East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

Don't know why but earlier today was trying to think  who & when Fife last had a team  in the Premier League, since you lads seem to be going through the history books you can maybe enlighten me 

Certainly, Fife last had a Team in the Premier League when Dunfermline Athletic competed at that level in Season 2011-12!!!
Here to help!!!

10 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Certainly, Fife last had a Team in the Premier League when Dunfermline Athletic competed at that level in Season 2011-12!!!
Here to help!!!

Thank you for that, presumed it was them. Don't know why it came into my head this morning but there you go 👍

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Did you just make these stats up???
1948 - there was TWO meetings, East Fife won them both
1950 - there was FOUR meetings, East Fife won two of them drew one and lost one
1954 - there was TWO meetings, both draws

1947-48. 3 meetings, 2 East Fife wins

Sept 8th Bayview EFFC 1-2 RRFC (scorers Muir &Joyner) EEFC scorer Duncan, Pen)

Sept 20th  SP Raith 0-4 EEFC  (scorers Morris, Duncan (2) Davidson.

January 1st 1948 Bayview EFFC 3-2 Raith  (scorers Brady & Joyner, EEFC scores Davidson, Duncan & McLennan)

1949-50. 5 meetings 4 East Fife wins 1 draw, (apologies I misread a stat thinking the home team was always the 1st score).

Aug 13th Raith 0-3 East Fife  (scorers Black, Brown and Flemming)

Aug 27th EFFC 3-2 Raith  (scorers Penman and Collins) EEFC Scorers Duncan (2) and Davidson

24th Sept RRFC 4-4 EFFC (Smith, Maul, Penman, McLaughlin. / Morris (2), BROWN (2)

2nd Jan EEFC 3-0 Raith  (Aitken, brown (2)

6th May EFFC 1-0 Raith  (Duncan)

1953-54 3 meetings 3 draws,

19th Sept RRFC 2-2 EFFC (Copeland and Kelly. / Flemming and Bonthrone)

1st January EFFC 1-1 Raith (Scott / Flemming)

26th April RRFC 2-2 EFFC (Copeland 2/ Flemming & Stewart)

Edited to add, yes I added Penman and Fife Cup games but when you consider over 6000 fans attended these matches, they were clearly relevant at the times so why not?

Incidentally when was the last time EFFC had over 6000 at a home game?

Edited by Scottydog

Sept 8th Bayview EFFC 2-1RRFC (scorers Muir &Joyner) EEFC scorer Duncan, Pen)
January 1st 1948 Bayview EFFC 3-2 Raith  (scorers Brady & Joyner, EEFC scores Davidson, Duncan & McLennan)

1949-50. 5 meetings 4 East Fife wins 1 draw, (apologies I misread a stat thinking the home team was always the 1st score).
Aug 27th EFFC 3-2 Raith  (scorers Penman and Collins) EEFC Scorers Duncan (2) and Davidson
24th Sept RRFC 4-4 EFFC (Smith, Maul, Penman, McLaughlin. / Morris (2), BROWN (2)

Scottydog’s Mystery Games:

1947-48
Sept 8th was a Monday night, can only assume it was a reserve fixture, a friendly or some minor cup competition, it certainly wasn’t one of our League games and it wasn’t even the Fife Cup, both teams contested the Final that season, Raith won 3-2 at Starks!!!

1949-50
May 6th was a Saturday but again that wasn’t one of our League fixtures or any of the League Cup ties, in fact the season may even have been over by then, friendly, testimonial etc???

1953-54
April 26th was again a Monday night and was probably the Fife Cup final which was a 2-2 draw at Starks!!!

So it looks like the stats you are quoting ARE including Fife Cup ties, but strangely NOT all of them, probably best just keeping it to League Fixtures and MAJOR Cups!!!

45 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Sept 8th Bayview EFFC 1-2 RRFC (scorers Muir &Joyner) EEFC scorer Duncan, Pen)

Edited to add, yes I added Penman and Fife Cup games but when you consider over 6000 fans attended these matches, they were clearly relevant at the times so why not?

Also, when was the last time Raith have played anywhere with a crowd of over 100,000?

45 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Fair enough, but you can’t pick and choose what ones you want to (or whoever’s stats you are quoting Did) as I showed you’re even missing out ties that went in your favour, minor cup records are too inexact, best keeping it to League Games and the major cups!!!

Probably when we played Rangers in the League and had the temporary terracing, before that obviously at Old Bayview!!! 

41 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Geezo, EF fans going back in time to the fookin 20’s, 30’s, 40’s and whenever else in a bid to soothe the pain of been royally fucked by the Rovers on Saturday. Glorious stuff.

Think you’ll find the EF fans were replying to RR fans, so shhhh and go and play on the road with Frank, there’s a good lad!!!

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

When were East Fife last shipwrecked off the Canary Islands?

That’s actually a good one!!!

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:
5 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:
We'll be talking about rickets and polio next.

That's still an issue in Methil have you seen the state of most of their fans.

Noting that both groups of fans likely have their fair share benumbed and supine this morning. Most of those that aren’t seem to be enjoying having a go while still under the influence.

Noting that both groups of fans likely have their fair share benumbed and supine this morning. Most of those that aren’t seem to be enjoying having a go while still under the influence.
I thought you got really bored sometimes but folk going all the way back to dig up stats really need to get a life.

19 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
26 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I thought you got really bored sometimes but folk going all the way back to dig up stats really need to get a life.

Why, thank you, I think.

The problem both sides here have is a paucity of achievements overall. We’re not big league teams, but we still love them to our very core...both sides have moments of glory and years or decades of ignominy. We should really revel in each other’s joy in watching this game, but then we have a game against the b*****ds! Can we stop one upping each other for a day or two in the New Year, and simply enjoy disparaging The Pars, since they’ve lost three straight?

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

And what was this “third” meeting, Frank???

You only played each other TWICE in the League back then (home and away) and we certainly didn’t meet in any of the cups!!!

FYI, the results in these games were 

East Fife 3-2 Raith Rovers

Raith Rovers 0-4 East Fife

If you are including any Fife or Penman Cup ties or even the Wemyss and District Tramline Trophy the argument is void!!!

October 1948 League Cup

Raith Rovers 5-3 East Fife