East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

It’s “pish” because the games have always been competitive, whether you’ve been in a decade’s long winning streak against us or not, you just need to look at the score lines for that (minus the two pumpings) any attempts to say otherwise are just poor attempts at belittling your local rivals!!!
And it is “supposedly” because it has taken you thirty years to manage to get ONE victory ahead of us in the all time results stats, I suppose we should then remark on the previous SIXTY years superiority that East Fife had over the Rovers before your own unbeaten run started and you’ve managed to get those wins to turn it into a more credible score line!!!
As you say, until recently these derby matches were becoming like hens teeth as we just never found ourselves in the same division, I can even recall a couple of times we got promoted and you lot had the temerity to get relegated so we still missed each other, but these games ARE your local derby matches and no attempts at obfuscating will change that!!!
As for the game, I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up a draw and Falkirk end up top after pumping Clyde!!!

Nice to see you’re still rattled from your thirty years of hurt.

Nice to see you’re still rattled from your thirty years of hurt.

Good reply, might read again again...

...probably won’t tbh!!!
Familiar trend  this that the day before a derby that can go either way we have the "we don't care xxx" stuff just in case of a defeat. We see what you're all doing lads. Just enjoy yersels!

^^^ Nailed it!!![emoji23]

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

You get excited about games against Cowdenbeath? An incredible statement. 

At least with East Fife there was a rivalry back in the not too distant past (if you’re aged late 40s/50s). 

Anyway, if we hadn’t so many players out injured - especially Anderson - i’d be pretty confident about winning tomorrow. As it is it’s 50/50.

At 51 I still get a buzz going to Rovers games, some more than others and East Fife are right up there wirh Cowden. 

For most of my 40+ years attending East Fife have been in a different league to us (usually below us)  but Im enjoying the renewed rivalry even if its down to how far from grace we have fallen rather than how high they have arisen. 

Dont mistake this for a billy big baws attitude it isn't! Most of us realise we are exactly  and deservedly where we are now. In the last 30 years we have been better off and if the footballing gods will it then better times will hopefully come again, until then its a case of sometimes youre the dog and sometimes youre the lamppost. I just hope we pish all over that mob tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Pish, apart from two seasons ago, where you whitewashed us the games have always been competitive, as the stats show!!!

IMG_0616.jpg.9720154754cd9dada36ca1b70872e5e0.jpg

For a supposedly thirty years superiority you’re only one victory ahead of us and there’s every chance it’ll be 40 each by Saturday night!!!

I see that comprehension is still an issue for you. If it was competitive it wouldn’t have taken 30 years for East Fife to beat us. 

Edited by Scary Bear

I see that comprehension is still an issue for you. If it was competitive it wouldn’t have taken 30 years for East Fife to beat us. 

And I see that being slightly intellectually challenged is still an issue with you, results don’t lie but if you honestly think that the games played in those thirty years weren’t competitive then you are fooling nobody but yourself!!!    

If it wasn’t a competitive fixture it wouldn’t have taken you an additional thirty years to finally manage to get to the amount of victories that we already had over you!!!

17 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

The 30 plus years of being pumped has ended, however the 4 cups to one remains the same! That is all. Mon the Fife

True. You’ll always have that. We’ve been in and out of the European Union since then, but still 4 cups is a good haul. And more importantly East Fife are competitive again.

17 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

And I see that being slightly intellectually challenged is still an issue with you, results don’t lie but if you honestly think that the games played in those thirty years weren’t competitive then you are fooling nobody but yourself!!!    

If it wasn’t a competitive fixture it wouldn’t have taken you an additional thirty years to finally manage to get to the amount of victories that we already had over you!!!

As you say, results don’t lie. 30 years.

Still, East Fife are competitive again. Keep it up!

The EF game isn’t as “intense” (if that’s the right word) a rivalry as Dunfermline, probably wont ever be. The build up to the big derby in 2011 for example was huge, and I don’t think we’d ever have an occasion like that against East Fife.

My generation of Rovers fans haven’t really known it to be a massive deal nor have we played EF that much – and I think many older fans have more of an affinity or soft spot with EF, my Grandad would go watch them at Bayview if the Rovers were away from home. 

Still a derby though, and still a game that has a wee bit of spice. My real problem with these games lately has been the difference in application from both sides – EF have generally approached these games with a ferocious work ethic and not given us a single moment peace – exactly how derbies should be played. I really want to see more of that from us tomorrow.

I don’t get the “4-1” thing to be honest. Our flurry of success in the 90s was unique, bizarre and we wont ever see it again – however I saw it. There’s not a hope in hell I would swap those memories for 4 cup wins before I was even born.

As you say, results don’t lie. 30 years.
Still, East Fife are competitive again. Keep it up!

And you’ve just caught up, well done!!![emoji1303]

1 hour ago, Stevo Fife said:

Off topic alert!

Got my haircut yesterday by Kirkcaldy's Scottish Barber. Sound fella and his shop full of Rovers memorabilia. 

I'll be back. 

Not sure what's wrong with me these days. 

You are clearly feeling lightheaded, just how much did he take off?

Just a thought, get him to keep at it and go deeper next time, who knows you may yet start talking sense.

30 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

You are clearly feeling lightheaded, just how much did he take off?

Just a thought, get him to keep at it and go deeper next time, who knows you may yet start talking sense.

That wiz shite min. Try harder x