Sevco and the mystery of the missing posters V Treble Treble winners

Quite a paddlin' for Rangers yesterday. Players outfought on the park, and the manager out thought by Lennon off it. After Celtic went ahead there never really looked like any danger of things changing. It was a bit like watching Celtic in Europe when up against a decent side in recent years. Let them have plenty of the ball in areas they knew they could defend from, and then hit on the break as soon as things broke down. Given the money being spent on that Rangers first 11 it must be a hell of a worry for the money men, as they don't seem to be any closer than they have been at any point in the last 4 years.

I was expecting a tighter game, but Rangers could still have been playing that game and wouldn’t have scored. They seem to want to mess around with a million passes and then walk the ball into the net, which ultimately means they lose possession. 

On paper that was a bang average Celtic team, especially defensively and they looked good! Even that Boli guy who I’ve saw get a lot of stick 

if I was a betting man I’d put Celtic to win another treble and to win the league by more than 5 points 

22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I was expecting a tighter game, but Rangers could still have been playing that game and wouldn’t have scored. They seem to want to mess around with a million passes and then walk the ball into the net, which ultimately means they lose possession. 

On paper that was a bang average Celtic team, especially defensively and they looked good! Even that Boli guy who I’ve saw get a lot of stick 

if I was a betting man I’d put Celtic to win another treble and to win the league by more than 5 points 

Up until that second goal, both sides were incapable of stringing passes together. It was a really poor game. 

As you said, Celtic were good at the back, don't think Julien lost a single "battle" in the air. Mentioned it earlier in the thread, but that second goal came down to the fact McGregor made the rash decision to punt the ball long. Was such a daft thing to do, didn't even hit an angle, literally straight to Julien who was able to start the counter attack. Boli looked really comfortable, maybe not the most technical, but dealt with everything that came to him. Also won Celtic a number of free kicks which broke up any rhythm Rangers tried to get into. 

On yesterdays showing, would expect them to win the league by at least 10-15 points. 

Not sure what has really changed for Sevco at the back.   Celtics first goal was like the winner at Parkhead in the 2-1 win.   Try to play it out wide down the right from defence, lose posession and Celtic immediately counter.  The 2 centres are marking no one, just playing the area with not one of them remotely close to Edouard.  From that point on they are just chasing.  Very like the lead up to the eventual goal (by Forrest) that won the game I mentioned.  Same old same old from what I can see for all their hype around signings.

Yep, on early evidence, Rangers have definitely regressed since last season.  Losing Kent seems to be a bit of a blow for them.  They looked utterly clueless yesterday.  Arfield, Davis and Jack are basically the same type of player.

Celtic look up for it and will probably steamroller the league if they keep Edouard, Julien and Christie fit.

Just received two videos via WhatsApp.  The first shows Morelos, yes the same Morelos, who does not have a discipline problem but rather is targeted by referees and the media, deliberately stamping of Julien's foot before turning to the ref to play victim after Julien shoves him away.  The second shows a rather tragic bunch waiting outside of ibrox for the Celtic team to leave for one to ask Scott Brown how his sister is.   I get that Broony has that entire club in his back pocket but f**k me that's disgraceful. 

Seven years of unsurpassed dignity indeed.