Highland Pyramid

Burnie_man

On 09/06/2021 at 21:46, Cyclizine said:

There's no way they'll be able to play at Canal Park long-term. They've got away with it this season because of Covid and the rugby cancelling their season. More likely they'll move to the IRA now Athletic have moved out of the city again.

There's a lack of other potential options in Inverness, realistically. The funding for updated facilities at the Bught will focus on the stadium pitch (shinty) and the amateur pitches. The council won't spend money on football grounds (a topic that's been covered here multiple times).

I could see them carrying on at Canal Park for a while with Friday night fixtures when there's a Rugby game on the Saturday.

On 13/06/2021 at 15:32, Ivo den Bieman said:

Official would be best, where the club would hold endless seminars on Marxist-Leninist dialectics without actually playing any football.

On 10/06/2021 at 08:51, TheScarf said:

That's what i was thinking but with the pyramid now in place these clubs would need to move again as the UoHi and Canal Park won't be/aren't enclosed and can't really accommodate fans.  Canal Park can but it's see through fencing round it so no one will pay to get in and just stand at the fence and watch the game.

That's a no to licensing right there surely?

Sorry just reading this.  I take it then that everything has now been agreed for the Pyramid to be set up, including the Midlands League.  Can someone confirm the clubs that will play in each of the three HL tier 6 leagues?

1 minute ago, Honestman1954 said:

Sorry just reading this.  I take it then that everything has now been agreed for the Pyramid to be set up, including the Midlands League.  Can someone confirm the clubs that will play in each of the three HL tier 6 leagues?

Still needs to be ratified by SFA, but the noises are all positive. The clubs will simply be those currently in membership of the North Caledonian League, the North Juniors and the remaining East Juniors. The North Juniors may rename themselves (Grampian League?) and the rump East Juniors will become the Midland League.

8 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Still needs to be ratified by SFA, but the noises are all positive. The clubs will simply be those currently in membership of the North Caledonian League, the North Juniors and the remaining East Juniors. The North Juniors may rename themselves (Grampian League?) and the rump East Juniors will become the Midland League.

Thank you, when does ratification take place?

Edited by Honestman1954

12 minutes ago, Honestman1954 said:

Thank you, when does ratification take place?

I believe the SFA AGM is on Monday, where the assumption is this will be ratified. Obviously, this is all just hearsay at the moment, but the guys up here seem to think it's pretty much sorted.

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

I believe the SFA AGM is on Monday, where the assumption is this will be ratified. Obviously, this is all just hearsay at the moment, but the guys up here seem to think it's pretty much sorted.

Are these different guys from the ones Jason Leitch references?

2 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Over here from multiple sides I also hear it's all sorted. Apparently Monday is just going to be a rubber stamp and then it's official.

On 18/06/2021 at 19:31, Marten said:

Over here from multiple sides I also hear it's all sorted. Apparently Monday is just going to be a rubber stamp and then it's official.

So where is the official announcement of the northern pyramid at tier 6 for 2021/22, twenty four hours after the SFA's AGM  ? 

Just now, Robert James said:

So where is the official announcement of the northern pyramid at tier 6 for 2021/22, twenty four hours after the SFA's AGM  ? 

I think they're waiting for the AGM of the East Region to make it official.

6 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Do you know the date of the 'Midland' AGM ?

No, but it won't be long nog, probably this week or next week. On Saturday I'll speak to some people who are involved with this when Lochee United play Dunipace. I'll probably be able to post updates then.

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

No, but it won't be long nog, probably this week or next week. On Saturday I'll speak to some people who are involved with this when Lochee United play Dunipace. I'll probably be able to post updates then.

Thanks.

Can it be assumed that the AGM 'cut off' date is 1st July ?

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Thanks.

Can it be assumed that the AGM 'cut off' date is 1st July ?

As far as I know, yes. The league all seems ready to kick off and they plan to do so in July, all clubs are preparing for this already. I'm sure I'll know more by the weekend.

19 hours ago, Yalay said:

Do we know what happens in the scenario where the Highland League gains/loses a club to the SPFL? Does the league just grow/shrink by 1 club for the next season?

It's been a bit ad hoc till now, the pyramid is just finding its shape. When Cove Rangers were promoted Banks o Dee were invited in, but refused. Brechin City are the first SPFL side to be demoted. The numbers in the Highland League are flexible, Brechin will make it a nice round 18.