Livi v St Mirren

Bit of a squeaky bum ending but very good result considering the absentees. St Mirren showed a lot of fight at 2-0 down. Looked good coming forward but lacking a goalscorer. I'd back them to stay up this season.

Thought we looked more comfortable after Savane replaced McMillan. Think he'll be a quality player for us once he gets used to the Scottish game. Nicky D, Johnny G and Erskine all played well. Dykes looked a bit knackered compared to usual but still very effective.

What a start to the season! Get well soon Gaz.

Bit of a grind that one. We looked better going forward in the first half. Really happy for the Squid setting up the second goal. St. Mirren really pushed us in that second half. They could’ve snatched a point.

Cracking finish from Magennis. If I remember rightly he came off the bench against us at the end of last season and looked really bright?

28 minutes ago, crispy said:

Bit of a grind that one. We looked better going forward in the first half. Really happy for the Squid setting up the second goal. St. Mirren really pushed us in that second half. They could’ve snatched a point.

Cracking finish from Magennis. If I remember rightly he came off the bench against us at the end of last season and looked really bright?

Magennis came through along with Morgan, Mallan and McAllister. They've all had their big moves, albeit McAllister is back, and the way he's started this season I think we'll struggle to keep him in January. 

Poor first half from us, we did nothing and couldn’t control the ball at all. Defending for the corner was abysmal, free header pretty much in the 6 yard box. That boys run up for corner looks ridiculous regardless of whether he puts it straight on Lithgow’s dome each time. MacKenzie got beaten to every header today, was miles away from the ball each time he went up. Second half we were far better, should’ve gone down our right more often as McGinn/McAllister were getting in each time. Livi centre halves blocked everything and anything. Obika’s first touch today was hopeless everything bounced off him.
The ref lost the plot today in what was not a bad tempered match with any sort of nasty challenges. The left back that came on took a dive right in front of the linesman & the free kick for 2 Livi players getting in each other’s way being his peak decisions.

4 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Poor first half from us, we did nothing and couldn’t control the ball at all. Defending for the corner was abysmal, free header pretty much in the 6 yard box. That boys run up for corner looks ridiculous regardless of whether he puts it straight on Lithgow’s dome each time. MacKenzie got beaten to every header today, was miles away from the ball each time he went up. Second half we were far better, should’ve gone down our right more often as McGinn/McAllister were getting in each time. Livi centre halves blocked everything and anything. Obika’s first touch today was hopeless everything bounced off him.
The ref lost the plot today in what was not a bad tempered match with any sort of nasty challenges. The left back that came on took a dive right in front of the linesman & the free kick for 2 Livi players getting in each other’s way being his peak decisions.

I lost count of how many times Obika ran through one of our players after they got the ball up the pitch too, ref didn't even book him, just kept giving us fouls.

Thought Dykes was mince first half, was going through the motions most times and not putting in an effort, fair play to him 2nd half though, and got our vital 2nd goal.

St Mirren were getting a lot of joy down the left wing with nobody covering the diagonal ball, our 2nd goal was against the run of play but well taken, we could even have had another couple on the counter, fantastic result to open up a wee gap on the teams likely to be down the bottom end of the table. 

The international break has come at a good time for us, gives us a chance to get some players back fit for our next game.

Pittman is a monumental loss. I quite like Erskine but he doesn’t have anywhere near the same energy as him.

Big shoes for Crawford to fill today too. Wasn’t too impressed with him during the cup games but he looked not bad against Forfar.

A win today would be a great result considering the circumstances.

I think we played better today than we have all season.
I think Crawford must be a size 12 with that show today

Great result - no fearin oabdy

Pretty sure it was McLaughlin that lost lithgow at the corner.

Ball didn’t fall for us at all today if a it had we would have walked away with the 3 points pretty much dominated the full 2nd half but for a few breaks up the park by Livy.

Was pathetic by their assistant/manager to even try his best to waste time as well but you wouldn’t expect anything else from a convicted criminal

Ball didn’t fall for us at all today if a it had we would have walked away with the 3 points pretty much dominated the full 2nd half but for a few breaks up the park by Livy.

Was pathetic by their assistant/manager to even try his best to waste time as well but you wouldn’t expect anything else from a convicted criminal

Dry them mate

5 minutes ago, Livilegends said:

I think we played better today than we have all season.
I think Crawford must be a size 12 with that show today

Great result - no fearin oabdy

Genuinely thought today was the worst we've played all season but showed a bit of grit and determination to hold onto it whereas we haven't in prior games

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

hahahahahhaa fucking seethe 

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

emoji23.png the standard expected reply when you mention the truth about martindale.

My eyes are bone dry I’m still very confident goody will have us finishing above Livy and a few others this season.

Cool story mate, we should've had another couple of goals today too..

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Genuinely thought today was the worst we've played all season but showed a bit of grit and determination to hold onto it whereas we haven't in prior games

Yep, a first choice starting XI would've been at least 3 up in the first half, but this team showed character and determination to get the 3 points.