Highland Pyramid

Burnie_man

I don't know how much we can read into this but Banks O'Dee beat Deveronvale 6-0 on Saturday in a friendly at Deveronvale  My knowledge of North Junior football has lapsed since Inverness City went under but if BOD aren't in the HL in the next couple of years then there's a big problem somewhere.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I don't know how much we can read into this but Banks O'Dee beat Deveronvale 6-0 on Saturday in a friendly at Deveronvale  My knowledge of North Junior football has lapsed since Inverness City went under but if BOD aren't in the HL in the next couple of years then there's a big problem somewhere.

The only stumbling block they're likely to encounter is the Midlands Champion in the play-off.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The only stumbling block they're likely to encounter is the Midlands Champion in the play-off.

Yep, that's why i was thinking a couple of seasons.  i have absolutely no idea how strong the clubs in the Midlands League are compared to them. BOD could leather them, or the clubs could be all Dundee/United released youths who are superb.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, that's why i was thinking a couple of seasons.  i have absolutely no idea how strong the clubs in the Midlands League are compared to them. BOD could leather them, or the clubs could be all Dundee/United released youths who are superb.

They don't tend to do that well when facing those South of them in the Junior Cup and North & Tayside Inter-Regional Cup.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

BoD were offered a place in the Highland League when Cove went up, but refused saying it was absurd to expect them to go up up with only a summer's notice, citing things like having to arrange coach bookings for longer journeys. :1eye

Just now, welshbairn said:

BoD were offered a place in the Highland League when Cove went up, but refused saying it was absurd to expect them to go up up with only a summer's notice, citing things like having to arrange coach bookings for longer journeys. :1eye

Yeah I get the impression the chairman is an utter fud.  Do coaches have to be booked months in advance? Seems unlikely.

BoD will be in the SHFL next season,they're head and shoulders above anything in the NRJ,only thing that may stop them is a Tayside side like Broughty,Carnoustie or Lochee if they get licensed in time.

Infact BoD are head and shoulders above anything in the lower half of the SHFL too .....

17 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

BoD will be in the SHFL next season,they're head and shoulders above anything in the NRJ,only thing that may stop them is a Tayside side like Broughty,Carnoustie or Lochee if they get licensed in time.

Infact BoD are head and shoulders above anything in the lower half of the SHFL too .....

That was my thought, are they better than the 3 sides you mention?  Hard to say but BOD would be top 5 HL right now with their squad.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That selection of badges is quality, but leaves the SHFL looking a bit "Auchterarder U-14" - ish in its design.

Get a lion rampant in there boiz!

I imagine the HL are all good republicans and see no need to incorporate the royal standard.

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

The 3 Tayside sides are top teams but still think BoD are slightly better and yeah Scarf,they would be up there at the top end of the SHFL table...

I'm not sure there is any evidence BoD are better than Lochee or Broughty 

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm not sure there is any evidence BoD are better than Lochee or Broughty 

Yeah get that IA,time will tell I suppose.

Will see if the Tayside teams can get licensed in time,otherwise it's a free bat at the baw for BoD...

If Golspie Sutherland win the NCL,they'll be dispatched by BoD,as will Fort if they finish bottom of the HL this season.