Forfar vs Clyde

Just seen the stats on Sky. 15 attempts to Forfar’s 6. Does that reflect how the game went ? 

Draw away at Forfar is a good result. Pleasing to keep another clean sheet given our terrible start to the season defensively. Encouraging last couple of weeks. 

Struggled first half playing into a driving wind and rain. Forfar battered the bar with a free-kick and were threatening around our box until the last five minutes which we had at the other end.

Second half was basically all Clyde and we really should have scored. 

Good performances across the pitch again, Howie edging Rumsby as MotM for me but McStay and Grant were all over their midfield second half.

Don't know how Forfar number 8 didn't get sent off, or subbed. Honking.

Guest bernardblack
Docherty was outstanding.

I have no issues with his defending, excellent there. But I think we missed an overlapping left back to create a bit of space for Kirkpatrick

12 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I have no issues with his defending, excellent there. But I think we missed an overlapping left back to create a bit of space for Kirkpatrick

Kirkpatrick was playing at the top of the diamond. The lack of  width was a major problem for us.

Impressed with Clyde though very dangerous going forward and completely dominated the midfield second half.

No idea what that formation was all about today.

Agree Docherty has a great football brain and has to play there atm.

The back 4 won the point for us with some excellent last gasp defending.

1st half playing with the wind JW must have wished we had Forbes on, no width at all cost us dearly.

Can't believe Forbes wasn't in the starting eleven. Clearly JW had a plan and the set up looked good at the start. Some tremendous defending and Docherty was excellent as was Meechan. Glad to see Robertson settling in and taking control. Great close play at the edge of the box but where are the goals going to come from? Clyde showed some nice touches and were unlucky not to score. The goalmouth pinball was quite something. Few over hit passes stopped some good Forfar play. Suppose a fair result overall and another good team effort.

15 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Can't believe Forbes wasn't in the starting eleven. Clearly JW had a plan and the set up looked good at the start. Some tremendous defending and Docherty was excellent as was Meechan. Glad to see Robertson settling in and taking control. Great close play at the edge of the box but where are the goals going to come from? Clyde showed some nice touches and were unlucky not to score. The goalmouth pinball was quite something. Few over hit passes stopped some good Forfar play. Suppose a fair result overall and another good team effort.

Apart from Hilson you would have to say Forbes looks to have goals, Jacko just isn't clicking with Hilson and the new guy looked to be very similar to Matty (early days but), thought Kirky was sloppy in possession today, sometimes wonder if he should be up top with Dale.

Overall a good point to take home against a decent Forfar side.

I thought first half we struggled and forfar dominated with the wind at their backs. Saying that, they only threatened once or twice including the free kick that rattled the bar.

Second half Forfar didnt really trouble us and we should've scored at the goal mouth scramble. On the balance of it we should've edged it probably.

Overall it's another clean sheet and a good point away from home. Good to see us improving week by week now. Well done to Danny and the team.

And good to see another healthy away support from us. Long may it continue 🇾🇪

Pretty even game for me. Clyde looked decent and should have scored at least once.

We need a left back

Need a left back?

Thought Docherty was man of the match at left back today personally.

Overall pleased with a draw the way the second half panned out.

Weir just doesn’t have it in him to change things when they aren’t going our way.

Marc McCallum outstanding today yet again, continuously digging us out of holes.

Onto tricky opposition next week against East Fife, hopefully back to winning ways. Need a win sooner rather than later with a few tricky fixtures in the coming weeks.

15 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Apart from Hilson you would have to say Forbes looks to have goals, Jacko just isn't clicking with Hilson and the new guy looked to be very similar to Matty (early days but), thought Kirky was sloppy in possession today, sometimes wonder if he should be up top with Dale.

The Hilson Jackson pairing keeps threatening to really take off once or twice a game but you're right, it isn't what it should/could be. Even with a couple of over hit passes I think Kirkpatrick is classy. Here's hoping Currie gets the chance to crack in a few goals. Soon! I'm guessing this might mean Jackson stepping down? Maybe no bad thing as he still seems a bit out of condition.

Guest bernardblack

As much as I like all three players, I don’t think Robertson, Irvine and Tapping can all play at once. Hopefully Forbes is back in next week

Disappointed not to take all 3 points. First 20 minutes we were pinned in with a mixture of weather conditions and Hilson dictating things but once Ray got going the threat was snuffed out. He really is a class act.

Fair play to the referee and assistants for a truly torrid performance. The booking for a “studs up” challenge wasn’t even the worst “studs up”, over the ball challenge in the match. How the second wasn’t deemed a free kick at all was baffling. Tapping, on a yellow, deliberately fouling Mitchell when trying to release the ball, and succeeded in doing so; wasn’t noticed as no official was even looking at the ball/ where the play was.

As mentioned by David W, at points he seemed to just be guessing.

58 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Disappointed not to take all 3 points. First 20 minutes we were pinned in with a mixture of weather conditions and Hilson dictating things but once Ray got going the threat was snuffed out. He really is a class act.

Fair play to the referee and assistants for a truly torrid performance. The booking for a “studs up” challenge wasn’t even the worst “studs up”, over the ball challenge in the match. How the second wasn’t deemed a free kick at all was baffling. Tapping, on a yellow, deliberately fouling Mitchell when trying to release the ball, and succeeded in doing so; wasn’t noticed as no official was even looking at the ball/ where the play was.

As mentioned by David W, at points he seemed to just be guessing.

Goodwillie got halved on the half way line in the first half, played on as we had the ball but how the Forfar player wasn’t booked was incredible. The most obvious booking you’ll ever see. 

Hilson was forfars best player I thought, he looked dangerous going forward. 

Bit disappointed not to win it but said before the game a point would be a good one, so can’t complain too much. Defensively very sound again, Howie and rumsby seem to be forming a good partnership. 

That referee was absolutely woeful, as was the linesman on our side.