East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

This could go either way to be honest, but I can't stress how upbeat I was seeing Anderson getting sent off for you lot on Saturday. From what it seems, he's really been the final piece of the puzzle to sorting out your defence and I think we've a lot more of a chance of getting a result here with him out of the team. I'd imagine we will put Slattery and Tonks back into the side for this one and go back to our usual starting 11.  Looking forward to it though, hopefully a decent crowd in!

That’s a blow for us that Steven Anderson will miss this game. No two ways about that. I wonder if we’ll manage to take care of East Fife without him. 

Injuries - and now suspension - could shape our season again. 

Maybe this can be the game where Baird  shows why we re-signed him. 

East Fife have been motoring along albeit with a few draws of late.

Hopefully we can get the win.

This could go either way to be honest, but I can't stress how upbeat I was seeing Anderson getting sent off for you lot on Saturday. From what it seems, he's really been the final piece of the puzzle to sorting out your defence and I think we've a lot more of a chance of getting a result here with him out of the team. I'd imagine we will put Slattery and Tonks back into the side for this one and go back to our usual starting 11.  Looking forward to it though, hopefully a decent crowd in!

Agree. If fit must start with those 2- if not we have the squad to deal with- though would love another big forward up front so great if Duggan is close.

Game to close to call- think we have the edge in attack but I must say their midfield looks excellent. We have looked weak their past few games- wonder if the manager at times could bolster it with the excellent Murdoch( he has played their most of his career) and put Watson in at RB where he has never let us down and helps with corners defensively( still gives me the yips!)

Anyway hope we get a big away crowd...

Injuries - and now suspension - could shape our season again. 

Pretty much the feeling I have. We’re losing at least one player week-to-week and we’re now at the stage where guys who aren’t quite up to speed like Dingwall, Baird and Armstrong are having to play a bit more than we’d like, and I’m not especially sure Bene was fully fit on Saturday either but had to come on. Will be hard to predict too much from our perspective until we know who’s available and who isn’t.

That we’re even still competitive at this stage I think is a great testament to a) John McGlynn’s summer recruitment and b) the supporters fund and everyone who contributes.

Big game for the midfield IMO. East Fife played the last derby perfectly, pressing and getting stuck into our players. Granted the conditions were rubbish, but we were well beat and they frankly wanted it more. Couple of robust challenges, but nothing wrong with that. Whilst the defence were horrific, 4th EF goal was very, very good from memory.

2nd half on Saturday showed the downside to our current midfield. When we have time on the ball, Spencer and Hendry are tremendous to watch. However neither had a good game at all after half time. Hendry let Anderson down by not taking a booking and the foul on Goodwillie himself. Neither he or Spencer are that type of players, but EF have had a lot of joy in the past couple of seasons against us – and big part of that has been playing derbies like derbies – with high intensity and pressing the game. Sometimes you need an absolute b*****d in there.

That said I’m not necessarily downbeat. We were superb at times on Saturday, and even in what was a poor second half, we created 2 very good chances, had a goal chopped off and forced some corners – all with 10 men whilst up against it. In terms of chances created, we probably should have won it. 

I think we have been the best “footballing” team that I’ve seen so far this season, however we need more than that to get out this league. Win this one and we are credible title contenders, otherwise its difficult to see us lasting the pace. 

Regardless of injuries and suspensions I expect Raith to give us a much tougher game than the last one a Bayview! They have been brutally unlucky with injuries but still have players who can cause us problems.

Tbh I'm just delighted to be where we are after 10 games and I'd happily take a point and no injuries from this game right now! Let's hope we get a cracking game of football and a decent crowd for this one!

With us having 8 players injured and one suspended, of which 4/5 would be in our starting 11, I have a feeling east fife will beat us. With a fully fit squad I think we would brush east fife to the side. I do know that they have three injuries or something but  I do wonder how they would get on if 4/5 of their best players in their starting line up were injured

With us having 8 players injured and one suspended, of which 4/5 would be in our starting 11, I have a feeling east fife will beat us. With a fully fit squad I think we would brush east fife to the side. I do know that they have three injuries or something but  I do wonder how they would get on if 4/5 of their best players in their starting line up were injured

Did you not have a fully fit squad in the last game???

Robbie Thomson, Victoria, Dingwall, Vaughan, Smith were missing that game. 

No, we had a few guys injured 

Ah well, we were missing Smith, Duggan and Bell for that game so witches hats and cheese cutters as they say!!!

Should be looking to take all 3 points here.

Anderson will be a big miss for them. There's no doubt they tightened up defensively with him there. You always feel you'll get something out of their defence when Davidson and Benedictus are playing. Must have a ripple on effect on the rest of their team as well.

Should still be a tough game. Raith unbeaten at home, East Fife unbeaten home or away.