built in another era. 

Edited by LongTimeLurker

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I guess having the dedicated dressing room and shower and toilet facilities for 4 officials and the stated size of home and away dressing rooms as being for 22 with five showers and two toilets or a toilet and urinal each is what can be problematic with grounds that were built in another era. 

Yeah, that's often the problem for many clubs.

Apologies, as I'm sure this has been covered in detail elsewhere but it's a big thread to look through. What's the situation with promotion and relegation between tiers 6 and 5?

I saw somewhere that the champions of the three tier 6 leagues earn a play-off spot (license dependent) and the bottom club in the HL also go into a play-off. Will it be a four-way play-off like those in the SPFL with the winner getting the HL spot or do the three tier 6 champions play off against each other for a shot at the bottom club in the HL?

Edited by Gordon EF

21 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Apologies, as I'm sure this has been covered in detail elsewhere but it's a big thread to look through. What's the situation with promotion and relegation between tiers 6 and 5?

I saw somewhere that the champions of the three tier 6 leagues earn a play-off spot (license dependent) and the bottom club in the HL also go into a play-off. Will it be a four-way play-off like those in the SPFL with the winner getting the HL spot or do the three tier 6 champions play off against each other for a shot at the bottom club in the HL?

The latter. And if they're licensed with floodlights etc, or a plan for them at least.

Edited by welshbairn

It's been removed but I saw someone had edited Wikipedia saying the Highland League play-off would be 18th v Midlands and NCL v NRJFA in the semis before the final, but not seen anything else online saying that so assume it's BS.

Edited by Ginaro

10 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It's been removed but I saw someone had edited Wikipedia saying the Highland League play-off would be 18th v Midlands and NCL v NRJFA in the semis before the final, but not seen anything else online saying that so assume it's BS.

Never trust wikipedia :)

Pretty sure this is the only official statement that there's been on it so far.

So potentially a 3-way round robin (like the EoS one a couple of seasons ago) followed by the winner playing the bottom HL club over 2 legs?

More likely though it’ll be NRJFA vs Midlands over 2 legs followed by the winner playing the bottom HL club over 2 legs? Assuming Golspie don’t win the NCL AND have their licence renewed

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

So potentially a 3-way round robin (like the EoS one a couple of seasons ago) followed by the winner playing the bottom HL club over 2 legs?

More likely though it’ll be NRJFA vs Midlands over 2 legs followed by the winner playing the bottom HL club over 2 legs? Assuming Golspie don’t win the NCL AND have their licence renewed

Yep, it’ll be BoD against someone.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, it’ll be BoD against someone.

Lochee have half a chance, then if FW go pop before the start and the HL have worded their constitution in a certain way… who knows who they’ll play in the final, although BoD are clear favourites. Will be interesting to see if they actually want to go up this time round 

11 hours ago, Spyro said:

Lochee have half a chance, then if FW go pop before the start and the HL have worded their constitution in a certain way… who knows who they’ll play in the final, although BoD are clear favourites. Will be interesting to see if they actually want to go up this time round 

I was meaning it'll be BoD against the winner of the ML, the winner will then be promoted to the HL as they'll get double figures over 2 legs against Fort.

On 26/07/2021 at 21:15, Spyro said:

Extremely unlikely that Golspie will lose their licence. Can't think of any reason why ?

Whether they will be NCL champions next season is a different question, as it will be a stronger league in 2021/22 -  Covid permitting.

Edited by Robert James
typo

17 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Extremely unlikely that Golspie will lose their licence. Can't think of any reason why ?

Whether they will be NCL champions next season is a different question, as it will be a stronger league in 2021/22 -  Covid permitting.

Yeah I don’t doubt they’ll keep their licence. It’ll be an interesting fight for the league though, can’t see past them, Orkney and Invergordon but Alness or one of the Caithness 2 might upset them. St Duthac will take point off them all but will struggle to be consistent enough

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Early days but I suspect Lochee Utd might be more of a stick on than BoD at the moment.

Will know more after tomorrow's Lochee derby but Broughty looked poor against Harp and could only win 1-0 at Blair.

Early days. I don't think anyone will be chucking in the towel just yet. True though, Lochee are massive favourites to win the league. Their games versus Broughty and Carnoustie will be interesting. They will thump Harp imo. 

How far off are the NCL champions likely to be from the Midland and Grampian champions?

Hopefully it'll turn out to be like that mental EoS three-way play off a couple of seasons ago and not a "we missed out on goal difference because we took it easy against Zaire" situation.