Partick Thistle vs Ayr United

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

What's happened to Murdoch, serious injury?

Lets hope not as he does a good job of protecting Geggan down the right.

Up to today I had been wondering why Murdoch hasn't been imposing himself on games like last season. Its because he is on the right of a midfield three and drifts right to defend Geggan when McCowan pushes up. I only realised once he was off and there was a gaping hole on the right and Geggan kept getting beat or having to mark two men. 

Would have to see the highlights again but first one was harsh from my viewing, second one definite.

the boy Zanatta looks a prospect ran us ragged and will score and make goals for the jags wish we could have got him. Apart from him they looked ordinary and 11 v11 I think we would have beaten them. Very soft penalty from mr Dallas but hey ho.

few jags on Clyde 1 on way back and there manager, must have been watching a different game from me and finally how can Tam Oware not get in that team and great to see Dolan get off the mark think he’ll come on a ton now.

On the officials:

• Our penalty was soft- tho if he gives it there is a potential red card given the "double jeopardy" rule doesn't apply as there was no attempt to play the ball?
  • The first red card was probably a red card, I think Gordon slipped but that probably moves him into the "out of control" element so it's fair enough.
  • Second red card was definite and Bannigan is an arsehole for it, but...

The key decision in the whole game was the decision not to book McCowan for the world's most obvious dive inside our area 10 seconds before the Bannigan red card - Dallas just waved him up and if he stops the play and books him as he should then going down to 9 men doesn't happen, though I've little doubt we would have found another way to throw it away as our manager is a clown .

I've thought this with Dallas before, he is a vindictive little shit and when one team gets on his back he revels in it  the second half performance was insane, summed up by the Ayr player taking one of our players out at 3-2 with a sliding tackle and no yellow card, followed by Dallas walking over -with a stauner, probably- much slower than Jamie Sneddon took any goal kick when we were 2-1 up...to book one of our backroom staff for protesting.

I think Caldwell is an arse and would happily see him leave tomorrow but the two Ayr goals after we went down to 9 men were a long range shot that hit the post and came straight back to Doolan who couldn't miss (I thought it was close for offisde but given we haven't mentioned it I assume he was on) and another unstoppable 20 yarder, not as if we got carved open with 9 men. Bringing Lewis Mansell on to play what seemed like left back was a bit strange tbf

Zanatta is good though.

Edited by Fuctifano

On the officials:
  • Our penalty was soft- tho if he gives it there is a potential red card given the "double jeopardy" rule doesn't apply as there was no attempt to play the ball?
  • The first red card was probably a red card, I think Gordon slipped but that probably moves him into the "out of control" element so it's fair enough.
  • Second red card was definite and Bannigan is an arsehole for it, but...
The key decision in the whole game was the decision not to book McCowan for the world's most obvious dive inside our area 10 seconds before the Bannigan red card - Dallas just waved him up and if he stops the play and books him as he should then going down to 9 men doesn't happen, though I've little doubt we would have found another way to throw it away as our manager is a clown .
I've thought this with Dallas before, he is a vindictive little shit and when one team gets on his back he revels in it  the second half performance was insane, summed up by the Ayr player taking one of our players out at 3-2 with a sliding tackle and no yellow card, followed by Dallas walking over -with a stauner, probably- much slower than Jamie Sneddon took any goal kick when we were 2-1 up...to book one of our backroom staff for protesting.
I think Caldwell is an arse and would happily see him leave tomorrow but the two Ayr goals after we went down to 9 men were a long range shot that hit the post and came straight back to Doolan who couldn't miss (I thought it was close for offisde but given we haven't mentioned it I assume he was on) and another unstoppable 20 yarder, not as if we got carved open with 9 men. Bringing Lewis Mansell on to play what seemed like left back was a bit strange tbf
Zanatta is good though.

We were probably lucky to avoid a couple of bookings but so were Thistle. One particular shocker on Moffat from your awful centre half with the blue boots.

The state of some Partick fans accusing McCowan of diving whilst praising Dario Zanatta who dives any time he is remotely challenged. I'm pretty certain he dived for the penalty tbh. We'll see in the highlights.

Take your tinted glasses off, Andrew Dallas gave you a head start and your players lost their heads. Your tackling was like a junior/pub team and you were lucky not to come away with more bookings. One on Moffat was shocking and fortunately for you Dallas had his back turned or that could have been a third early bath.

Edit to add: Honestly in last decade that is some of the worst tackling I've seen. Hence the comparison to Airdrie.

Edited by Trogdor

Yeah he's nowhere near the player he was but even very good players struggle to come back from ACL injuries, especially when they're misdiagnosed.

Some folk are reading a bit into him being stripped of the captaincy before today, taking the penalty and then running over to celebrate with O'Ware, who now appears to be 4th choice CB while Caldwell gave out instructions

image.thumb.png.e9ff776fab021e35523a613c88969ab8.png

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Those reds are appalling.  Shame on Partick.

Any attacking play  we should have Kelly plonked on the 18 yard line and just get it to him.

He has some eye for goal. He'll be some player! Have we got him for the whole season?

McCall saying Ayr United winning 4 on the bounce at Firhill is an indication of how far we've dropped and how much Ayr  have improved in the last few years.  That said, I thought Ayr today were a shadow of the side that almost managed two promotions in in a row last year. We were the better side with eleven men.