East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

Very much a test of our away form. Think Beast Fife will be a lot more threatening than Montrose so could see this one being quite a high scoring game, a 2-3 affair or the like though don’t ask to which side!

1 hour ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

The fact that Raith have the same centre backs from last season makes me a lot more confident that we can do this mob again. What has happened to Mendy? Wasn’t he meant to be some sort of footballing god plucked from the French 5th division or something.

Stop gibbering shite as per!

Hard to say how this will go. Obviously we are an absolute shambles away from home, that goes without saying.

Then you factor in our woeful performances last season against The Fife, and the fact that have Agnew.

But, on the other hand they also have Jordan Hart, which could be our trump card.

3 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Are these made up scorers and trophy wins meant to be funny? 

The 4 major trophy wins are real, but feel free to add in any fantasy scorers, ie a 50 year old danny lennon run, or a julian brodle penalty! 

Such a tough one to call this one. Both sides playing well with squads that can hurt each other. I think this will all be down to the midfield battle, and I wouldn't be surprised if Darren tinkers a little with the system to get an extra midfielder in there or ask Wallace to drop deeper when we're out of position. We'll need to be on Hendry and Spencer for the full 90, and Aggy can be a bit more luxurious in style than Davidson, so either Davo will have to work his arse off or we will see a bit of a change. Otherwise keep everything the same, with Long back in goals. I fancy a score draw in this one, 2-2, Sean Paliczka at the double. 

A bad tempered epic 2-2 - alan mckenzie overhead kick and gordon brown (pen) cancelling out the dwarika hat trick

Looking forward to it though, a draw shouldn't be the limit of our ambitions here but 10 points from the first 5 games minus Vaughan and Dingwall would've been seen as decent at the outset.

This fixture has slowly made it’s way up to Cowdenbeath away levels of derby interest. Kudos to East Fife for that.

We horsed them 5-0 in my first visit, then scored a last minute winner in my second visit. If I get my act together and buy a ticket for this one I’ll expect another 3 points and some flying chairs.

This fixture has slowly made it’s way up to Cowdenbeath away levels of derby interest. Kudos to East Fife for that.

We horsed them 5-0 in my first visit, then scored a last minute winner in my second visit. If I get my act together and buy a ticket for this one I’ll expect another 3 points and some flying chairs.

Unless you’ve got another birthday party to attend.

Unless you’ve got another birthday party to attend.

Obviously. Just checked the calendar and it will not surprise you to know, the wife has scribbled a birthday party in there for 1.30pm.

We all like a bit of cake. I know I do. I love a bit of cake. I do! I just love cake.

In football related matters, I’m looking forward to seeing if this team has any more joy against East Fife than last season’s team.

Going forward we look better. The worry is still how the defence will cope. Not very well going by the Stranraer game, but we can only hope that was a blip. If we have another season of shitey away performances it’ll be a blow.

And when I say defence I mean how we defend as a team. I don’t want John McGoo blowing a gasket again.

Bene and Davo to get on the scoresheet to continue this trend of having multiple different goal scorers in the team. Spencer and/or Hendry with the assists....obviously. Crowd of 1,897. Final score 2-1 Rovers.