East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

9 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

what one are you?

A few Fife worthies in that particular pub post match. Wee Drew had the Fife support at twa thoosind while Stephen Clark was checking how many Fife fans were needing picked up from the cells...

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Thought the atmosphere was pretty poor and much better at the Falkirk game with 150 odd less of a crowd

That is fucking pathetic, have a word with yourself Frank!!!

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

We were indeed. Only had Victoria, Smith, Vaughan, Dingwall and Thomson missing that day. S. Anderson, Baird and Armstrong still to sign at that point too. But aye apart from that we were full strength...

Well stop singing fucking cripples then.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

They could make a wee A cappella band and go for Christmas number 1.

They cannae get a number one, he’d just get injured!!!

Offft. My heid hurts. Drinking from 9 in the morning is nae a gid idea.

Good day out yesterday. Thought the fitba was pretty rubbish overall, Boyd's goal was fucking brilliant but my god we miss Wallace. Tonks was not good yesterday so we needed someone else to be holding the ball up and we just didn't have it. Our midfield to front just didn't click yesterday. As much as Raith deserved it, the goal we conceded was very sloppy. Rovers will be gutted not to have taken 3 points, had at least two huge chances in the second half to wrap that up. I think there are positives for both sides there though. We managed to get a point with a pretty poor performance, and Rovers looked solid with half their team missing. That draw and Falkirk losing has tightened this league right up though, both of us will have to keep the momentum.
Fair do's to the young team up the back yesterday also. Been a while since I've been able to stand and sing for 90 minutes, good atmosphere in the away end. I'm off to have about a million coffees to see this hangover off...

Edited by Big Fifer

16 hours ago, troy said:

Raith are full time should they not be beating East Fife comfortably. Not bothered about who you played your full time you still only got a point same as East Fife. 

Rovers have a mix of full  and part time players. Most part time teams in the division have players on loan who are training full time. I believe your goalscorer today is one of them. If you look at teams such as Alloa and Arbroath who are holding there own in a league above, it proves that at lower league level when you add in loan players from the premier league and players recently released from full time teams with a core of top end semi pro's, the difference is very small if anything. It's not like all the east fife players have just finished a 12 hour shift down the pit whilst the multi millionaire rovers players are at home in there mansions. 

Really dissapointed not to win that. Hardly vintage football on display, but thought we were the better side and I think the reaction of EF at the full time tells all. 

Considering the injuries, I thought we were pretty good. Should have been 2 or 3 in the second half alone, but poor finishing and nobody gambling in the box to get on the end of some lovely crosses into the box. 

Other than the standard Mcgurn save we weren't troubled too much. I like the EF lot on here, but there was definitely some misplaced arrogance creeping in this week. Some fans thinking Anderson being out was the three points on a platter for example. We have improved massively in defence since the last meeting between the sides, and it's not just down to Anderson. Davidson and Benedictus absolutely strolled it yesterday. 

3 draws is a bit disappointing, but still top and 3 games where we actually showed some heart and desire. 

2 minutes ago, Narey said:

Rovers have a mix of full  and part time players. Most part time teams in the division have players on loan who are training full time. I believe your goalscorer today is one of them. If you look at teams such as Alloa and Arbroath who are holding there own in a league above, it proves that at lower league level when you add in loan players from the premier league and players recently released from full time teams with a core of top end semi pro's, the difference is very small if anything.

It's not like all the east fife players have just finished a 12 hour shift down the pit whilst the multi millionaire rovers players are at home in there mansions. 

You mean like when we won the Scottish cup?

Rovers have a mix of full  and part time players. Most part time teams in the division have players on loan who are training full time. I believe your goalscorer today is one of them. If you look at teams such as Alloa and Arbroath who are holding there own in a league above, it proves that at lower league level when you add in loan players from the premier league and players recently released from full time teams with a core of top end semi pro's, the difference is very small if anything. It's not like all the east fife players have just finished a 12 hour shift down the pit whilst the multi millionaire rovers players are at home in there mansions. 
Our goalscorer is signed for us. Hamilton released him

f**k me, Gullan’s chance...That’s two weeks in a row we’ve had fantastic chances to turn one point into three and both times not taken it. Let’s hope it doesn’t come back to bite us.

This is the frustrating thing for me. Three draws in a row, where we could conceivably have won all three. Grant Anderson has a late header off the line against Falkirk, Bowie and Baird miss glorious late chances at Clyde, and we dominated that whole second half and Gullan especially missed an absolute sitter.

We could’ve stormed ahead ala Arbroath in the last few weeks, with just a little bit of composure.

I suppose however on the positive side, we were two down to Falkirk, clinging on having lost a two goal lead and had a man sent off at Clyde, and behind yesterday, and didn’t lose any. I just hope we’re not looking back at this spell come May - unfortunate really that so many injuries have come at the same time as a genuine chance to go six or seven points clear.

17 minutes ago, Paco said:

This is the frustrating thing for me. Three draws in a row, where we could conceivably have won all three. Grant Anderson has a late header off the line against Falkirk, Bowie and Baird miss glorious late chances at Clyde, and we dominated that whole second half and Gullan especially missed an absolute sitter.

We could’ve stormed ahead ala Arbroath in the last few weeks, with just a little bit of composure.

I suppose however on the positive side, we were two down to Falkirk, clinging on having lost a two goal lead and had a man sent off at Clyde, and behind yesterday, and didn’t lose any. I just hope we’re not looking back at this spell come May - unfortunate really that so many injuries have come at the same time as a genuine chance to go six or seven points clear.

I see it in a different way tbh. Last season we would have lost some of not all of those 3 games, had got 3 results by virtue of having to show some graft and heart. 

Hendry is going up be an absolutely massive loss, but we finally have a genuine team that plays with that fight and work rate that McGlynns old teams were famed for. 

The league is tightening up, but we are still up there at the top,and had to work to stay there, and have some real winnable games coming up. 

Even with the players we have missing, we are out playing teams in big spells and creating chances. The goals and wins will come if we keep that up. 

Edited by CALDERON

38 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:
44 minutes ago, Narey said:

Our goalscorer is signed for us. Hamilton released him

So he falls under the recently released from full time team category so shouldn't look out of place playing in the third tier of scottish football against a team with similar type players.