Partick Thistle vs Ayr United

I'd be astonished if Doolan starts. He just doesn't fit into the 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 system that we are playing. Also, from what little we've seen is he actually fit?

I know there is the clamor for him to score against his former employers. He'll come on for Moff with 60 mins to go imo.

I'd start the same team as last week. Maybe shuffling the deck at the back as Bell was a bit ropey last week. However, having watched Partick's one effective tactic being hit it long and Kenny Miller to beat the ottside trap. Bell may be a better option to counter rather than Muirhead.

As for a prediction, I'm not so sure. Heart says 1-2 with Moff & Doolan scoring. Head says a score draw.

Yeah I’d say Caldwell will be under huge pressure if we win this afternoon.

I don’t necessarily think him getting sacked is great news for us if the board plan on bringing McCall back in.

Not sure if we would go for McCall tbh. I’m pretty sure Beattie was on the board that punted him. McCall would cut of his dick and baws to come back though.

If we want McCall back, he’ll be coming back.

Get over it boys.

Not sure how you can “get over” something that probably won’t happen.

For the record I wouldn’t be worried about A. Thistle approaching him or B. Him leaving to go there. But I can guarantee if Caldwell is sacked the speculation will start again with him being linked to go. After last seasons speculation about the Falkirk and Thistle jobs I’d be happy enough for both McCall and the club to go under the radar for a wee while this season.

Certainly his night at the Gaiety would suggest he won’t be leaving anytime soon, for ANYONE.

31 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If we want McCall back, he’ll be coming back.

Get over it boys.

If that was the case I don't suppose "we" could do anything about it due to the stature of PTFC.

He's proved he can get a wee team like ours out of the Scottish third tier where "you lot" may well be headed so he could be a useful acquisition.

Just don't offer Mr Caldwell in exchange :lol:

59 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I bet mid table mediocrity sounds pretty good to you atm.

Still wouldn’t be good enough, imo - anything other than challenging at the top end of the table shouldn’t really be seen as acceptable. I also hope the club would show the same ambition, and that this would be reflected in who they appoint as manager.

Still wouldn’t be good enough, imo - anything other than challenging at the top end of the table shouldn’t really be seen as acceptable. I also hope the club would show the same ambition, and that this would be reflected in who they appoint as manager.

Regardless of how he did last time, I’m fairly sure McCall would have you in the top 4.

Notice bannigan has had the armband stripped, fall out with gazza?

Doubt it. He’s just been rotten this season. The armband is cursed. Doolan, Elliott and Osman all turned shite when they were made captain.