East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

I’m in disbelief that an EF fan is so rattled that he’s gone through every Rovers players stats to see how many games each of them has played. Absolute heads gone!

Hardly rattled just pointing out the fact the "reserves" that were quoted aren't quite that but have been playing more than a handful of games [emoji102] see my comment a bit higher up to see what I thought on the game and see how rattled I am...

So it's ok for you and your pal to abuse a player , and laugh at another player doing the same ? When he reacts to the abuse ? you and yer wee pal  SHITE IT , and post it on this forum ? Do you think abusing a player is ok ? You are old enough to be his father ya sad p***k .

Wallace is older than me.

If you weren’t bothered about it then I very much doubt you’d have gone through our starting eleven line up, man by man, trying to prove or disprove a throw away term?

I think Watson and McKay deserve a fair bit of credit, they’ve come in and done very well over the last few weeks in what’s been a really difficult run of fixtures.

Hopefully Mcglynn gets the players in that he’s after in January (One being somebody Campbell from Aberdeen) and we can really push on in the second half of the season.

If you weren’t bothered about it then I very much doubt you’d have gone through our starting eleven line up, man by man, trying to prove or disprove a throw away term?

I think Watson and McKay deserve a fair bit of credit, they’ve come in and done very well over the last few weeks in what’s been a really difficult run of fixtures.

Hopefully Mcglynn gets the players in that he’s after in January (One being somebody Campbell from Aberdeen) and we can really push on in the second half of the season.
Dean Campbell? I thought he was on the fringes of Aberdeens first team.

It’s ok though, Raith don’t care about us and don’t treat it like a derby...

What’s with the ‘best team in a generation’ patter too? We’ve had the upper hand over the last few meetings but it was going to go at some point. Still only 3 points off the top, plenty more twists and turns yet to come.

Enjoy your night celebrating the game you don’t care about though.

You have surely forgot up to last season it had been 30 years since we have lost to East Fife, hence why we consider Dunfermline to be the real Fife derby

We've been far from having a first choice defence the last few games. We've even had to put forwards like Grant Anderson and Armstrong into our defence - East Fife fans are now claiming that  because we put bodies into  starting line ups makes them first team defenders.

We've been far from having a first choice defence the last few games. We've even had to put forwards like Grant Anderson and Armstrong into our defence - East Fife fans are now claiming that  because we put bodies into  starting line ups makes them first team defenders.
Neither of them played yesterday so your point means absolutely f**k all. Please try harder next time [emoji23][emoji23]

Dean Campbell? I thought he was on the fringes of Aberdeens first team.
He is.

He started today’s match against Hearts. Absolutely no chance that he’s coming anywhere near us.

57 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

28 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Neither of them played yesterday so your point means absolutely f**k all. Please try harder next time emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Absolutely.

5 hours ago, grumswall said:
6 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:
He is.

He started today’s match against Hearts. Absolutely no chance that he’s coming anywhere near us.

Remember thinking he looked good when we played Aberdeen colts 2? Seasons ago. No chance he'll be coming here.

Transfer Market and Aberdeen site has him as a holding / central midfielder, surely of the places we are a bit thin on the ground the middle of the park isn't one of them, outstanding prospect he may be (as said, he played today against Hearts) but we don't need him. His team-mate Bruce Anderson on the other hand.... (edited to add) but I doubt he'd come either.

Edited by Scottydog

Top team selection from McGlynn. Didn’t have to play Dylan Tait, the easy decision would’ve been a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 with Dingwall/Bowie playing, but he put his faith in Tait and it worked a treat. He’s a very good prospect for having just turned 18.

I really hated everything about that last half hour. We deserved to win the game and I think 5-3 was a bit flattering for East Fife in the end, but I really was certain we were blowing that. Bowie on for Baird was the key change, suddenly Bowie could harass the defence and get us up the park.

A very, very good day for us yesterday, making up for a bit of a disaster last week. And still with eight players out. Onto next week...

You maybe had 8 players out but that only shows there is no difference in quality throughout your squad, you couldnae beat us early on in the year when you didnt have to rely on the young guys, maybe they need to start every week as they must be better than the players you think should be in the team if they are not injured as you got a hiding with them playing the last tome you came to bayview

On a more serious note.
Was there recognition of the passing of an East Fife legend, George Dewar at the match. A very good striker in the 60's in a decent East Fife team captained by Jake Young at centre half.
Minutes applause before the game for him I think? Mention of a fan who had sadly passed also.

You maybe had 8 players out but that only shows there is no difference in quality throughout your squad, you couldnae beat us early on in the year when you didnt have to rely on the young guys, maybe they need to start every week as they must be better than the players you think should be in the team if they are not injured as you got a hiding with them playing the last tome you came to bayview
Top of the league m8.