Livi v St Mirren

As I said pre-game, that's a cracking win considering the circumstances. Totally dominated the first half and was pleasantly surprised with some individual performances. Second half was a totally different story, St Mirren coming flying out having previously been quite conservative in their play and the only real shock for me was that it took them 20-odd minutes of the half to score. After that though for all the ball they had, didn't seem to do much, if anything, with it, even given our obvious issue at left-back. Mullen coming on just seemed to utterly stifle any sort of vibrance they had up front and just muddy the play. 

Pleasing to see us see out a victory as opposed to chuck it in the second half but that really is an issue which will haunt us in other games to come this season. Would imagine Saints would be fine this season on the evidence of today but the lack of goals must be a concern - took a wonder strike today to get them off the mark and both Obika and Morias looked a bit headless.

Two wins and two draws in the league so far is an excellent return all things considered, could easily be sitting with maximum points without too many complaints. Iron out the dip in the second half and we'll be fine for the rest of the season provided there isn't any more injuries to add to the catalogue.

6 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Blinkered. 

Livi 2-1 St Mirren, nae blinkers needed to see who deserved the 3 points, there's a reason you lost today, you don't score enough goals, 2 goals in 4 games tells you that. The minute the 2nd goal went in I knew we had the 3 points, should actually have been a bit more convincing of a win for us too, the chances we had hitting you on the counter.

50 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Deserved a point even if our final ball was lacking. Fair play to Livi, they played to their strengths. 

I see where you are coming from with this. Had an equaliser come it would not have been against the run of play. After that Stobbs was unlucky not to make it three. I think we edged the chances count but defo a close game on balance. St. Mirren look in decent shape.

6 minutes ago, crispy said:

I see where you are coming from with this. Had an equaliser come it would not have been against the run of play. After that Stobbs was unlucky not to make it three. I think we edged the chances count but defo a close game on balance. St. Mirren look in decent shape.

Do they, if they can't score against a terrible Hibs defence and struggled to score against our makeshift team today, they're going to struggle.

Do they, if they can't score against a terrible Hibs defence and struggled to score against our makeshift team today, they're going to struggle.

[emoji23] aye and you lot will score plenty away to hibs home to rangers and home to Aberdeen behave yourself and stop talking shite.

Our Team is still getting to know each other as we recruited really late after the late appointment of jim we will get better with time.

8 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

emoji23.png aye and you lot will score plenty away to hibs home to rangers and home to Aberdeen behave yourself and stop talking shite.

Our Team is still getting to know each other as we recruited really late after the late appointment of jim we will get better with time.

We'll score more than you anyway, managed it last season and are far better in attack this season. 8 goals in 4 games. You've just doubled your goal tally scoring a goal against us, and are full of bravado about how well you'll do, good ane.

We'll score more than you anyway, managed it last season and are far better in attack this season. 8 goals in 4 games. You've just doubled your goal tally scoring a goal against us, and are full of bravado about how well you'll do, good ane.

What the f**k has last season got to do with anything [emoji23]

Great win considering the build up to the game, being without the manager, missing 4 big first team players and still coming out on top shows what this team is made of. 

I actually think that’s probably the poorest we’ve been so far in the league which is understandable given the reasons above but we dug in and ground out the 3 points. 

Given we now have Rangers, and Aberdeen after the break I think it was really important to get those 3 points, international break coming at the perfect time for us as well, gets some of these injured players back. 

Shocking defending for our first but great header from big Al, and good finish by Dykes for the 2nd, good bit of play by Erskine who I felt had a decent game today given the circumstances. 

Souda is so good going forward but defensively poor, he lost his man nearly every time St Mirren game forward, luckily they had very little end product, but against better sides I can see him dropping to the bench. 

2 wins and 2 draws the start the season, excellent stuff. 

Livi 100% deserved their win, you can’t gift 2 goals in this league and expect to take something from the game. 

Far too many passengers in our team in the first half and we didn’t seem to get the bit between our teeth until we went 2 behind. 

Livingston are a far better team than they are given credit for and every one of their players defended with their lives by putting everything the could infront of the ball as we pressed for the equaliser. Had we scored a second we may well have deserved the point but we didn’t and livi were well worthy of their win.

the referee was an absolute shambles as well but that’s got hee has to do with the result. 

Our second looks marginally offside.
Was St. Mirren's goal deflected? Surprised Stewart was nowhere near it.

close but probably onside in goodwins interview he said the players were complaining about handball on the 2nd goal may well of hit his hand but would have been very harsh to be given.

our defending was awful for both goals though.

Definitely no issue with the result.

On another day we'd have eked out a point as our second half was miles ahead of the first and we were considerably better than Livingston in that second 45 even though Livi gave us a bit of a showing up in the first half...but then these games are usually going to be nip and tuck. Over the piece a point would probably have been fair but if you had to settle on one team to walk away with all three points, no-one would have picked us ahead of Livingston.

Please don't take this as a sleight - Livi aren't at all easy on the eye but they totally just barrel through teams and are as effective as it comes. I genuinely wish we were more like that.

I can see how away fans see us as being uneasy on the eye, same goes for opposition players playing us, they must hate it because of the way we play against them, but that is exactly what we want. Who wants teams to like playing us. I absolutely love how we play, millions of miles ahead of the tippy tappy going nowhere shite we used to play under Hughes.

It also continues to get us underestimated, season after season we've done this now and every season we are written off as being hard working and organised, but nothing much to worry about.