East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

What horrendous injury has Regan had in the past? Or Ganderson? List the players we have signed who’ve had horrendous injuries prior to joining the club.

Regan Hendry - ACL
Micheal Miller - ACL twice
Lewis Vaughan - ACL thrice
Lewis Allan - ACL

Anderson hasn’t had a horrendous injury and he’s only out for a month so I wouldn’t say that’s bad.

If this ends up a draw then the Rovers owe it to McGurn, that was an outstanding save!!!

Thought we were really poor today- so delighted with a draw.

We missed Wallace and we really need our big players Dunsmuir and Dowds to turn up- for some reason they didn’t but credit to Raith - on chances they should of probably won.

Last year we would of lost that- still undefeated.

28 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Our full strength team would beat that lot every day of the week. That was their full team today and that's why we get frustrated they were ok but nothing special. 

Yawn, Yawn

We were the better side by a distance really, East Fife had very little after their goal, obviously aside from McGurn’s good save.

Think they’re maybe placing a wee bit too much emphasis on the unbeaten run, was odd to see them shut up shop and run the clock down late on when we were dead on our feet.

We should’ve won. Jamie Gullan... no words really. Great to see us still dominating with so many injuries, but feels like a bit of a missed chance for me. Should really be three ahead of EF and five away from Falkirk this evening.

Thought we were the better team in the second half, two golden opportunities to score but didn't happen for us.  Glad Davo got MOM he well deserved it, cleared everything that came his way.  If we'd had our full team out that would have been a walk in the park but considering our injuries I'll take a point.  Spoke with Regan and he's still waiting on a scan, fingers crossed.  On a brighter note Grant Anderson should be back next week.  Early days in the league (East Fife supporters take note)🤗

Thought overall a draw was about right. Gullan should have scored but thankfully he hit the shot straight at Jordan Hart. At the opposite end McGurn made a great save from Pat Slattery.
The Rovers goal was down to poor defending of the corner with Church or Murdoch (not sure who it was) failing to get their head to the ball as it came in and Spencer had an easy tap in at the far post.
The Rovers have been hit hard with injuries and Hendry could be out for at least a few weeks if not longer. They at least have a bigger squad to cope. We had four players ruled out today which limited our option too (Bell, Smith, Duggan and Wallace. For me, Wallace was a huge miss today as he is a very clever player who brings others into the game and gives defenders a hard time. I feel for Anton just now as he seems to be carrying an injury but can’t be rested due to the other injuries.
Good to keep the unbeaten run going but we need to turn some of the draws into wins if we are to hit the top.

That was pretty poor from us today, really missed Wallace and nobody really stood out for us. Thought Rovers shaded it and still think we are trying to protect this unbeaten run. Great chance to beat a depleted Rovers side but happy with a draw, considering we were nowhere our best. Great away support! 

Thought overall a draw was about right. Gullan should have scored but thankfully he hit the shot straight at Jordan Hart. At the opposite end McGurn made a great save from Pat Slattery.
The Rovers goal was down to poor defending of the corner with Church or Murdoch (not sure who it was) failing to get their head to the ball as it came in and Spencer had an easy tap in at the far post.
The Rovers have been hit hard with injuries and Hendry could be out for at least a few weeks if not longer. They at least have a bigger squad to cope. We had four players ruled out today which limited our option too (Bell, Smith, Duggan and Wallace. For me, Wallace was a huge miss today as he is a very clever player who brings others into the game and gives defenders a hard time. I feel for Anton just now as he seems to be carrying an injury but can’t be rested due to the other injuries.
Good to keep the unbeaten run going but we need to turn some of the draws into wins if we are to hit the top.

Agree with all this.

The only part of our game that take any credit today was our central defence and goalkeeper- again.

All our problems were offensively today. For me my biggest concern is our midfield- past few weeks we have looked slow- caught on the ball- dominated and not getting the ball to the front men quick enough.

Said before when we are struggling there don’t know why we don’t put Murdoch in and play Janny at RB?

TBF Different East Fife team from the one i seen at bayview in the first game but have they peaked so to speak and are starting to level out ?Think they were there for the taking but i think Mcglynn was over cautious in bringing baird on too late. More of points dropped for Rovers in my opinion but to considering our injury list a point wasnt to bad. Any word regarding Hendry?