Partick Thistle vs Ayr United

I'm sure most of the pre-match talk will be around one Ayr player in this game,  I know he's not been starting in the league games but will he inevitably score against his old club? If so will he celebrate?

Will some Thistle fans sing his name? Or boo him? 

Enough about Mark Kerr. We've kept up our recent tradition of fucking every August into the bin and with our defence resembling swiss cheese this might be another high-scoring defeat.

Given our opponents start to the season a win here isn’t beyond the realms of possibility however I’m of the opinion that a point away from home is a decent result in this league.

Given the window shuts next Monday I’d hope we might have a new signing for this one.

He hasn't been starting but was impressed with his first touch and effort when he come off the bench on Saturday, Moffat didn't have a great game so would not be shocked to see Doolan starting with McCall whispering in his ear "show them what they are missing son"

Yeah I’d be inclined to give him a shot.

I’d also consider having Muirhead or Roscoe in for Bell.

Partick Thistle are my nana's team (she was born and brought up not far from the stadium - on Murano Street) so I've always had a soft spot for them and look forward to our games against them.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I’d be inclined to give him a shot.

I'd probably start Doolan as well tbh. Against his former club and at a stadium where he made himself a hero for the Jags. What better time to give him a start?

Given our opponents start to the season a win here isn’t beyond the realms of possibility however I’m of the opinion that a point away from home is a decent result in this league.

Given the window shuts next Monday I’d hope we might have a new signing for this one.
I like your optimism

2 hours ago, Jazzar said:

May I remind you that we are Ayr United - take a draw and be thankful 😉 

Exactly, we should be running over the top of sides like this but because we are Ayr it will be by a goal. 

Like most matches in this league I've no idea what to expect from either team (that's what makes it so enjoyable).

We looked like world beaters against Morton, were very good against Dundee but poor on Saturday against Queens. On the other hand Thistle looked pretty decent for much of the match on Friday Night but then contrived to hand Morton the victory on a plate, so honestly I've no bloody idea what's going to happen on Saturday but I'd happily take a 2-2 draw right now..........

Looking forward to this one- Take it we'll be in the same stand as Thistle for this one. I'm sure I read somewhere that they were only opening the "away stand" for really big away crowds. 

Where is the best place to have a couple of pre match pints. Getting the train up and normally have a few in Glasgow City Centre before getting an uber out to the social club but fancy a change. 

On to the game we've got to be confident given the start Thistle have had to the season. They completely shat the bed on Friday night after a complete clanger by paper mache wrists. Against Morton we were very good for the vast majority of the game and good for spells at Dens however we were quite poor on Saturday although did manage to get the win. 

Teamwise im hoping we can get 1 or 2 in before Thursdays (?) deadline. A right back and striker would be very dece however both are looking increasingly unlikely.  I'd line up

Doohan

Geggan
Adams (if fit)/ Bell
Muirhead
Harvie

Murdoch
Docherty
Kelly

McCowan
Moffat
Forrest 

Subs:Hare-Reid, Houston, Roscoe,Bell, Kerr, McGuffie, Doolan