Forfar vs Clyde

Somebody get the clips of the number 2's tackle on Lamont, the number 5 clearly heading the ball out for a corner (his view is completely unobstructed!), and the nonsense with Mitchell/Tapping sent to the SFA, and get this imposter sent to the scrapheap. 

I couldn't give a toss what the rules say. If there are to be straight reds given out for one footed tackles which take ball before man, even if the man comes with it and irrespective of whether studs are shown, the game has become unduly prohibitive of competitiveness. We've gone soft, in order words.

And spare me any piety about wrecklessness, force, player safety and such keech; I take it as read that you all have different opinions.

Edited by Sao Paulo

two good weeks for us , so maybe we can park all the established league 1 and were not here to compete with this team rhetoric , we really dont need to fear any team in the league look at the results so far , we have some cracking players , hands up I thought the defence was awful pleased to see they are proving me wrong (again[emoji16])

two home games coming up so chance to get some real momentum going

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

two good weeks for us , so maybe we can park all the established league 1 and were not here to compete with this team rhetoric , we really dont need to fear any team in the league look at the results so far , we have some cracking players , hands up I thought the defence was awful pleased to see they are proving me wrong (againemoji16.png)

two home games coming up so chance to get some real momentum going

There is nothing to fear in this league beyond Falkirk and Raith away. After that it is whoever can get a good run going at the right time in the season.

A decent point, with a right to feel two others went walkies based on the second-half showing. McStay had his best game since v Edinburgh in February, for me, and the centre of defence now shows real growth, to the extent even McNiff gave a few runs down the left circa last season.

An addition or two (not necessarily tonight, given our tight budget) and there's something to build on now. The fact Johnston and Wallace have been ommitted twice now suggests they've a job on breaking the side up, something Lennon stuck to rigidly last season from January onwards.

Danny's changed it a bit to first of all make us harder to beat, understandable after the start we've had.  We're playing deeper & it's also helped having Lyons and Howie come on to a game.  First half Forfar were decent on the ball, rarely wasted it, moved it around well but couldn't get in behind us so we didn't really look like conceding.

Only thing with that being a big gap developed between midfield and DGW so we ended up launching a few up for him to chase without much in the way of back up. The idea was that Love & Smith were playing wide of him with Lamont supporting but they were back helping out the defence, so there were only a few spells where the whole team were more advanced.   Second half started that way also, DGW puts in a power of work but you could see he was getting frustrated by being so isolated.   Even when someone did get forward to put in a cross there was only maybe one or two to aim at, but it's a hard shift for the midfield playing that way.   As the game went on and with the introduction of Johnstone, we did push up more and started to control things from there.

It's a work in progress & early in the season.  We had to stop shipping the goals & give ourselves something to build on which we've done.  As the defence gels with every game, it should help build confidence to play a bit further forward, unless the worry is leaving a gap down our left hand side.  But plenty of effort as usual, looked more solid and on chances alone should probably have nicked the 3 points.   

The ref though, Christ almighty.  The idea is you only flip a coin to decide the kick off, no for every decision !