Livi v St Mirren

Same team as last week I suspect but with a far more attacking attitude. Still play deep to allow space in opposition half but getting up the park quicker and in numbers. Ilkay isn't the greatest at defending but great attacking so expect more from him today. McAllister is either great or poor so will be on the bench until he gets some consistency. Chance for Obika/Morais to step up as both are now a bit fitter and know their team mates a bit more. Away win.

13 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It's not the content, it's the absolute unrelenting, never-ending spiel of 'tickets bad, GLS bad man, he say he fix'.

It's a shite ticketing system for all of us, he's the only person who constantly whines about it.

St Mirren deserve to be whined at for their ticketing system. It’s fcuking pish, and has been for a long time. Rather than moan about it on a forum, contact the club - well, I did, prior to last season when renewing my ST online was more difficult than achieving Brexit. Fast-forward an entire year, and I had the same issues. Had to go to the stadium from Cumbernauld to renew an ST in person, because it STILL wouldn’t work online. An entire year after raising issues directly with the club, and the useless piece of shit still wasn’t working?

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Same team as last week I suspect but with a far more attacking attitude. Still play deep to allow space in opposition half but getting up the park quicker and in numbers. Ilkay isn't the greatest at defending but great attacking so expect more from him today. McAllister is either great or poor so will be on the bench until he gets some consistency. Chance for Obika/Morais to step up as both are now a bit fitter and know their team mates a bit more. Away win.

Would be surprised if we did not go two up front. 

Bought them, its block L east stand for anyone else.

Easy peasy modern ticketing system, well done Livi. Sure there’s other clubs around who could learn from that...

17 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Livi are well organised and are better than people think. This will be a difficult game. I only hope we are on top of our game and ready for a hard 90+ minutes. 

Reading comments from Goodwin i'm not sure you are. Seems to think he's had hard games against Aberdeen and Hibs (the better teams in the league) and can take the shackles off against us, and his players are looking forward to getting more time on the ball to be able to get forward and go at it against us. 

Has he not watched Livi the last few seasons, our midfield give opposition players very little time on the ball. Going to be an interesting game if he thinks Livi are a soft touch.

Seen so many comments about how poor county’s defence was, while they were extremely pish, our pressing and set up never gave them a minute to settle. Think their 1st bit of sustained possession was in in the 44th minute. Somehow it seems like we’re still being underestimated again, which is always good for us.

2 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Seen so many comments about how poor county’s defence was, while they were extremely pish, our pressing and set up never gave them a minute to settle. Think their 1st bit of sustained possession was in in the 44th minute. Somehow it seems like we’re still being underestimated again, which is always good for us.

Livie played a blinder would not take that away from you. 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Reading comments from Goodwin i'm not sure you are. Seems to think he's had hard games against Aberdeen and Hibs (the better teams in the league) and can take the shackles off against us, and his players are looking forward to getting more time on the ball to be able to get forward and go at it against us. 

Has he not watched Livi the last few seasons, our midfield give opposition players very little time on the ball. Going to be an interesting game if he thinks Livi are a soft touch.

You don't know JG very well then.😉

Who is underestimating Livi?

Livi should have been 3 or 4 up against the Saintees before drawing 2-2.

Also having just spanked County we need to be on our toes from the first whistle.

The warning signs for us are there but doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking to have a go too.

Will be interesting to see how we play today. We have been set up to contain and frustrate Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers.

45 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Agree it's a hard one who to drop. 

Given the way Livi press, I don't think we'll be giving them a man advantage in midfield. If we're still in, or chasing the game, with 25 to go, I think a shift to 4-4-2 might be a good shout.

Gary Holt missing this one as he's been in hospital the past few days. Doesn't sound like anything serious and just illness, hopefully takes training next week after a good win.

Martindale taking the team for today's game, 8-0 Livi (absolutely nothing to do with the players' water tasting different).

Edited by LiviLion