East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

We'd have to hope Anderson gets a knock or something this weekend, otherwise I'm sure him and McKay will be reasonable. Davidson is so hot and cold against us I'm not sure if its good or bad that he's out. Anyway, we've a game on Saturday before this to focus on!

This is the problem...do you play SAndo versus Dumbarton. His injury was given as 2-3 weeks , which is back for Dumbarton or EF, but there are considerations. If he’s being rushed, we risk losing him again and facing you lot without any “experienced” CB’s. If he’s not back, we face the Sons the same way. It’s not a pretty picture, either way, the Sons are scoring and you aren’t, but I’m pretty sure you’re a larger title threat than them.

Should be a decent game. Level on points and only 1 goal separating both teams. Our backline should look a bit more stable with Bene returning and McGlynn confident SAndo will be fit as well. Matthews will also be available.

2-1 Rovers. Crowd of 2100.

We have failed to hit the net in our last 3 league games in Methil. Hope we have been saving them all for this game. We had a wobble 3 or 4 weeks ago when we lost to B. S. C. Glasgow then put in a horrific performance at Airdrie. Then Ryan Wallace comes back in and we have picked up 7 points in our last three games Since he returned.  He can moan but he gets a lot out of his team mates by demanding a lot from them. Raith have shown over the last couple of seasons that they are vulnerable on the road. We have only lost one of our last 6 derbies against them . With home advantage and no silly mistakes at the back unlike the first two derbies I think the boys have nothing to fear. We’ve had a few chances to go top this season but never took them , could Saturday finally be our day.

I fear for us if I’m being honest, the fife have been the best team for me this season. We are seriously struggling. What’s worst we’re in the clocks back Rovers zone with suspensions and a hideous injury list. Play like we have the last 6 weeks then we’re done for. Ok yea before I get a mouthful we haven’t lost a lot of matches within the clocks back time frame. But yesterday’s match reinforced to me this downward spiral. I hope Davo never kicks a ball in anger for us again. But I know that’ll never happen. If Anderson is fit for this then he should start CB with McKay. What’s the situation with Miller. Is he still a long shot to be fit.

Our missing list for this should, unless anything changes, be down to Michael Miller, Iain Davidson, Dan Armstrong and Lewis Vaughan. Now granted, all four would play in our strongest XI, but it’s been a while since we’ve ‘only’ had four out.

Our biggest issue right now is underperforming attackers. Gullan, Baird, Allan, Bowie, Anderson and Dingwall aren’t really offering much of anything. Jack Smith was a bit of a bright spark yesterday when he came on, I’m very wary of overestimating young players based on ten minutes but he has pace and does pressing that Allan/Baird just aren’t capable of. Based on everything we know about John McGlynn, he won’t suddenly start Smith but it should be considered for me. Baird and Allan aren’t playing well and aren’t scoring goals.

I don’t think we’ve had our three midfielders of Spencer, Hendry and Matthews available since our last visit to New Bayview when Matthews got injured, so it’ll be interesting to see what McGlynn does with that. I don’t think the system we were playing early season was working too well (two defeats from four playing it, two in the 14 since) but I have a suspicion we might end up back at it.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Our missing list for this should, unless anything changes, be down to Michael Miller, Iain Davidson, Dan Armstrong and Lewis Vaughan. Now granted, all four would play in our strongest XI, but it’s been a while since we’ve ‘only’ had four out.

Our biggest issue right now is underperforming attackers. Gullan, Baird, Allan, Bowie, Anderson and Dingwall aren’t really offering much of anything. Jack Smith was a bit of a bright spark yesterday when he came on, I’m very wary of overestimating young players based on ten minutes but he has pace and does pressing that Allan/Baird just aren’t capable of. Based on everything we know about John McGlynn, he won’t suddenly start Smith but it should be considered for me. Baird and Allan aren’t playing well and aren’t scoring goals.

I don’t think we’ve had our three midfielders of Spencer, Hendry and Matthews available since our last visit to New Bayview when Matthews got injured, so it’ll be interesting to see what McGlynn does with that. I don’t think the system we were playing early season was working too well (two defeats from four playing it, two in the 14 since) but I have a suspicion we might end up back at it.

I think the attacking options on the pitch yesterday were all really intended to be a supporting cast for Vaughan. Decent League 1 players but nobody who could really be the focal point for a team going for promotion. 

After losing Vaughan, we had to supply goals throughout the team,and the full backs playing in that system were crucial to that. We lost Miller over a month ago, and for the last 1 and a bit games have now lost McDonald from the left hand side.

The lack of any physical prescence or pace up front has prevented us playing direct, so all we could do was attempt to keep the ball and force an opening. Was never going to happen yesterday. 

Mcglynn built the squad around keeping Hendry and Vaughan fit,signing players to compliment them (in my opinion). Had we been able to keep Vaughan fit, I reckon we'd win the league. We haven't, and it's slowly started to show the limitations in the squad. 

Hopefully on Saturday we have at least McDonald playing in his natural position. I'd even be inclined to have A. N Other trying to play as right wing back, with Mckay, Anderson and Bene in the middle. 

I wonder if East Fife try and kick Hendry off the park like the last time

I would say Toddy obviously meant the last game Hendry played against TMM in which was at Naeview not the one at Starks which incidentally came only 24 hours after he'd injured his own knee in training to save East Fife the trouble.

Higgins is such a thug choir boy he never ever kicks anyone,🙄

I would say Toddy obviously meant the last game Hendry played against TMM in which was at Naeview not the one at Starks which incidentally came only 24 hours after he'd injured his own knee in training to save East Fife the trouble.
Higgins is such a thug choir boy he never ever kicks anyone,[emoji849]

This game where your team got 5 yellows... Screenshot_20191222_154154_eu.livesport.FlashScores_co_uk.jpeg

Few Raith fans don't sound too confident on here due to injuries. Think we should just go at raith s fragile defence, that tactic has worked well for us the last couple of seasons. Always a bit worried the pace of Armstrong & Vaughn would catch us on the counter if we did, but they both seem to be missing for this one. Anderson has definitely steadied the Raith defence though, will he be 100%?

Don't know how you could say we're a dirty team. (you finished with 9 men against Airdrie!) We try to play football, but we're no one trick pony and can fight if need be.

For that comment alone, I hope we smash yous. 2-0 Fife