East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

Heard Matthews has a possible fractured jaw. Refused the ambulance though cause he's hard as nails.

East fife were worthy winners today. As soon as their first went in they controlled the game for the most. Our defence is awful and Allan is useless up top on his own. Was outside the stadium as the rovers squad came out. Only one that looked gutted was Spencer (he even apologised)
I noticed he leathered a water bottle when he walked off at the end and it hit Kevin Smith right in the chops. Pity he wasn't as accurate with a football.

The game was never going to be a footballing classic playing In windy conditions like that. East Fife well worth the 3 points but in typical East Fife fashion we kept the fans bitting their nails to the end. We really should have given Raith a pasting and it was hard to believe with 5 minutes to go the game was still in the balance. Raith have their defensive problems to solve as they looked so poor at the back. Even after gifting them an early lead they failed to put us under any pressure with the wind behind them. Good to see the East Fife players showing so much desire to get stuck in. Can’t get carried away only 3 points like any other win but always good to get the bragging rights after a derby win. There looks a really good balance to the East Fife team and each player knows their job. A few good players still on the bench but as long as the guys with the jerseys keep giving 110% like today, then the guys waiting in the wings can’t have much complaints.

22 hours ago, grumswall said:
23 hours ago, tazz1903 said:
Funny how you post more on the fife v rovers thread . than the rover thread  ? emoji33.png

If I could be arsed I'd go back and see you, at least twice saying you wouldn't post on any rovers thread again aswell?

Ah  my stalker replies ? enjoy the evening my friend . :thumsup2 

38 minutes ago, Dalziel8 said:

To be fair, East Fife were the better side and deserved their win. I wouldn’t be too quick to blame the defence today, even though we lost 4. I thought the front three were terrible!

They were, but when you lose three goals from set pieces it doesn't really matter what happens up front. 

Scoring two goals and not winning the game says all you need to know about how this team defends. 

Listening to John McGlynn blubbering on really warms my heart. 2 pretty soft goals for us to concede and we really should have scored more than 4.

Good for Dowds and Wallace to get on the scoresheet too. I used to dread playing a Raith but their squad is really bang average without Vaughan. Any one of those players for us yesterday would walk into that Rovers’ team.

John Mcglynns interview [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] he's away with it

Said on our match thread earlier tiday the difference between the likes of McGlynn and Stevie Crawford is just mad. Crawford was great, McGlynn.... fud.

How's Wallace and Denholm been getting on?