Sectional league cup semi-finals

Ajs

Cant see Talbot having a full strength team out with Senior Scottish game with Camelon on Saturday.

Talbot beating Beith away isn't assured by any means.
Can't see past Pollok in the other semi.
is the final venue decided already?

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Have never liked any cup final at one of the finalists grounds.
It should always be a neutral venue.

P.s. not just junior level but any level of football

Agree with this although Talbot are not there yet.

Anybody know when Talbot last hosted a Final. Nothing immediately springs to mind

23 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

In all my years has a talbot supporter never heard of a final at beechwood but watch all the haters saying oh more money going to talbot it's a conspiracy but shame if it is at talbot it will be our first ever if I am right final

I never get all this haters comment and never get all the people who get jealous of a team superiority in winning. Something everyone should just deal with and hopefully your own team come up with ideas to improve, in all aspects of their area. Talbot are the top team in junior football and rightly so going by their results.  Its usually a team that usually wins everything that brings out all comments from either sides. Me Personally, I don't give a shit, I like to see good football, exciting and hopefully not even realise a referee is there.

In the west juniors if a two teams are from Ayrshire and make any one of the finals then its good to have the final at a Ayrshire venue only because to have as many locals as possible.  The same for the central area.  This cup is designed to make sure its an Central team v a Ayrshire team.

Allyg, I have to admit I don't remember any final at Auchinleck's ground for a long time, even one where they are not in it

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

4 hours ago, Ajs said:

What results are you looking for on Wednesday?

Obviously Lanark United will beat that wee team Pollok😁

But what about Beith v Talbot?

First target is to give a good account of ourselves.  If  we are able to pull of an unlikely shock result I'd say that Talbot's ground is the one that would pull in the biggest crowd and therefore the much needed revenue would more than compensate for playing on their home turf.

2 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

In all my years has a talbot supporter never heard of a final at beechwood but watch all the haters saying oh more money going to talbot it's a conspiracy but shame if it is at talbot it will be our first ever if I am right final

Hosted a couple of Ayrshire Cup finals in the last ten year. Talbot hosed the Meadow and I think Girvan beat Cumnock.

No usually meadow or pollock get the finals cause what u read on here for some reason the west seem to like them I could be wrong but for Pollock to get the evening times cup final every year says it all but must admit amateur cup finals beechwood has hosted

Beechwood has also hosted a few Amateur cup finals over the last few years as well.

Don't clubs have to apply to host finals though?

Sorry blackie didn't know that tbf I was only saying let the conspiracy theory to start after all the crap about the lights why do they give money to us more if u know what I mean

Hosted a couple of Ayrshire Cup finals in the last ten year. Talbot hosed the Meadow and I think Girvan beat Cumnock.