Partick Thistle vs Ayr United

10 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

After watching the highlights I still dont think the first one was a red card. The second one however obviously was. 

As for the game, I thought up until Partick went down to 9 men we didn't look like scoring. I thought Kerr had s really good game yesterday and was probably our best player. 

Agree with all of this.

The fans saying Ayr would have scored/won regardless of sendings must be at the wind-up. We may well have imploded in our own spectacular way without the assistance of Dallas, but based on the game up to the Gordon sending off, I’m not sure where the Ayr goals are coming from.

I thought Gordon’s was a red at the time, and now not so sure after seeing it back. Bannigan’s somehow looks even worse now than it did in live action, and it looked bad then. What a fucking moron he is.

I have to say any Ayr fan who thinks that first red was the right decision is just blatantly biased. That's a foul, maybe a yellow, but never 'out of control'. It's not dangerous.

The second red is quite clear, which brings us to the penalty. I think Kerr is desperate to get level with his man but he's not, he's ever so slightly behind. I think it's a soft penalty - but a call that could go either way.

Once again a team has helped us out massively by imploding (Queens missing a hatful of good chances last week too).

5 years ago it was never a red card nowadays it is every time not saying it's correct but that's the way football is

I have to say any Ayr fan who thinks that first red was the right decision is just blatantly biased. That's a foul, maybe a yellow, but never 'out of control'. It's not dangerous.

The second red is quite clear, which brings us to the penalty. I think Kerr is desperate to get level with his man but he's not, he's ever so slightly behind. I think it's a soft penalty - but a call that could go either way.

Once again a team has helped us out massively by imploding (Queens missing a hatful of good chances last week too).

Sensible balanced posts have no place in this thread!

Completely agree with all of this

By today’s rules the Gordon tackle is a red card. Tbf I don’t think he means to go to ground like that but it’s obviously a red.

I genuinely can’t remember any tackles from an Ayr player that was a blatant sending off.

11 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

5 years ago it was never a red card nowadays it is every time not saying it's correct but that's the way football is

100% correct. Those arguing otherwise aren't up with the rules.

13 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Agree with all of this.

The fans saying Ayr would have scored/won regardless of sendings must be at the wind-up. We may well have imploded in our own spectacular way without the assistance of Dallas, but based on the game up to the Gordon sending off, I’m not sure where the Ayr goals are coming from.

I thought Gordon’s was a red at the time, and now not so sure after seeing it back. Bannigan’s somehow looks even worse now than it did in live action, and it looked bad then. What a fucking moron he is.

I'm sorry but you had one shot on target other than the penalty. You were not winning that game without an assist from Dallas. Who you totally lament for your players indiscipline.

You are a poor poor team that collapses under any pressure. Sack Caldwell before it is too late.

I'm sorry but you had one shot on target other than the penalty. You were not winning that game without an assist from Dallas. Who you totally lament for your players indiscipline.
You are a poor poor team that collapses under any pressure. Sack Caldwell before it is too late.

Which is one more shot on target than Ayr at that point.....

Fair enough, but remember this carefully the next time doc or harvie goes in for a bit of a lunge. I expect you to be calling it.

Apologies, quoted the wrong bit.

The first red card, its not like he rode the top of the ball and caught McCowan on a follow-through, he was a good 4 to 6 inches over it. 
Does he catch him though? The tackling foot that has went right over the ball has landed on the ground, and his momentum connects with mccowan.

I think he's given the red for the ever-so-slight scissors motion as the right leg comes round afterwards. But there's no force when he does this.

First sending off , even though very soft going by the rules is correct , player lunges in  ,no touch on ball and he connects with the player , McCowan was very lucky his leg was off the ground , if his leg was planted on ground he would have got a real sore one ,  Docherty I thought was lucky to escape a booking couple of rash tackles but nowhere near the sending off that Thistle fans were looking for 

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Does he catch him though? The tackling foot that has went right over the ball has landed on the ground, and his momentum connects with mccowan.

I think he's given the red for the ever-so-slight scissors motion as the right leg comes round afterwards. But there's no force when he does this.

I think the tackling foot does catch McCowan, and the trailing leg definitely does. But it's an over the ball challenge, so it's a definite red. I don't think there was any malice intended with either this challenge or Bannigan's but they were very badly mistimed and very reckless, and dangerous. 

Just watched the highlights. Both reds are correct. Gordon was rash, and absolutely f**k knows what Bannigan was doing. The penalty was soft as f**k. Our second goal was cracking. The defending for the first and third Ayr goals was absolutely criminal, and Doolan looked just about onside to me.

No idea what Caldwell didn’t make a defensive substitution (Tam O’Ware for example) to tighten things up with 9 men and still in the lead. The guy is totally inept and needs gotten to f**k as soon as.

2 merited reds. Penalty was ridiculously soft. Dreadful defending for Ayr's first and Thistle's 2nd. Can understand to some extent why the Ayr players didn't tackle him after the dying swan act at the penalty but someone should have stopped him getting that far. Happy with the 3 points. 31 more required then we will see where the season takes us.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

By today’s rules the Gordon tackle is a red card. Tbf I don’t think he means to go to ground like that but it’s obviously a red.

I genuinely can’t remember any tackles from an Ayr player that was a blatant sending off.

He’s so far over the ball it’s not true.  

I think we were a wee bit lucky but only because Thistle are in a bit of turmoil with their management team. Looked like Caldwell had decided that the tactics should be to kick lumps out of us as we're young, wee and lightweight, especially up front.  It could have worked but the red cards did for them. Thought we scored three very good goals (four if you include Forrest's disallowed effort which was a disgraceful decision imv).  Onwards to North Wales and a game against our celtic cousins.       

Great 3 points as always but has to be said thistle imploded with the 2 sending offs.

Brannigan and Gordon obviously overdone the neuro toxins before the game crazy stuff from both.

I thought the Forrest goal should have stood and the thistle penalty was soft at best however the result ended up fair so no complaints.