Forfar vs Clyde

7 minutes ago, clyde_darren said:

I thought it was a back 4 of:
Lyon, Howie, Rumsby, McNiff.
With Petkov in a deep midfield role and Love as a left mid but constantly moving into a defensive position allowing McNiff to get tighter to the other centre halves. It depends on your view of the game and everyone has their own opinions but I reckon it was 4 at the back with Love/Smith providing plenty of help to McNiff down that side.

Thats what I saw it as:

Mitchell
Lyon Howie Rumsby McNiff
McStay Petkov Lamont Grant Love
Goodwillie

Definitely a back four, and what's more it was a back four for the entire game whereas usually it would fluctuate to a three in possession. I don't think Lyon or McNiff went forward more than a couple of times in open play. Four across the middle with McStay/Love detailed to track their full-backs. You could argue either way as to whether Lamont was up front or in midfield; he played off Goodwillie exceptionally well either way.

4 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Cuddihy if fit into midfield or move mcstay in and play Ross Lyon ahead that's if we stick with the back 3

45 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

3 5 2

Who were the 'two'? 

Love, the only viable 'other' forward, i grant you played almost entirely defensively on the left.

2 hours ago, clyde_darren said:

Hopefully with Petkov out we’ll get clearance for the two new guys and if Lang is happening then hopefully we can get all 3 sorted for Saturday.

Pretty sure a dunfermline fan was on last week saying they have injuries at centre half so I imagine it won’t be happening. 

First trip to Forfar myself on Saturday and looking forward to it. 

Saturday should give us a huge boost of confidence, but Forfar will be another big test as I expect them to be challenging for the play offs. 

A draw would be fine, I said after the first 4 games that 4 points would be a good return, although I didn’t expect to get it. Hope we can kick on. 

33 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

How is parking around the stadium? 

Shouldn't be a problem. Smallish car park next to turnstiles, but more space if you turn up John Street. There's a car park on the left but for the full Forfar experience turn right at the end, cross a cattle grid and drive up to the back of the stand area.

Well I'll trust in Danny & Alan for how we set up and approach the game. Masterstroke last week and hopefully we've adapted to League 1 football now and push on. Really looking forward to the game on Saturday, travelling down from Sutherland via Inverness, then onto Aberdeen (family) then East Kilbride (family), and back up to Forfar.................if I hadn't already made arrangements the Glasgow Branch bus would have been a great alternative travel from EK (just seen it on the OF)!!................

All the best for a noisy Saturday afternoon, c'mon the Mighty Bully Wee

Can you leave the west side of the ground & out on to Muir street? 

May be required to get back down the road quickly after the match & when looking Muir Street is recommended for parking & easy access back on to the A90?

Moving on to the game... fancy a difficult contest but if Wallace comes in for Petkov & we play with same tactics as Saturday we will get the 3 points. Johnston coming off the bench second half to add some creativity!

Looking forward to it!

2-0 Clyde