East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

52 minutes ago, embow said:

On a more serious note.

Was there recognition of the passing of an East Fife legend, George Dewar at the match. A very good striker in the 60's in a decent East Fife team captained by Jake Young at centre half.

The minute's applause was perfectly observed by both sets of fans, in sharp contrast to the booing at Parkhead today. 

Anyone looking for some light entertainment should tune into Darren Youngs post match interview, as usual its a hoot!

Several references to his team not starting playing until they were four goals down, how strange never at any stage of the game were they actually 4 goals down, conceded 4 yes but were never 4 down. The best though was the comment about the Raith fifth coming when East Fife were pressing, the only thing East Fife were pressing by that time was the panic button! They'd spent their load a good 5 mins before then and with fresh legs from Bowie, Dingwall and Jao it was us that were back to dominating the tail end.

He should borrow that specie twats he stands with's bifocals, they're no bloody use to him either!

That was simply brutal when i was at airdrie. Never thought we would score three tbh our shape and selection was all wrong yesterday so lets be honest i rather see us finish above fifth than failing miserably to reaching the promise land...well played raith.

On 28/12/2019 at 22:51, tazz1903 said:

So it's ok for you and your pal to abuse a player , and laugh at another player doing the same ? When he reacts to the abuse ? you and yer wee pal  SHITE IT , and post it on this forum ? Do you think abusing a player is ok ?

Correct, easy to be the big man when hundreds of others on your side, but when challenged, proved to be a shite- bag!

21 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Hardly rattled just pointing out the fact the "reserves" that were quoted aren't quite that but have been playing more than a handful of games emoji102.png see my comment a bit higher up to see what I thought on the game and see how rattled I am...

No your rattled that's for sure. To suggest east fife had similar first team players missing is a heads gone moment. Nice research though.

11 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Anyone looking for some light entertainment should tune into Darren Youngs post match interview, as usual its a hoot!

Several references to his team not starting playing until they were four goals down, how strange never at any stage of the game were they actually 4 goals down, conceded 4 yes but were never 4 down. The best though was the comment about the Raith fifth coming when East Fife were pressing, the only thing East Fife were pressing by that time was the panic button! They'd spent their load a good 5 mins before then and with fresh legs from Bowie, Dingwall and Jao it was us that were back to dominating the tail end.

He should borrow that specie twats he stands with's bifocals, they're no bloody use to him either!

Listened to the interview  and had the same opinion as yourself also no credit whatsoever given to the Rovers who blew them away in the first half with some fantastic football . Think East Fife really showed what they are all about  with some crude challenges given out to Hendry and limited quality throughout there squad as some of there attempt at football was terrible using donkey Dowds as a battering ram

On 28/12/2019 at 17:14, Life on Marrs? said:

And your pal chickened it. Wallace battered the last guy he had a square go with in a stadium car park. 

I kicked his c**t in the time before that though. Why aren’t you mentioning that one? Convenient.

As a neutral, I was at this game on Saturday (away end) and it was obvious to me that this victory meant a helluva lot to the Raith Rovers supporters.  From the history books, they know their team have been in the shadow of their Fife rivals since East Fife joined the Scottish League, so understandable is their glee, when they get one over East Fife.

My take on the game was that East Fife had a poor first half giving their opponents time on the ball and conceded 3 totally preventable goals from a Raith side who were more organised (although not brilliant by any means as has been mentioned in this thread), but still managed to score from a superb free kick, which arguably was the best goal of the match.  In the second half, it was a different East Fife team that came out and Raith Rovers were made to look very ordinary for large parts of this half, however a bad mistake which led to the Raith 4th goal and a late killer goal at the end, gave them the victory that over the piece they probably deserved.

Best wishes to both teams and I hope they both manage to get promoted come the end of the season.

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, F72 said:

this victory meant a helluva lot to the Raith Rovers supporters.  From the history books, they know their team have been in the shadow of their Fife rivals since East Fife joined the Scottish League,

What a load of nonsense!

Yes East Fife had a very good team for about 10 years over 70 years ago and have a few more cup wins but really!

Everything goes in cycles but Raith have always been one of the bigger of the Fife clubs and until last season have had the hex over the men from Methil for around 30 years.

And it's good night from me and A Guid New Year tae and an' a'.

1 hour ago, embow said:

What a load of nonsense!

Yes East Fife had a very good team for about 10 years over 70 years ago and have a few more cup wins but really!

Everything goes in cycles but Raith have always been one of the bigger of the Fife clubs and until last season have had the hex over the men from Methil for around 30 years.

10 years my arse.

Happy New Year!

3 hours ago, F72 said:

As a neutral, I was at this game on Saturday (away end) and it was obvious to me that this victory meant a helluva lot to the Raith Rovers supporters.  From the history books, they know their team have been in the shadow of their Fife rivals since East Fife joined the Scottish League, so understandable is their glee, when they get one over East Fife.

My take on the game was that East Fife had a poor first half giving their opponents time on the ball and conceded 3 totally preventable goals from a Raith side who were more organised (although not brilliant by any means as has been mentioned in this thread), but still managed to score from a superb free kick, which arguably was the best goal of the match.  In the second half, it was a different East Fife team that came out and Raith Rovers were made to look very ordinary for large parts of this half, however a bad mistake which led to the Raith 4th goal and a late killer goal at the end, gave them the victory that over the piece they probably deserved.

Best wishes to both teams and I hope they both manage to get promoted come the end of the season.

Cheers.

Hi Derek

A neutral

aye right

Edited by Rovers_Lad

3 hours ago, embow said:

What a load of nonsense!

Eh? A bit more than 10 years.

1927 Scottish Cup final - runners up

1938 Scottish Cup final - Winners

1948 Scottish League Cup final - Winners

1950 Scottish Cup final - runners up

1950 Scottish League Cup final - Winners

1954 Scottish League Cup final - Winners

smug saturday night live GIF by HULU

A Guid New Year to you too bud.

rhyming leonardo dicaprio GIF

200.gif&key=a17a9d9ab81bbdc5efb579f4577f92f8d664fced570bc5eb31d30ad6eef97bf2

200.gif&key=7f87fd14f0a1803b71b66f43d32430d0ec469233398172890c5dc174e583e113

Forever living in sepia dreams

35 minutes ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

smug saturday night live GIF by HULU

rhyming leonardo dicaprio GIF

I was only referring to actual silverware wins. But I take your point that 1938 to 1954 is more than 10.

As has been pointed out.....in your sepia dreams

😴😴🏆

Edited by embow

4 minutes ago, embow said:

I was only referring to actual silverware wins. But I take your point that 1938 to 1954 is more than 10.

😴😴🏆

4 minutes ago, embow said:

😴😴🏆

Not dreams, facts!