Forfar vs Clyde

I'd have taken a point before the game but after the second half showing its disappointing not to get all 3 but we are playing much better now than 2 weeks ago. I thought Ray Grant bossed it again today defence soaked up the pressure in the first 20 minutes, hopefully we give Queen of the South a game next week. 

To come away with a point and still disappointed goes to show how much work Danny Lennon and lads have put into improving performances. 

Playing like today or last week against Falkirk in a replay against East Fife from the first game of the season and I reckon we'd have an extra 2 points in the table. 

It's all part of learning the league and improving I suppose. 

Disappointed we never left with all 3 points after the chance that Smith missed. (Stirling must have been guff the last few seasons if they think he’s a decent player btw!). 

0-0 but really enjoyed the match. Some nice football played by both sides. Reckon both will finish in the top half. 

I like it up in Forfar. Decent pubs, decent ground & decent scran, however, next time please don’t spit on any Clyde flags. Grotty buggers. 

2 minutes ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Disappointed we never left with all 3 points after the chance that Smith missed. (Stirling must have been guff the last few seasons if they think he’s a decent player btw!). 

0-0 but really enjoyed the match. Some nice football played by both sides. Reckon both will finish in the top half. 

Would echo that , good match despite the weather and no goals. How the guy missed the chance on the line will never know. We started well but by the end we’re hanging on for the point. Goalkeeper and defence are maintaining standards but going forward we are not right at the moment.

I like it up in Forfar. Decent pubs, decent ground & decent scran, however, next time please don’t spit on any Clyde flags. Grotty buggers. 
Out of order anybody that starts that shite.

Clyde really should have won that: which is a credit to the players and staff. Quite the progression then from Airdrie and Raith (A). 

Looking forward to the next two games at Broadwood.

Edited by TheBigGuy

Didn't make the game, but a good point if looked at against the background of our season to date. Stunning to draw a blank with that much attacking quality in our side but it does happen and was probably due in law of averages terms.

Rumsby and Howie drawing plaudits. Did they have to deal with dynamic forwards yesterday, unlike against Falkirk? And were they challenged when rising for headers?

7 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

Didn't make the game, but a good point if looked at against the background of our season to date. Stunning to draw a blank with that much attacking quality in our side but it does happen and was probably due in law of averages terms.

Rumsby and Howie drawing plaudits. Did they have to deal with dynamic forwards yesterday, unlike against Falkirk? And were they challenged when rising for headers?

They were challenged a bit more than last week, what I would say is that Rumsby made an absolutely superb last ditch tackle in the second half. It really was a Barry Drummond v Winstons grand son Joe's moment instead of absolutely owning his opponent.

Howie was also on the recieving end of an absolutely shocking challenge from Tapping which I can only imagine didn't yield a red card because it was in the opening mins. First of many awful calls from Mckendrick. Was down injured for a few mins so done well to get through the rest of the game. Would've been absolute scenes if he scored that volley at the end :lol:

Edited by C. Muir

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

They were challenged a bit more than last week, what I would say is that Rumsby made an absolutely superb last ditch tackle in the second half. It really was a Barry Drummond v Winstons grand son Joe's moment instead of absolutely owning his opponent.

Howie was also on the recieving end of an absolutely shocking challenge from Tapping which I can only imagine didn't yield a red card because it was in the opening mins. First of many awful calls from Mckendrick. Was down injured for a few mins so done well to get through the rest of the game. Would've been absolute scenes if he scored that volley at the end :lol:

Aye, just watched the highlights there. Looked good; very similar to last week. We were clearly given a good few opportunities to play out from the back and I didn't see much harrying or pulling apart of our defenders in the edit. That would seem to add up. If you let us play, we're the same good footballing team we were last season.

19 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

Hilson's movement is very good (first time I've seen him play I think) but the bigger issue to deal with was midfield runners early in the game, some excellent last ditch blocks/tackles. And the one in the second half that CM mentions.

They weren't challenged much in the air, but Forfar didn't play the ball in the air much. They brought Currie on and went a bit more direct towards him and they dealt with it fine.

No doubt they're being helped with us playing a very tight back four. It'll be interesting to see how we do against Stranraer when we need to be a bit more open.

3 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

That was my 2nd visit to station park and I've got to say its a cracking wee ground. One thing of note though, very disappointing that their is no gate for students, I cant think of any other teams ground in Scotland that doesn't have a student gate. 

I'm pretty sure Alloa don't. Or at least they didn't a season or so back.

6 minutes ago, David W said:

No doubt they're being helped with us playing a very tight back four. It'll be interesting to see how we do against Stranraer when we need to be a bit more open.

Aye, the 'contraction' we get with Love and McStay or Smith's cover is helpful. And Lyon's been a wise shuffle into right-back. I thought he mightn't be aggressive enough to own it; and maybe he won't be. But he accelerates as quickly as any winger he's come up against, which compensates. Add in that he's using the ball as well as Cuddihy and it's as though we've got a readymade replacement. His work rate and how quickly he appears to have learned the positional discipline reflects well on him too. A player I'd have let go in the summer as well.